Quarter Finals (WC 2010)

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
2brown347
Veteran Member

I think Van Persie needs to go. He's been ineffective infront of goal and his team-mates are losing faith in him. There were multiple times where Robben, Kuyt, Sneijder, etc could have given him the ball but didn't and I don't blame them. On top of that every free kick he takes is euro 08 over again. He's good but just doesn't work with the team. Move Kuyt up front, and Van der Vart on the wing and the attack would be stronger IMO.
A lot of people predicted the dutch beating brazil haha. Calmm down
^this

and who says they were the better team pan? The dutch played better the first 10 min, after the Brazil goal it was all Brazil first half. Second half the dutch were better all around. The own goal was hardly an own goal IMO, it went of the defender but for me it still was sneijders goal. There was nothing to say Brazil is a better team this game other than their rep.

panchester07
Veteran Member

what the hell are you talking about.. do you think that would have gone in if that dumbass wouldn't have touched it? that CROSS was going in at 2 mils per hour and it was an easy ball for ME. The best keeper in the world could have gotten that easy
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

Netherlands outplayed Brazil today. Fact.
It wasn't unlucky for Brazil, it was that the Dutch's best was better than Brazil's best (Meaning the Dutch played a better 2nd half than Brazil did in the 1st half) Give some credit to the Dutch.

panchester07
Veteran Member

an own goal and terrible marking. lack of merit to brazil, they didn't play well. for some reason the shortest man, that sucks at heading managed to put it in one of the best defenses.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I'm glad the dutch won but the diving was ridiculous.

2brown347
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:what the hell are you talking about.. do you think that would have gone in if that dumbass wouldn't have touched it? that CROSS was going in at 2 mils per hour and it was an easy ball for ME. The best keeper in the world could have gotten that easy
It was still a deflection instead of a poor header. If someone takes a shot from 30 yards thats an easy save but deflects off a defender it's given to the shooter 90% of the time. If you look he was trying to avoid the ball, it's Brazils fault for not pushing up.

and he got the goal because of a good set piece play really. It wasn't great Brazil playing but the dutch deserved the win because they played better.

Van Bommel should have gotten a yellow at some point though.

and it was more acting this game than straight up diving but it was ridiculous none the less.

panchester07
Veteran Member

brazil had no reaction. that was it. they should have killed the dutch when they had the chance and not retrieve and defend. a strategy that backfiress soooo many times. dunga had no idea he was gonna be down against this inferior rival. that was it also, the man's never been down except vs the usa, and he clearly doesn't know what the hell to do. these two mistakes were obviously not part of his plan.

Sneijder didn't shoot, he lobbed the ball into the box looking for a pass, he clearly didn't know what the hell to do with the ball and just sent it in hoping for a miracle, a miracle that heppend, and then happened again
Last edited by panchester07 on 02 Jul 2010, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.

mustahfa14

coming from panchester who didnt watch the game! yea!

really? Brazil outplayed them the first half. Second half the dutch tore them apart. Aside from the own goal, the dutch were bound to score. You can just feel it. Brazil, the best team in the world by some, just self destructed. That isnt the sign of a team that has the quality to win the world cup. It was like portugal in 2006. They were a good team, one of the best (top 4ish), but they just didnt have enough quality to win the whole thing. Brazil is too hyped up because of their history.

It felt like they just thought they were going to win because they are brazil. I guess thats what being on top does to you. They arent as effective as they were in the confederations cup.

I dont like the soccer brazil plays now. I dont like their coach.

2brown347
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:brazil had no reaction. that was it. they should have killed the dutch when they had the chance and not retrieve and defend. a strategy that backfiress soooo many times.
See you talk about bias's toward teams so often but that is exactly what you're doing right now. Brazil had a reaction, it was the wrong one. They were out played, plain and simple. They lost, plain and simple. They were not the better team, plain and simple.

mustahfa14

soccer11 wrote:Netherlands outplayed Brazil today. Fact.
It wasn't unlucky for Brazil, it was that the Dutch's best was better than Brazil's best (Meaning the Dutch played a better 2nd half than Brazil did in the 1st half) Give some credit to the Dutch.
This.

and 2brown347...is talking truth.

you didnt watch the game panchester...you just saw the goals lol

soccer11
Admin

I dont like the soccer brazil plays now. I dont like their coach.
haha well you won't worry about that not. Brazilians weren't going to like him even if they won the world cup, so I can't really see them keeping Dunga.

Credit to Holland's defense after they allowed that goal. They shut it down and Fabiano was non existent today.

panchester07
Veteran Member

calm down, i have all the reasons to be, it happend 15 minutes ago, give me an hour to digest it.

dude, where in the hell did you get that brazil isn't gonna like dunga if they win the world cup? I think they made history with him, being so superior in south america, confederation cup, and most part of the world cup, if it wasn't for two mistakes, dunga would have won, and brazil would have loved him. if he won the world cup he would be a profet down there. factttttt

Evan
Veteran Member

mustahffa you have no idea. do you really think these netherlands where better? pffffffff
:lol: What a hypocrite.

For the past few days all you have done is whine about how everybody is against the South Americans and biased towards the Europeans. Now, when the favorite South American team to win the WC gets beaten, you refuse to believe they were outplayed, even though you didn't watch the match.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

hahha i know..... but look at those goalsssss..... how the fuckkk did that happen....... how many hail mary's did them dutch prayyy :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

2brown347
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:calm down, i have all the reasons to be, it happend 15 minutes ago, give me an hour to digest it.

dude, where in the hell did you get that brazil isn't gonna like dunga if they win the world cup? I think they made history with him, being so superior in south america, confederation cup, and most part of the world cup, if it wasn't for two mistakes, dunga would have won, and brazil would have loved him. if he won the world cup he would be a profet down there. factttttt
idk about that, the Brazilians hate how he's completely changed the playing style they are famous for.