World Cup 2010 Semi-Finals

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer11
Admin

World Cup 2010 Semi-Finals

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 20:47

Uruguay vs. Netherlands- Tuesday
Germany vs. Spain- Wednesday

I can't believe the world cup is almost over.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 03 Jul 2010, 21:08

I'd say theres a strong chance at least one European team will make it through

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 21:16

Big shift from the quarter finals to the semi-finals. Up until this point, it was South America's world cup and now it has shifted over to Europe's world cup. I'm surprised, I thought there would be at least 2 South American teams going to the semi-finals.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 03 Jul 2010, 21:26

soccer11 wrote:Big shift from the quarter finals to the semi-finals. Up until this point, it was South America's world cup and now it has shifted over to Europe's world cup. I'm surprised, I thought there would be at least 2 South American teams going to the semi-finals.
Yeah, and now there's a huge chance that there will only be one

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 05 Jul 2010, 21:45

Totally.......

I'm rooting for Uruguay(clear underdog), and Spain, which at this point are no longer favorites no more not anymore, now. Netherlands are favorite to win their match, and Germany after fornicating England, and then Argentina in spite of both not being to their potential, is probably the favorite to win it all..

Uruguay will play without Suarez, who happened to know well the Dutch defense after scoring 55 goals in 60 games on dutch defenders, most of them who play with Suarez or against him.

I might go to bet and win and place a bet just to make things more exciting ..

Spain's tiki-taka, vs pure raw German football. We will see how takes it.

I've heard comments that Germany all they have to do is stop Villa. They are definetly not the first team that tries to shut him down. With great passers of the quality of Cesc, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, and co, and Villa making the off the ball run's he make he will make sh*t interesting. Torres apparently is playing and I hope he fu**s Lahm over like in 2008-

That being said let the fun begin, and let the best win..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Evan
Veteran Member

Post by Evan » 05 Jul 2010, 22:18

They need to put Llorente in instead of Torres. It will take so much pressure off of Villa, and he will shine.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 06 Jul 2010, 02:42

After watchin the rerun of the Spain - Paraguay game, in a not un-depressed state, I realized that nor Villa, nor Xavi are the best players of the team, its clealy Don Andres Iniesta. That man has the most amazing touch, vision, dribbling skills, shot, rythim, pace, he has it all!!!! He's more offensive than Xavi, and basically I consider him a better Xavi (atm). The thing with Spain though, if you happen to close Iniesta down, Xavi will step up, with similar quaities (touch,control,piercing-passes) if you shut him down, you have Xabi, Busquets, Cesc, you have to many world class players with the right qualities to win. They are all outstanding to be honest, not one deserves "the best of the team" title, and I think that's exactly what makes them different from the rest. Imo Iniesta was the best vs Paraguay, and seriously performed like one of the best in the world, but anyone to be honest can change a game. They all have killer vision, beautiful touch, wonderful control and receiving, and just have tiki-taka in their mind, which is the best football to play. Just when the other team, expects another pass laterally, then one player that could be anyone, either sends a missil pass through 5 and finds Villa for danger, or simply desides to beat a man and suddenly the opposing team is found flat footed....

This is the biggest obstacle Germany will have to face, and I see them in trouble to be honest. Too many cracks in Spain.

The counterattack strategy wont work either cause Spain is pretty solid in the back. Busquets and Alonso all have defensive traitss and are defensive midfielders. Then in the back you have Puyol who isn't nicnkamed "Tarzan" or "Shark" for nothing. Pique is one of the best in the world, and Sergio Ramos is fu**in solid with a capital S. Capdevilla is pretty good back there, and he's starting for a reason since Del Bosque has him in there for a reason..... There you have 6 defensive players that I trust will shut down germany pretty well. Plus, with spain possesing so much germany wont be attacking as much.

The counterattacking strategy wont work, and I've stated why.
Germany will spend much less time with the ball, therefor attack much less, control less the game.

This well level things up if not tilt them towards Spain's side.

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 06 Jul 2010, 04:22

Yea I think the dutch have the edge on uraguay. They definately have more depth and a quality team all together. There is not really any weaknesses to exploit. They are just all around solid. Uraguay needs to step it up without suarez. Both teams have players that will be missed, but i think the dutch have the more depth in their team to still be just fine.

