World Cup 2010 Semi-Finals

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
mustahfa14

oh you guys are halarious. you think im being a bias prick? hahaahahaha. I just know what im talking about
woh mr.magicfeet im sorry to hurt your eyes with my jerkiness. Why dont you cry me a river..then come back and ill play nice.

panchestor seems to be the only one smart here. Hes the only one that puts up good arguments it seems, and doesnt focus on people being mean and jerks. You sound like 12 year olds. although i think magicfeet was being sarcastic.

once someone presents a plausible argument why germany will win or win easily like others have mentioned, then ill take it into account. for now ill stand by the facts, and the best football playing team..spain.

Clearly brown you havent read my full responses. Switzerland got lucky on their goal. Luckiest goal, set up I have seen this world cup. Spain lost yes, but that is becuase they took switzerland lightly, and didnt put enough urgency on the finishing. Plus they had torres in. that never helps. they have won every game since. they obviously realize germany isnt a strong possesion team, and rely on their deadly counter attacks to score. but germany is actually playing a worthy oppenent, a team better in quality than them. they arent playing a ten man australia, or 2 big name teams (argentina and england) who are overrated because they have a big name.

give me a break

the reason why i cant stand these german supporters, calling germany the best team right now, is becuase they just look at the scores LOL. they dont take everything into effect.
Last edited by mustahfa14 on 07 Jul 2010, 02:58, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:
panchester07 wrote: Did someone say tiki-taka?
Spain will lose again. I'm predicting a 2-0 defeat. Spain got beat by one physical team (Switzerland) this tournament. It wouldn't surprise me.
How is Switzerland more physical than Honduras, Paraguay, or Chile?

That game was a pure coincidence, Swiss stuck there ass inside the goal and defended teh whole game. Due to a series of rebounds, Fernandes ended with the ball alone in the small box. That, and maybe 2 other shots where all that swiss had. Germany by no means is gonna defend vs Spain like the previous 5 teams have, and they are gonna play them like equals. Lets see who is who.

Brown, eventhough Van Persie didn't touch the ball it doesn't mean he didn't participate in the play. He swung at it and tried to change the direction just missed. He was offside when the ball left Sneijder's foot, and participated in the play by attempting to touch it, and interfering in the path of the play.

Wait......... What's that noise????
.......I'm starting to here it........ Tiki-taka, tiki-taka, tiki-taka..............Tiki taka!!!!!!!!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

nick117
Veteran Member

on the replay it showed VP even with the defender when the ball was hit. second mustahfa your the most biased person i have even seen in my life your the only one who dosen't realise it. I honestly can't wait for tomorrow to see what happens because if your wrong it's going to be the most hilarious thing i have ever seen.

You have no idea what you are talking about but congrats on just spewing out the same thing that most critics say. Oh spain yeah they pass well and their midfielders are gods. fantastic we got it. Germany has a fantastic young energetic team who can finish right now. If spain has one weakness right now it's that they can't finish outside of villa. If they don't fix that problem the WC will be over shortly.

2brown347
Veteran Member

I'm getting annoyed with how dense some people are getting about their teams

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:
MUFC1994 wrote:
panchester07 wrote: Did someone say tiki-taka?
Spain will lose again. I'm predicting a 2-0 defeat. Spain got beat by one physical team (Switzerland) this tournament. It wouldn't surprise me.
How is Switzerland more physical than Honduras, Paraguay, or Chile?

That game was a pure coincidence, Swiss stuck there ass inside the goal and defended teh whole game. Due to a series of rebounds, Fernandes ended with the ball alone in the small box. That, and maybe 2 other shots where all that swiss had. Germany by no means is gonna defend vs Spain like the previous 5 teams have, and they are gonna play them like equals. Lets see who is who.

Brown, eventhough Van Persie didn't touch the ball it doesn't mean he didn't participate in the play. He swung at it and tried to change the direction just missed. He was offside when the ball left Sneijder's foot, and participated in the play by attempting to touch it, and interfering in the path of the play.

Wait......... What's that noise????
.......I'm starting to here it........ Tiki-taka, tiki-taka, tiki-taka..............Tiki taka!!!!!!!!
Germany will be glad to sit back, absorb the attack, and counter. Spain can have 70% of the possession, possession doesn't always translate to goals.
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm getting annoyed by that........ Tiki-taka....... Tiki-taka......tiki-taka.......

