World Cup 2010 Semi-Finals

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer11
Admin

You can't honestly say Spain has played anywhere near their best this tournament though.
Even so, Spain might finally come to and have the creative ideas everyone has been waiting for. Spain has a very good chance at winning this game because they're still Spain and have been very consistent the last 2 years.
But I think the only reason Germany isn't getting the credit that they deserve is because before the tournament, you haven't heard of a lot of their players and people are more inclined to go with the stars that they know.

Evan
Veteran Member

While Spain haven't played their best, that just shows how strong of a team they are. Being able to play like sh*t and still make it to the semi-finals and possibly the finals=best team.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

soccer11
Admin

Evan wrote:While Spain haven't played their best, that just shows how strong of a team they are. Being able to play like sh*t and still make it to the semi-finals and possibly the finals=best team.
I agree. They have shown how good they are despite not playing their best.
I wouldn't make a prediction on this game because it's too close to call. Before the tournament, I picked Spain to advance to the final over Germany. (I use my head to make predictions, not my heart)
I don't necessarily think Germany will win, I just didn't like Germany being called overrated, because they're not. They were just an unknown with the absence of the well known stars. I do like Germany a lot but I wouldn't go out and say they're going to win because it would be stupid to count out Spain and likewise the other way around; it'd be stupid to count out Germany.

Hugh
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
Evan wrote:While Spain haven't played their best, that just shows how strong of a team they are. Being able to play like sh*t and still make it to the semi-finals and possibly the finals=best team.
I agree. They have shown how good they are despite not playing their best.
I wouldn't make a prediction on this game because it's too close to call. Before the tournament, I picked Spain to advance to the final over Germany. (I use my head to make predictions, not my heart)
I don't necessarily think Germany will win, I just didn't like Germany being called overrated, because they're not. They were just an unknown with the absence of the well known stars. I do like Germany a lot but I wouldn't go out and say they're going to win because it would be stupid to count out Spain and likewise the other way around; it'd be stupid to count out Germany.
The irony here is that everyone is counting out the Netherlands

soccer11
Admin

A lot of people are which is unfair. I think they have a very good chance of beating no matter who comes out of this game. People say that this is the world cup final, which is bulls**t. I'd really like to see the Dutch win. For me, the Dutch players look like they're on a mission by the way they're playing.

news from this game: Pedro starting instead of Torres.

Hugh
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:A lot of people are which is unfair. I think they have a very good chance of beating no matter who comes out of this game. People say that this is the world cup final, which is bulls**t. I'd really like to see the Dutch win. For me, the Dutch players look like they're on a mission by the way they're playing.
Is their mission to make me fall asleep? Because that's what I feel like doing every time I watch them play.

Bring back total football, this new stuff is sh*t.

Also Boulahrouz winning a world cup would be a huge injustice, that man is the dirtiest player the game has ever seen, anyone who watched him play for Chelsea will back me up on that.

Magicfeet

I'd like to see a Spain vs Holland final, if only to see which team crumbles first. The two great underachievers, always blessed with talent, rarely showing any real conviction in major tournaments, facing off on the worlds biggest stage.

Of course, everything would be a lot more interesting if Spain hadn't won Euro 2008, but life is rarely that dramatic.

soccer11
Admin

perhaps so. They haven't been as exciting to watch but as we saw, they could never win when they were exciting so I can't fault them for being more conservative in their play in order to win.

panchester07
Veteran Member

What I can say is I've seen spain dominate for periods of 30 minutes or so. Neither of the teams that Netherlands played where dominated for such lapses of time. Slovakia had them, Uruguay had them, Japan could have beaten them. None has outplayed the other rival completely, but I could argue that Spain has done so with more clarity, starting off with the swiss game. That being said, all this speculation, prediction, and theories are irrelevant and what counts is what we are gonna see in half an hour. Though I'd say the winner of this game will be the champion. I told that to a friend, and i've been reading it all over the papers said by different people. I can confirm I have the same beleif.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Holland versus either Spain or Germany will be an exciting match. The Dutch have been playing very well. Sneijder and Robben are in excellent form and as long as they are on their game, Holland will do well.

With Spain and Germany, both sides are also very strong. Villa is continuing his goal scoring form and Klose has come up huge for his side.

Actually, I have a question here. Who's the better form World Cup striker in this tournament, Klose or Villa?

soccer11
Admin

Croatianblood1 wrote:
Actually, I have a question here. Who's the better form World Cup striker in this tournament, Klose or Villa?
Villa has 1 more goal than Klose but Klose has played 1 less game and almost 200 minutes less than Villa. So make of that what you will.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Croatianblood1 wrote:Holland versus either Spain or Germany will be an exciting match. The Dutch have been playing very well. Sneijder and Robben are in excellent form and as long as they are on their game, Holland will do well.

With Spain and Germany, both sides are also very strong. Villa is continuing his goal scoring form and Klose has come up huge for his side.

Villa, his have been harder, under more pressure and more important

Met

Streaker!

On a side note: Why is it never a blonde naked girl with big boobs streaking?

mustahfa14

spain already dominating...

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

mustahfa14 wrote:spain already dominating...
by dominating you must mean, playing 40000 3 yard passes and not finishing.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."