Spain has the edge for me. Germany is over hyped. Time and time again I have made my points about the teams they have played and their quality. England was a pretty bad side, and the win was still controversial. Argentina had a fantastic team of superstars, just no way to connect them. Germany was able to get through and demoralize argentina after they scored early.

Spain is still the favorite, no denying it. Spain is just too good with the ball. The best defense is possesion of the ball. The more you have it, the less they have it. So on that note, spain already has an advantage in the game. Plus they have stars like xavi, villa, and for the best player in the world along side messi...Iniesta. Like panchester said he has touch, vision, and that dangerous play making ability...plus everything else lol.Germany's effective counter attacks wont work, as mentioned by panchester lol. Just about every team plays counter attacking football agaisnt spain, and they know how to deal with it now, for the most part.

Germany has played well though, and schweinsteiger has been stunning. But them, and all their fans, and all their band wagon jumpers, will soon find out how dominating spain is. They are underestimating spain's ability.

Now spain will struggle badly on the attack against germany....IF THEY START TORRES! Like evan said, they should start Llorente, or cesc (change formation). I like Llorente because he is a true big man, centre forward. I would trust that man with my life to give it everything he has to hold onto the ball lol. Hes dangerous in the air too.

Then spain needs to bring in pedro later on as a super sub to switch things up. That way they bring on that quick, dangerous pace and amazing heart for the game pedro has. You can just tell when he is on the field, he will give it everything he has in him to play great.

Go spain and your beautiful football

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 06 Jul 2010, 04:29

i couldn't have said it more biased myself mustah. oh wait i'm pretty sure you would have to completely ignore this years champions league final to say that posession is the end all of winning. Spain is almost lucky considering that paraguay almost beat them apart from a bad ref and a great penalty save. Spain has been underperforming by far this world cup and i wouldn't be surprised if germany walk away with a 2-0 win.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 06 Jul 2010, 04:33

Amen to Mustafahhhhhh..........

Germany doesn't play defensive football, so comparing them to inter is pretty pointless.

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 06 Jul 2010, 05:19

nick117 are you serious? Remember how dominating barcelona were the year before...and how barcelona won la liga again this year? Spain and barcelona are different and are playing different teams. So your comparison was completely useless lol

Im not biased, im just telling you the facts. You cant deny spain is the best footballing team in the world. And yea germany's defense is not that good haha. I just saw stats saying that germany were out possesed and out shot in both elimination games. Too bad those two teams couldnt finish lol.

i didnt say possesion is the end all be all automatic win did I? It gives an advantage though, if played correctly. Spain is unrivaled in that aspect. It helps on both sides of the ball

Germany is a good team. But good enough for spain who, yes, has underachieved? spain still looks good so...i feel bad for germany. it will be a frustrating game for them. they are good enough to do it. But it will be the hardest test for them

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 06 Jul 2010, 06:21

What qualifies Spain as the best national team? Because they pass the ball well? Because they are filled with stars? Because you favor the style of football they play?

None of that makes them the best national team, what matters is results and so far Spain hasn't impressed with results in 2010. Germany crushed England who had all the hype after their qualifing campaign. Germany crushed Argentina who had a majority of the support going into the game.

Now this is truly from a neutral who still has Spain winning the game, but you can't claim they're the best when they haven't proved anything this year. What happened in 2008 doesn't matter anymore. Don't think 2 years matters much? It was so long ago Liverpool were considered a quality side :wink:

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 06 Jul 2010, 07:48

spain and barcelona two completely different teams are you stupid they are basically the same midfield and soon to be strike force especially with fabregas and villa comming in assuming fab does go. and yes you are heavily biased you basically said spain will win everything with no one else having a chance spain really don't have anyone to damage the other team in the final third except villa with torres down if germany gets the first goal with how amazing they have been playing spain might just lose it right then and there.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 06 Jul 2010, 12:41

nick117 wrote:spain and barcelona two completely different teams are you stupid they are basically the same midfield and soon to be strike force especially with fabregas and villa comming in assuming fab does go. and yes you are heavily biased you basically said spain will win everything with no one else having a chance spain really don't have anyone to damage the other team in the final third except villa with torres down if germany gets the first goal with how amazing they have been playing spain might just lose it right then and there.
You're right, and clearly England and Chelsea are the same club because JT, Cashley, Lamps, Joe Cole and SWP (until 2 years ago) all play for them.

Obviously England should have done much better than they did considering how well Chelsea played this season.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 06 Jul 2010, 15:36