World Cup 2010 Semi-Finals

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jul 2010, 17:13

that was the game in 2006 that had figthing.. all maradona said by the way was.. "they are talking because they are nervous" thats it.. nothing compared to insulting the argentine people like lahm did ... i edited sourcess and comments around the web to make it clear that people realize lahm crossed the line. Also, that was the most offensive statement in a few world cups, and its not the same thing to talk about a clubb team, "madridd are cheaters", that "Argentina are bad loosers"...... Your insulting a country you realize it or not, and this was the most offensive comment in the last 3 world cups. I never heard something similar to that, thats why I say he CROSSED the line
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 10 Jul 2010, 17:17

panchester07 wrote:that was the game in 2006 that had figthing.. all maradona said by the way was.. "they are talking because they are nervous" thats it.. nothing compared to insulting the argentine people like lahm did ... i edited sourcess and comments around the web to make it clear that people realize lahm crossed the line.
to be fair though, Maradona said that in a fake German accent to mock Sweinsteiger.
there was trash talk going back and forth. Neither side was better behaved in that aspect.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jul 2010, 17:21

You do realize Sweinsteiger talked about the players, lahm talked about the players, and then Maradona was the one that stood up for them, days later, when he was asked about it? Every action has a reaction, all Maradona did was absorb the critics to himself to leave his players fresh and alone. Believe me there are comments that could have been said from the argentine's, and there should have, after germany attacked first with the comments, but Maradona controlled the situation by him replying.

Any Argentine supporter was bound to get upset with those comments. It happens. Is it hard to understand?

ANOTHER HEADLINE - Lahm Slams Argentina - And Saves Some For England Too.

its clearrrrr world wide that Lahm's comments were abusive and offensive. any argentine supporter would take offesne to that.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 10 Jul 2010, 18:17

I know it's a hard concept but you have to remember that even though these are teams representing countries sh*t talked about the team is toward the team not the country. People aren't gonna say "The Spainish national team is a bunch of pansies" they'd say "The Spainish are a bunch of pansies" in the same way that sh*t talk in club football works. Sir Alex wouldn't say "Chelsea Football Club isn't a strong team this year and whine too much" he'd say "Chelsea isn't a strong team this year and whine to much".

So people may have taken offense from comments made about the team, but that is their problem for not being able to understand context.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 10 Jul 2010, 19:09

panchester07 wrote:that was the game in 2006 that had figthing.. all maradona said by the way was.. "they are talking because they are nervous" thats it.. nothing compared to insulting the argentine people like lahm did ... i edited sourcess and comments around the web to make it clear that people realize lahm crossed the line. Also, that was the most offensive statement in a few world cups, and its not the same thing to talk about a clubb team, "madridd are cheaters", that "Argentina are bad loosers"...... Your insulting a country you realize it or not, and this was the most offensive comment in the last 3 world cups. I never heard something similar to that, thats why I say he CROSSED the line
No he meant the game between the argies and mexico.

Also when Lahm was trash talking the argies about being short tempered he was referring to the world cup match in which he played back in 2006 when the argies lost their sh*t at the end. He wasn't insulting the south americans he was insulting the team that he played 4 years ago that acted like children.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 10 Jul 2010, 19:34

Hugh wrote:
panchester07 wrote:that was the game in 2006 that had figthing.. all maradona said by the way was.. "they are talking because they are nervous" thats it.. nothing compared to insulting the argentine people like lahm did ... i edited sourcess and comments around the web to make it clear that people realize lahm crossed the line. Also, that was the most offensive statement in a few world cups, and its not the same thing to talk about a clubb team, "madridd are cheaters", that "Argentina are bad loosers"...... Your insulting a country you realize it or not, and this was the most offensive comment in the last 3 world cups. I never heard something similar to that, thats why I say he CROSSED the line

Also when Lahm was trash talking the argies about being short tempered he was referring to the world cup match in which he played back in 2006 when the argies lost their sh*t at the end. He wasn't insulting the south americans he was insulting the team that he played 4 years ago that acted like children.
Alright I knew one of the games did.

and to go back to an earlier point of discussion if you want to know what I call an entertaining game you should be (probably are) watching the 3rd place game. Fast, open, good play over-all, enough mistakes to be enteresting, good saves, lack of saves, etc.

Any opinion of that Butt? :lol: The immature side of me has been wanting to say that for weeks

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 10 Jul 2010, 20:22

2brown347 wrote:
Hugh wrote:

Alright I knew one of the games did.

and to go back to an earlier point of discussion if you want to know what I call an entertaining game you should be (probably are) watching the 3rd place game. Fast, open, good play over-all, enough mistakes to be enteresting, good saves, lack of saves, etc.

