WC Final

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

To be fair in 2006 he was a beast, and he's always been great, and he's a freakinnn great player. Realistically, besides sneijder and robben, he prolly is the 3rd best, and in previous seasons he was better, he was just injuredd this one.... But how Van Marjwick has them playing, he makes him play in a position thats just not his natural one, so thats why he's not playing well to his potential.. He's among the best players world wide, he just is put in a position where he doesn't perform to the fullest.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

panchester07 wrote:To be fair in 2006 he was a beast, and he's always been great, and he's a freakinnn great player. Realistically, besides sneijder and robben, he prolly is the 3rd best, and in previous seasons he was better, he was just injuredd this one.... But how Van Marjwick has them playing, he makes him play in a position thats just not his natural one, so thats why he's not playing well to his potential.. He's among the best players world wide, he just is put in a position where he doesn't perform to the fullest.
and he should be pulled. They've been using this system and he doesn't work with it, there is no shame in playing a super-sub role if you don't fit the teams starting line-up. Cesc is the best player at Arsenal and he doesn't start. I'm not saying anything negitive about him as a player talent wise, he simply just isn't performing. I've said before he slows play and you can tell Sneijder and Robben don't have confidence in him.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

and play who? huntelllaaaaaar? Vannisterlooij? wait...
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

panchester07 wrote:Really, you don't think Xabi and Busquets go well together.... I haven't quite looked at that, or focused on that, or payed attention on that, but till this day, I hadn't heard 1 person criticize so much of a hair of spain's midfield.. besides "their a boring team", which is an opinion... but seriously, why do yuo think they don't go well together?
It's just an opinion. I think that's the problem with anyone that looks at Spain and is unwilling to criticize a part of their team. Everyone loves Xavi and Inestia because of the creativity and I think than Xabi is a great DMF when he needs to be. I think Busquets is a great DMF as well, but Spain has too deep of a roster to just go with this roster game in and out to pull out these close 1-0 wins. I'm not saying it hasn't worked for them, I'm saying that maybe other players would work slightly better in combination. You can say Xabi/Busquets work OK together, but Spain hasn't been dominate either.
Image

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

2brown347 wrote:
TommyGun wrote:
panchester07 wrote:To be fair, the only time they did have to that was vs brazill ? and they got a little help didn't they? (red card, own goal).
I'd say it's hard to say either team has many weaknesses after seeing who they've beat/qualifications/etc. Both teams have had to grind out wins and I don't think this will be any different. I think Spain would more forward much easier if they would figure out that Xabi and Busquets shouldn't be on the field at the same time. It'll be interesting to see the starting XI's on Sunday based on how effective the starting vs. subs have been for both teams. I hope Van Persie really shows up and wins me quite a bit of money.
I hope Van Persie doesn't show up because he really doesn't work with the dutch system IMO. He's good, but not the right player for the team.
Best option for the team. He's fresh coming off the injury and he runs the lanes he should run well. He opens up quite a bit of room for Robben and Sneijder when they do get the ball because Van Persie is that attacking threat they have to play close. I think he's a great poacher and that's why he's there. The shots from Robben and Sneijder do offer the chance for rebounds and someone with that killer instinct has to clean them up.
Image

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

TommyGun wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
TommyGun wrote: I'd say it's hard to say either team has many weaknesses after seeing who they've beat/qualifications/etc. Both teams have had to grind out wins and I don't think this will be any different. I think Spain would more forward much easier if they would figure out that Xabi and Busquets shouldn't be on the field at the same time. It'll be interesting to see the starting XI's on Sunday based on how effective the starting vs. subs have been for both teams. I hope Van Persie really shows up and wins me quite a bit of money.
I hope Van Persie doesn't show up because he really doesn't work with the dutch system IMO. He's good, but not the right player for the team.
Best option for the team. He's fresh coming off the injury and he runs the lanes he should run well. He opens up quite a bit of room for Robben and Sneijder when they do get the ball because Van Persie is that attacking threat they have to play close. I think he's a great poacher and that's why he's there. The shots from Robben and Sneijder do offer the chance for rebounds and someone with that killer instinct has to clean them up.
The problem is instead of Sneijder and Robben passing it to him they look pass him. They usually look for Kuyt, eachother, etc or just take it themselves. IMO he basically has them playing with 9 instead of 10. I'd rather have VDV or Huntelaar get a chance.

