Quarter Finals (WC 2010)

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 03 Jul 2010, 18:32

yea i knew argentina would lose soon. Surprised they made it that far, congrats to them. No cambiasso or zanetti? When i heard cambiasso wasnt coming, i knew that was a bad sign for argentina. But they really didnt have any competition until germany. Germany played great.

Germany really impressed me. They will be a good test for spain.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 18:52

I don't think a Spain victory is absolute certain. Good chance it could happen but don't count out Paraguay.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 03 Jul 2010, 18:55

I mean, cambiasso is sort of a defensive midfielder, and in my opinion we had the best in the world, mascherano.. but zanetti we definetly needed, clearly seen when all 4 goals went down that wing

what i've been talking to shahensa and to afew people on here all week, we need, a freaking center mid, we had no central midfielder with organizational traits - a xavi, a cesc, an alonso, a sneijder, a person in the middle of the field that makes that wonderful striking force play.. Riquelme was ideal, Veron was good enough, but none is just ilogical. You could really see Maradona was lacking tactically by not chosing anyone to do that, and assuming his individualities would take him further.. he was a good motivational, all the argentines loved playing for their hero, he really wanted to win, he really loves football and argentina but, tactically, the most importantt he's fried. Del Bosque, has the shittiest personality, is bornig as hell, little or no motivation, but he has tactical knowledge and knows how to line up his players according to their strengths, and choses strategies and tacticss that will make their playerss shinee... Messi was diminished, Higuian was small, Tevez is warrior but not to potential, and damn, you need a midfielder with vision and passing skills you just do. When have you ever seen a good team, without a center midfielder with assisting and passing skills. thats not mascherano's job, and maxi and di maria are wingers for heavens sake. mascherano, di maria, and maxi in the midfield, sums up the blame and answers clearly why the team didn't perform. player for player they had to be in the semis or further, in spite of leaving out players of the calibre of zanetti and riquelme, but tactically, organizationally and balancedly ...........maybe football evolved and Maradona isn't aware of that, or maybe since he was so talented and just took the ball and ran ge nver learnt sh*t about tactics... either way, the man needs a kick in the ass and to be replaced asap. I was thinking they would replace him when he cussed at the press, but I think nobody had the balls......... to be fair he improved a lot as a manager, but still was lakcing

in the end otamendi was subbed, while it was still 2-0, and thats when germany hurt argentina the most with those dynamic electric counterattacks, and they only had 3 defenders and masche so they got fuckeed with no lubee
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:25

yea but cambiasso plays his heart out every game, and he tries to play good soccer. Hes organized and a smart player.

you are right about the midfield. you are just lacking that one player with everything. Veron has all the tools, except his age holds him back a little bit. Hes just not quite a xavi or iniesta. Argentina has all these world class players, just no one to fully connect them all.

Paraguay is playing the anti spain defense like every other team. Why can't a team actually stand their ground with pride, and attack and try to play soccer against spain. I guess what paraguay or switzerland does tactically is pretty effective, but its just terrible to watch. It's like they give up before the game and hope that playing a defensive game will give them a counter attack and hope they get lucky and score. It just angers me. But hey it's the world cup, they will do anything to win. I dont blame them.

They are playing good defense, they just aren't playing good "football"

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:31

Valdez's goal should have counted. he was onside. Oh well.
This should be an interesting 2nd half.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 03 Jul 2010, 19:44

Cesc on for a predictably out of form Torres. I hope Del Bosque realizes that this should have been the starting line-up.

Oh well, Spain just conceded a penalty. This will be a tricky one for Spain to turn over.

Edit: And thats why Saint Iker is considered the best goalie in the world!!!!!

Edit II: Omg! Another penalty on the other side. Drama galore!

Edit III: Xabi scores and the penalty has to be taken again! The second one is saved! Wow this game keeps getting crazy!
Last edited by shahensha on 03 Jul 2010, 19:48, edited 3 times in total.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:46

What the hell was Pique thinking?
Spain's lucky Iker is a good goalie . . . and that kick wasn't the best one.

edit: kind of nit picky from the ref i say

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:50

okay so another pk should have been givin. fab got destroyed there.

this ref is an idiot

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 19:53

Dramatic game. The ref is poor though. Realistically it should be 1-1.
how much more excitement will we see?

edit: I must say, Spain's been much better since they brought on Fabregas

mustahfa14

Post by mustahfa14 » 03 Jul 2010, 20:03

im so happy they took off torres. he did absolutly nothing.
Yea i agree, spain has been much better since cesc came on.

now pedro is on! hes a dangerous little fellow
and cordoza is a bitch. i cant stand that guy

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 03 Jul 2010, 20:11

Wow Iniesta and Villa clutch again!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 20:12

just barely haha that ball was not even an inch away from coming back off the post again.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 03 Jul 2010, 20:17

Yeah I would have gone crazy if Pedro had scored like he usually does for Barca after coming on as a sub. He plays on the right wing as well as he does for Barca.

Edit: pfft What suarez did wasnt sacrifice! Look at Ramos! Takes balls to do that sh*t! Balls! Our only advantage!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 03 Jul 2010, 20:23

Casillas was the man of the match for me. Without him, Spain would have lost. Made key saves once again.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 03 Jul 2010, 20:24

Definitely true. He kept Spain in the game saving a crucial penalty and two shots from close range.