Any opinion of that Butt? :lol: The immature side of me has been wanting to say that for weeks
^That.
That's what I see as an entertaining match. Up and down all game, chances throughout the game. Entertaining right to the last second. (literally, as was seen by that shot off the crossbar.)

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 10 Jul 2010, 21:02

Hugh wrote:

Eh noo he meant the game between Argentina and Germany..

Second, there wasn't any fight after the match between Argentina and Mexico during the game. There was 1 between Giovanni Dos Santos and the ref, but Argentinian players separated. Players exchanged shirts and it was all well.

How do you know it was the argies? According to who? To the german's?There was a fight between the two, and its reallly bold to say it was Argentina's fault. They are just two people that don't get along. Theres no evidence that Argentina started the fight, or lost their sh*t. You say it like if you were atleast on the field.. Argentina acted like children? All I remember is pk's over and Germany won like 4-3 or some crap cause lehman had a paper saying how each player would kick. Thats it. Its impossiblee to say who started the fight...

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 10 Jul 2010, 21:13

could have told him to fu** off and cussed his wholee lineage
Sorry, you were trying to make the point that your not racist?
:shock:

You are a racist panch get over it, we've all seen what you have to say about mexicans, and you are VERY emotional about that, if you want to call that one of your hilarious south american humour jokes then fine, but no one else is buying that sh*t.

btw, "you took the joke harshly and everyone else took it lightly" name one other person in that chat-room that laughed and took it lightly. 5 people that were talking just stopped and said nothing else, as if they were shocked/ashamed you could have said such a thing, clearly your jokes are not as funny as they are to you.

There is nothing wrong with my ability to pick up sarcasm, I just think about things much more carefully than you obviously do and think on a much higher level.. When someone says something obviously sarcastic, I don't excuse it straight away like you clearly do, I actually think about it, and think, they have said that in a sarcastic way, but I also think that they are having a dig at the same time.

EDIT:

^^^ Panch, when have you ever seen a player who has just won a match, get pissed off and start a fight? :roll:

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 10 Jul 2010, 22:08

You are a racist panch get over it
Why don't you stop trying to force it down his throat. He is not going to accept what you of all people say about him if he feels it is untrue. And it was only a joke, as he has stated. If he was genuinely racist, I'm pretty sure he would stand up for it.
name one other person in that chat-room that laughed and took it lightly
You just fu**ing said a few posts earlier that I was in the chat room laughing at it (I wasn't). Please get your story straight.
Evan I wasn't trying to drag you into this, I just mentioned you because you happened to be there, so don't get hard.
What the fu**? You just stated that I not only laughed, but also made racist comments aswell.
the only person who laughed was Evan, who also said racist things
Don't mention my name in a discussion I am not part of, and if you do, at least make sure it is true. I know you can't seem to go very long without stirring sh*t up but like I said, don't drag me into it anymore.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 10 Jul 2010, 23:05

Your missing the point more than a david beckham penalty...

To be frank, I don't really give a sh*t if your going to go on a hissy fit denying you said jokes in the chatroom,I know your probably not actually racist, because you haven't posted on the main forum body about how Germans are Nazis and Mexicans are scum, so there is nothing to prove.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 10 Jul 2010, 23:07

Guys guys guys where is the love, whats the point of causing crap like this it will just cause other problems on the forum, if anyone else makes a post aimed at attacking another member, myself or one of the other Mods will lock this thread and possibly take more action against the member that does it, so just calm it down ok?
i was made to ignite

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 11 Jul 2010, 00:19

KLC, Panchester is not racist.

He was simply trying to make a joke, which came off as immature and tasteless.

Everyone needs to chill
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 11 Jul 2010, 01:34

soccer11 wrote: ^That.
That's what I see as an entertaining match. Up and down all game, chances throughout the game. Entertaining right to the last second. (literally, as was seen by that shot off the crossbar.)
You have to wonder what if Muller would have never gotten that stupid yellow and played vs Spain. IMO although Schweinsteiger is the best German player they need Muller to really look threatening in attack. It's kind of the role Schweinsteiger and Podolski played back in '06 and '08.

I think the game wouldn't have been so close if Lahm, Podolski and Gomez (jk Gomez doesn't matter) didn't have the flu. That said I'm kind of happy they did because a close high scoring game is usually more enjoyable than a high scoring blow-out. Euro 2012 Germany may likely be the team to beat.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 11 Jul 2010, 03:28

yeah right homie, just because these young germans will be closer to their prime wont mean Germany will be awesome. Euro 2012 and WC 2014 will be swept by the English...obviously

Also I agree, the third place game was the most entertaining game of the World Cup and probably will be. Hell, I was at the edge of my seat till the final kick of the game.