You think they'll sit back mufc??? I'd be surprised if they do that. But who's counterattacking Pique, Puyol, Ramos, Capdevilla, Xabi, and Busquets?? If thats there intention then that'll be mega hard. They'll need to attack with numbers and defend with numbers.. and with all the tiki-taka, it will be strenuos....

But seriously...... does anybody here that....... tiki-taka......tiki-taka......tiki-taka..........?

Xavi-Iniesta-Xavi-Xabi-Iniesta-Busquetss-Iniesta..Iniesta..Iniesta...Villaaaa..Villa..Villlla Maravillllllaaaaaaaaa..................................................GOAL

So much, Tiki-taka.......

It sucks that Uruguay is off thanks to an invalid goal by the way.

Magicfeet

mustahfa14 wrote:You sound like 12 year olds. although i think magicfeet was being sarcastic.
I really wasn't. You're calling people idiots, calling them pathetic, saying they "don't know good soccer", all because they think Germany will beat Spain in the WC. Who sounds like the 12 year old there?

This forum is for discussion, not adolescent name-calling. Nobody is shedding tears about your childish insults, but we want this forum to be a nice 'n' friendly place for all it's members.

If someone stops by the forum for the first time and sees posts like yours, they won't hang around. EF will slowly die due to a lack of new blood and I'll have to eat your soul.

EDIT: Final? Magicfeet am gone crazy. :)
Last edited by Magicfeet on 07 Jul 2010, 04:07, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

mustahfa.. chill .. i feel you... its damn annoying how they justify stuff, how they give the worst reasons, how must of them sound like they haven't watch a damn match, and give you poor reasons to support their team, and to say they'll win, how when their team does ilegal stuff or has a weakness its all good, but when yours has an issue then they highlight it and exagerate and rub it all over .. its either you agree with them or they'll criticize your team, and their team is just perfect, just golden, and nothings wrong with it..... how they are all biased as hell but blame you for being it... how they all are to scared to support their own team or have their own opinion... have you noticed how when one talks they all talk, and they all second each other, and agree with eachother, but till one finds a reason (which is usually poor), no one says a word..... have you noticed how they are all germany and holland now :lol: just realizee how weak they are if they really have to do these type of things and move on without taking it too seriously..... this says about the lifes they live if they really have to go through these things................ :roll:

Evan
Veteran Member

Damn this is an intense heated argument, surprised me and klc aren't in it!
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

nick117
Veteran Member

lol panchester your just as bad magic how you switch from argentina to spain isn't it? Most of these reason are legit and you seem to ignore the posts that show how many of these goals are fine especially the ones about netherlands but you wouldn't like to be proved wrong now. Go ahead and enjoy the spain bandwagon we will still be here when the axel on that wagon breaks.

terminator

Germany will be glad to sit back, absorb the attack, and counter. Spain can have 70% of the possession, possession doesn't always translate to goals.
I agree with that. I also have a feeling Germany might just win it because of that. Argentina and England were allowed to keep a lot of the possession and got thrashed.

Spain also doesn't seem to have too many proper holding/defensive midfielders(correct me if I am wrong...not too sure).Although the same kind of thrashing probably won't happen with Spain but I think Germany will win it because of their extremely fast breaks.

P.S Anyway just my 2 cents... whatever, I don't support any WC team since my own country is NEVER going to be in it.

mustahfa14

1. People wont come here because I have said people attempting to back up germany are giving terrible reasons, and insist germnay is this new found golden team that will defeat spain!.....sticks and stones.

2. MUFC...they will be glad to sit back? I wont even respond to how poor that was. But yes possesion doesnt always translate to goals. But it sure as hell helps.

And thanks panchester someone that understands me.

I do have to back panchester on this one. you call him biased and a bandwagon jumper...but he doesnt suddenly say oh i like spain because they are the best team in the world. He supports the beautiful game of football, and the team that plays it the best. That is clearly spain. He's just arguing for spain because everyone else thinks germany is suddnely the best in the world, and he knows how good a team spain is, and the way they play. He has sense in them.

Now Yes germany is a good team. They are in the semi finals, obviously. I see so many people though, not just here saying oh its netherlands vs. germany, or germany is the best team in the world, or espn saying they are indestructable and spain is in trouble. It just annoys me how no one sees germany the way they really are. OVERRATED. ive made many posts why, and how spain has the advantage already, just by the way they play.