mustahfa14
Senior Member
Posts: 284
Joined: 05 May 2007, 02:53

Post

TommyGun wrote:
panchester07 wrote:Really, you don't think Xabi and Busquets go well together.... I haven't quite looked at that, or focused on that, or payed attention on that, but till this day, I hadn't heard 1 person criticize so much of a hair of spain's midfield.. besides "their a boring team", which is an opinion... but seriously, why do yuo think they don't go well together?
It's just an opinion. I think that's the problem with anyone that looks at Spain and is unwilling to criticize a part of their team. Everyone loves Xavi and Inestia because of the creativity and I think than Xabi is a great DMF when he needs to be. I think Busquets is a great DMF as well, but Spain has too deep of a roster to just go with this roster game in and out to pull out these close 1-0 wins. I'm not saying it hasn't worked for them, I'm saying that maybe other players would work slightly better in combination. You can say Xabi/Busquets work OK together, but Spain hasn't been dominate either.
does noboday realize these 1-0 wins are not just because of spain's inability to finish their chances. The reason these close wins are as they are is because teams play spain for the draw. they all sit back and play defense, and then try to counter attack. Its so obvious. Its nothing wrong with spain, its just the type of play by the opposing teams. Now they should have scored more goals in most of their games, but every team misses opportunities. As in the pedro no pass.

Spain hasnt even been playing fantastic in some of thier games, but they are quality enough to win anyways.

Btw spain will win this game 2-1 imo. It will be a good game, but i think spain is too much for any team. AS long as they dont start torres. If they do, spain will probably lose

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

2brown347 wrote:
TommyGun wrote:
2brown347 wrote:I hope Van Persie doesn't show up because he really doesn't work with the dutch system IMO. He's good, but not the right player for the team.
Best option for the team. He's fresh coming off the injury and he runs the lanes he should run well. He opens up quite a bit of room for Robben and Sneijder when they do get the ball because Van Persie is that attacking threat they have to play close. I think he's a great poacher and that's why he's there. The shots from Robben and Sneijder do offer the chance for rebounds and someone with that killer instinct has to clean them up.
The problem is instead of Sneijder and Robben passing it to him they look pass him. They usually look for Kuyt, eachother, etc or just take it themselves. IMO he basically has them playing with 9 instead of 10. I'd rather have VDV or Huntelaar get a chance.
Maybe, but I'd rather have VDV on instead of Kuyt in the first place. I don't mind VP coming off at the 60-65th or so to make way for fresh legs...but I'd much rather him start because of his pace and ability to make runs that will make way for chances early on vs. later in games. He's under some pressure to have a productive WC Final and I really hope he comes through. Honestly, I don't care who comes through for the Netherlands just as long as they win.
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Yeah, that and a lot of other things. Also, the fact that they scored on a dead ball, doesn't mean they can't score other ways, I read that somewhere around here. Yes they scored of a dead ball, butt if you watched the games/highllights they had like 7 other shots, and like 3 other chances. they aren't at all a bad attacking team, just that opposing teams defend with their whole squad inside their own box.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

mustahfa14 wrote:
TommyGun wrote:
panchester07 wrote:Really, you don't think Xabi and Busquets go well together.... I haven't quite looked at that, or focused on that, or payed attention on that, but till this day, I hadn't heard 1 person criticize so much of a hair of spain's midfield.. besides "their a boring team", which is an opinion... but seriously, why do yuo think they don't go well together?
It's just an opinion. I think that's the problem with anyone that looks at Spain and is unwilling to criticize a part of their team. Everyone loves Xavi and Inestia because of the creativity and I think than Xabi is a great DMF when he needs to be. I think Busquets is a great DMF as well, but Spain has too deep of a roster to just go with this roster game in and out to pull out these close 1-0 wins. I'm not saying it hasn't worked for them, I'm saying that maybe other players would work slightly better in combination. You can say Xabi/Busquets work OK together, but Spain hasn't been dominate either.
does noboday realize these 1-0 wins are not just because of spain's inability to finish their chances. The reason these close wins are as they are is because teams play spain for the draw. they all sit back and play defense, and then try to counter attack. Its so obvious. Its nothing wrong with spain, its just the type of play by the opposing teams. Now they should have scored more goals in most of their games, but every team misses opportunities. As in the pedro no pass.

Spain hasnt even been playing fantastic in some of thier games, but they are quality enough to win anyways.

