WC Final

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
shahensha
Veteran Member
Posts: 2528
Joined: 15 Nov 2006, 03:38
Location: Burlington, Ontario, Canada

Post

err truth be told one of the two false predictions our marine buddy paul here made was the outcome of the euro 08 final, where he predicted germany would come out as winners......look what happened. Fate is decided by god's hand (for a theist) or man's actions (for an atheist)...........not some octupus lol

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

I would love to get one but they are extremely high maintenance. Might just get a Chameleon instead lol.

I really want a pet penguin if I am completely honest.

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

What about if you think the octopus is actually part of the trinity, making it a quaternary, so that the octopus can be experienced as God, Man, Spirit, and Octopus. :x

MUFC1994
Veteran Member
Posts: 1227
Joined: 30 Jun 2008, 17:30

Post

klc123 wrote:I really want a pet penguin if I am completely honest.
Don't get a penguin, they sh*t every 5 seconds. :lol:
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

klc123
Veteran Member
Posts: 2820
Joined: 13 Jan 2007, 16:26

Post

Yeah, but it's worth it to see the little thing try and run around like a spastic. :lol:

avipbn
Senior Member
Posts: 145
Joined: 31 Aug 2008, 01:47

Post

Well I sure hope that octapus is right, I win $530 if spain win sunday :)

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

shahensha wrote:err truth be told one of the two false predictions our marine buddy paul here made was the outcome of the euro 08 final, where he predicted germany would come out as winners......look what happened. Fate is decided by god's hand (for a theist) or man's actions (for an atheist)...........not some octupus lol
From the live picks I've seen our buddy Paul make....he always goes for his left side, or the right side if your watching the pick. Anyone else notice this? I can't believe I even put in the energy to myth-bust the almighty psychic octopus.
Image

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

TommyGun wrote:
shahensha wrote:err truth be told one of the two false predictions our marine buddy paul here made was the outcome of the euro 08 final, where he predicted germany would come out as winners......look what happened. Fate is decided by god's hand (for a theist) or man's actions (for an atheist)...........not some octupus lol
From the live picks I've seen our buddy Paul make....he always goes for his left side, or the right side if your watching the pick. Anyone else notice this? I can't believe I even put in the energy to myth-bust the almighty psychic octopus.
So you're saying he favors stage left?

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

2brown347 wrote:
TommyGun wrote:
shahensha wrote:err truth be told one of the two false predictions our marine buddy paul here made was the outcome of the euro 08 final, where he predicted germany would come out as winners......look what happened. Fate is decided by god's hand (for a theist) or man's actions (for an atheist)...........not some octupus lol
From the live picks I've seen our buddy Paul make....he always goes for his left side, or the right side if your watching the pick. Anyone else notice this? I can't believe I even put in the energy to myth-bust the almighty psychic octopus.
So you're saying he favors stage left?
from the videos I've seen, yes. Maybe he's left-tentacled or whatever you call it when an octopus favors one side of his body over the other lol
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

While the netherlands used to play total football in the 70's, I don't think they are close to playingg that anymore. Still the matchh is gonna be the best...... Spain does play tiki-taka----

My opinion is Spain takes the trophy home.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

TommyGun wrote:
2brown347 wrote:
TommyGun wrote: From the live picks I've seen our buddy Paul make....he always goes for his left side, or the right side if your watching the pick. Anyone else notice this? I can't believe I even put in the energy to myth-bust the almighty psychic octopus.
So you're saying he favors stage left?
from the videos I've seen, yes. Maybe he's left-tentacled or whatever you call it when an octopus favors one side of his body over the other lol
You understand what this means don't you? Whatever the octopus picks comes true, and he always picks the left... I will use this knowledge to change the future.


panchester- When the dutch are playing well it's total football, but they have something which I haven't seen from Spain yet. The ability to grind out a result when things aren't going their way.

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

To be fair, the only time they did have to that was vs brazill ? and they got a little help didn't they? (red card, own goal). But I mean, thats only my opinion.....
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

TommyGun
Veteran Member
Posts: 413
Joined: 23 Apr 2010, 02:29

Post

panchester07 wrote:To be fair, the only time they did have to that was vs brazill ? and they got a little help didn't they? (red card, own goal).
I'd say it's hard to say either team has many weaknesses after seeing who they've beat/qualifications/etc. Both teams have had to grind out wins and I don't think this will be any different. I think Spain would more forward much easier if they would figure out that Xabi and Busquets shouldn't be on the field at the same time. It'll be interesting to see the starting XI's on Sunday based on how effective the starting vs. subs have been for both teams. I hope Van Persie really shows up and wins me quite a bit of money.
Image

panchester07
Veteran Member
Posts: 3852
Joined: 27 Aug 2007, 04:25

Post

Really, you don't think Xabi and Busquets go well together.... I haven't quite looked at that, or focused on that, or payed attention on that, but till this day, I hadn't heard 1 person criticize so much of a hair of spain's midfield.. besides "their a boring team", which is an opinion... but seriously, why do yuo think they don't go well together?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"


"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member
Posts: 3339
Joined: 30 Oct 2007, 04:15

Post

TommyGun wrote:
panchester07 wrote:To be fair, the only time they did have to that was vs brazill ? and they got a little help didn't they? (red card, own goal).
I'd say it's hard to say either team has many weaknesses after seeing who they've beat/qualifications/etc. Both teams have had to grind out wins and I don't think this will be any different. I think Spain would more forward much easier if they would figure out that Xabi and Busquets shouldn't be on the field at the same time. It'll be interesting to see the starting XI's on Sunday based on how effective the starting vs. subs have been for both teams. I hope Van Persie really shows up and wins me quite a bit of money.
I hope Van Persie doesn't show up because he really doesn't work with the dutch system IMO. He's good, but not the right player for the team.

Post Reply