This does not mean spain will win, but they are the favorites. Everyone seems to look at scores and goals. its much more than that.

We get deep into our teams because its the world cup, and we are passionate about soccer. this happens every four years, so theres nothing wrong with this. This is a topic for debate. if you cant take it, then get your PC ass out of here. people are so touchy now a days.

and magic feet, really? you called me out on insulting people when you called me a "jerk" and a "kid." two insults in one tiny senctence. I just call people out who make assumptions with no back up. and people are shedding tears over my debates because they keep complaining about oh your being biased prick and mean and blah blah blah.

Im gonna chill now, and just debate without any passion and my oh so bad name calling. But id like to see reasonable arguments. I think panchester, soccer11 (on occasion), and brown i guess, have put something forward to push their ideas.

So ill just leave with I think that netherlands are the best team in the world because they are in the final already and won games by scoring 3 goals today! :roll:

Magicfeet

mustahfa14 wrote:and magic feet, really? you called me out on insulting people when you called me a "jerk" and a "kid." two insults in one tiny senctence. I just call people out who make assumptions with no back up. and people are shedding tears over my debates because they keep complaining about oh your being biased prick and mean and blah blah blah.
Actually, I didn't call you a jerk. I said you sounded like a jerk when you throw out insults in the manner you did. There's a huge difference. Also, "kid" isn't strictly an insult, though it may come across as quite patronising. Apologies.

It's fine to "call people out" on their opinions. In fact, I actively encourage it. But it would be nice to see you writing, for example - "Torres is a bad player? No way! He scored x amount of goals last season in one of the toughest leagues in the world" rather than "Torres is a bad player? u retard. don't you know anything!?"

See the difference?

Anywho, back to the batcave for me...

panchester07
Veteran Member

terminator wrote:
Spain also doesn't seem to have too many proper holding/defensive midfielders(correct me if I am wrong...not too sure).Although the same kind of thrashing probably won't happen with Spain but I think Germany will win it because of their extremely fast breaks.
2 of them actually.. Alonso, and Busquets.

Hugh
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:mustahfa.. chill .. i feel you... its damn annoying how they justify stuff, how they give the worst reasons, how must of them sound like they haven't watch a damn match, and give you poor reasons to support their team, and to say they'll win, how when their team does ilegal stuff or has a weakness its all good
I think it would be faster if I just let you rebut your own argument rather than doing it myself
panchester07 wrote:They have flaws, they aint the best, but by no means are they shaky and I've stated time after time why they aren't. The teams haven't been world class either, but they have stood them well, including 60 minutes that Argentina gave the possesion to Mexico and said "hey attack me" we're gonna sit back and let you do that, they only got 1 goal. If 4 good teams each put 2 in the back of the net of argentina, then the defense might be considered shaky. If 4 good teams score 2 goals between all of them, then the defense deserves some credit, and you are the biased one if you don't wanna give it to them.

De Michellis makes mistakes. He doesn't need Klose to finish it, Koreans can. I don't think he'll mess up again that bad in this tournament, and by that bad I mean I think he'll play it safe coming out of the back.

Samuel is champion of europe, italy, and italian cup.

Heinze is a damn warrior that will literally not let you breathe.

Otamendi will run, and will work, he's the best in his club team,and he does the work on his side.

Mascherano does everything, and adds 903513% balls to the defense, he will not stop running, chasing, sliding, and recovering balls.

Simply, a defense that only allows 2 goals, in a world cup, isn't shaky.
I don't see what the problem is with people saying that germany is the more likely team to win, if their country is knocked out then they're free to pick and choose which team they want to win. Hell I'm only cheering for spain because I predicted that they would win during the quarter finals and if I'm right then my buddy owes me an ice cream, I still think that they've got a very good chance against germany but mustafah you're being just as bad as everyone else if you're not willing to admit that the two teams are level going into this.

Yeah sure spain has the superstars but Germany has already proved that their players are complete class, not only that they're a very fast team and Puyol and Pique demonstrated their complete inability to handle valdez last game so unless they've suddenly grown a new pair of legs the center of spain's defense won't be as strong as they need it to be especially considering the attacking power that the germans have shown this tournament.

On the other hand, the octopus is rooting for spain and I'm rooting for the octopus.