Btw spain will win this game 2-1 imo. It will be a good game, but i think spain is too much for any team. AS long as they dont start torres. If they do, spain will probably lose
I was eluding to the fact that they have 2 DMF's on the field that haven't been able to finish or get into the attack for that matter. I count at least 5 or 6 drives from Xabi from right outside the 18 that he can't put on target. You give those to Silva, Fabregas...hell...(insert random Spanish name here), I think it would be a different story. I know you can't finish all the chances you get, but that doesn't mean you should just hope that 1 goal in single-elimination games is enough to bring you the World Cup. It might be nice to look at, but it's not efficient. I think it may be a little bit of individualism vs. team effort that might cloud some of the decision-making(Pedro, Torres' attempts, Xabi's wayward shots etc.), but that would be a lousy way to become the runner-up.
Image

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

TommyGun wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
TommyGun wrote: Best option for the team. He's fresh coming off the injury and he runs the lanes he should run well. He opens up quite a bit of room for Robben and Sneijder when they do get the ball because Van Persie is that attacking threat they have to play close. I think he's a great poacher and that's why he's there. The shots from Robben and Sneijder do offer the chance for rebounds and someone with that killer instinct has to clean them up.
The problem is instead of Sneijder and Robben passing it to him they look pass him. They usually look for Kuyt, eachother, etc or just take it themselves. IMO he basically has them playing with 9 instead of 10. I'd rather have VDV or Huntelaar get a chance.
Maybe, but I'd rather have VDV on instead of Kuyt in the first place. I don't mind VP coming off at the 60-65th or so to make way for fresh legs...but I'd much rather him start because of his pace and ability to make runs that will make way for chances early on vs. later in games. He's under some pressure to have a productive WC Final and I really hope he comes through. Honestly, I don't care who comes through for the Netherlands just as long as they win.
I've started to change my opinion on Kuyt. He's kind of the the work horse the team otherwise lacks (well except maybe Van Bommel) so I like him starting. It's one of those things that I know won't happen, but if I was in charge the attacking line up would be:

---------------Kuyt-----------------
--VDV-----Sneijder-----Robben--


if that wasn't producing I'd sub out VB or DJ and have:

-----------Kuyt----RVP------------
--VDV-----Sneijder-----Robben--

Then again if I was in charge RVN would be on the team

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

2brown347 wrote:
TommyGun wrote:
2brown347 wrote:The problem is instead of Sneijder and Robben passing it to him they look pass him. They usually look for Kuyt, eachother, etc or just take it themselves. IMO he basically has them playing with 9 instead of 10. I'd rather have VDV or Huntelaar get a chance.
Maybe, but I'd rather have VDV on instead of Kuyt in the first place. I don't mind VP coming off at the 60-65th or so to make way for fresh legs...but I'd much rather him start because of his pace and ability to make runs that will make way for chances early on vs. later in games. He's under some pressure to have a productive WC Final and I really hope he comes through. Honestly, I don't care who comes through for the Netherlands just as long as they win.
I've started to change my opinion on Kuyt. He's kind of the the work horse the team otherwise lacks (well except maybe Van Bommel) so I like him starting. It's one of those things that I know won't happen, but if I was in charge the attacking line up would be:

---------------Kuyt-----------------
--VDV-----Sneijder-----Robben--


if that wasn't producing I'd sub out VB or DJ and have:

-----------Kuyt----RVP------------
--VDV-----Sneijder-----Robben--

Then again if I was in charge RVN would be on the team
Yeah, I don't mind Kuyt but I'd rather they try VDV in his place to see the results. I think Kuyt has really helped cover a lot of ground from box to box and that's probably why he's still there. I would have like to saw RVN on the team as well, but I guess they weren't too happy with the whole Euro 2008 debacle/retirement.
Image

soccer11
Admin
Posts: 4870
Joined: 24 Feb 2005, 23:40
Location: Michigan, USA

Post

Van der vaart and Sneijder won't work well together in the same starting line up, especially with van der Vaart on the "wing". VDV likes to come inside too often and it just messes with Sneijder's play more than anything. I wouldn't mind seeing Elia starting though.
Also, you can't really mess with the de Jong-van Bommel dynamic in the midfield. They're the engine of the team. van Bommel can't play that position alone.
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3851
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Is pattrick kluivert still playing?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Wanderer
Veteran Member
Posts: 1084
Joined: 22 Mar 2007, 01:42

Post

Hey guys do yáll know of any sites that has streaming of the 3rd place or final?

thx

Post Reply