Quarter Finals (WC 2010)

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
mustahfa14

Are some of you guys serious about your predictions? Germany in the final? germany winning it? They havent played anyone good. They lost to serbia. They played a 10 man australia. They look good against sh*tty teams. They looked shotty against ghana.

Brazil is good, but not good enough to win the world cup. Spain is the favorite to win. The soccer they play is unmatched. The best soccer has the best chance to win. so my money is on spain. The dutch look good, but the last game they were on and off.

So spain vs. who knows...its a toss up

panchester07
Veteran Member

Brazil isn't good enough to win the world cup? May God listen to you bro, because if your watching the same world cup as I am, imo theres no team that's as solid as them, and they've outplayed everybody. I'm hoping Netherlands beats them just because I want Argentina to win, and im dead serious, as hardcore as I may be, I don't see Argentina beating Brazil, the rest, are all beatable, but brazil is just in another level imo.

Spain isn't the strongest either, Chile had them the first 20 minutes, and with 10 they managed to get a handull of good chances on goal.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

mustahfa14 wrote:Are some of you guys serious about your predictions? Germany in the final? germany winning it? They havent played anyone good. They lost to serbia. They played a 10 man australia. They look good against sh*tty teams. They looked shotty against ghana.

Brazil is good, but not good enough to win the world cup. Spain is the favorite to win. The soccer they play is unmatched. The best soccer has the best chance to win. so my money is on spain. The dutch look good, but the last game they were on and off.

So spain vs. who knows...its a toss up
What happened Spains first game?

mustahfa14

spain completely dominated the game on every stat and in every way. LOL you even trying to defend germany with that is ridiculous.

The goal switzerland scored was pure luck. It sucks because they knew they were defeated before the game, so they sat back and hoped to get lucky. Which they did.

panchester07
Veteran Member

mustahfa is right. you can't say spain isn't one of the best teams just because they lost to switzerland, spain dominated every aspect of the game. shot more, had much more possesion, created much more opportunities, dominated the game. just like some said argentina didn't play well vs nigeria cause they only won 1-0, yeah, go beyong a scoreline, watch the real game, argentina could have scored 5 that game with all ease, and still would have missed like 4 sitteers.

2brown347
Veteran Member

mustahfa14 wrote:spain completely dominated the game on every stat and in every way. LOL you even trying to defend germany with that is ridiculous.

The goal switzerland scored was pure luck. It sucks because they knew they were defeated before the game, so they sat back and hoped to get lucky. Which they did.
I didn't say spain didn't dominate and I wasn't using that as an excuse to defend Germany. IMO though you can't discredit Germany for something that happened to Spain aswell.

Spains dominated possession every game but to be honest (and I've said before) they lack that "something" they had in 2008. It's the feeling that every time they attack they're gonna score. It seems like they get into the final score then pass it around hoping Villa gets a chance.

If you're gonna say Germany haven't played anyone good despite having 2 of the best games this WC, and that Brazil isn't good enough to win then to be honest I'm not gonna take your opinions seriously. It's the quarterfinals, anyone can win..... except Uraguay and Ghana... :lol:

soccer11
Admin

mustahfa14 wrote: The goal switzerland scored was pure luck. It sucks because they knew they were defeated before the game, so they sat back and hoped to get lucky. Which they did.
If anything, Spain was lucky they didn't get a second goal scored on them. If you remember, they had a second goal that went off the post. Switzerland, I feel, played their game plan perfectly. Lucky for Spain though, there aren't really anymore teams left in the tournament that will pack it in and defend to the end.
I don't understand how Spain is a favorite and Brazil isn't though? Villa has been the only one who has looked threatening to score on that team while Brazil has looked capable of scoring from everywhere. Keeping possession is fine and good, but you have to look threatening as well and Brazil has done both; kept possession and looked threatening.

shahensha
Veteran Member

I guess its the people who have jumped the spain bandwagon since the Euros. Brazil on the other hand have always been given favourites. If we single out an nfl, nhl and nba player with no knowledge of football and ask them who are the best in the world, they will all say "brazil" without hesitation. Spain only have hope to win the WC. For Brazil, winning the WC is merely a tradition.

One thing I have understood this WC is that Brazil has more than enough talent in each player to defend without the ball and defend with it as well. Hell, they can park the bus and still come away with scoring 3 goals.

Its exciting end to end stuff going on between Brazil and Netherlands. As strong as Netherlands are, Brazil are completely on top of them.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

just lost a lot of respect for robben.....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

shahensha
Veteran Member

holy tits! The dutch have come from behind to take the lead.

Edit: holy fu**ing tits! melo got a red card.......10 men and a goal down is going to be a touch too difficult for the samba boys.

I hope there is a brawl that breaks out. The brazillians are getting too intense lol

As expected, Sneijder and Robben have been the saving grace for the Dutch. They deserve a presence in the final.

mustahfa14

Haha you guys are so funny. Did i not call it that brazil just doesnt quite have that quality to win the world cup? Well here I am to say I told ya so.

They are just lacking something...they are not the same brazil. I am sure it is the coach. Once brazil took over as number 1 in the world, and they won a few games, everyone was all over brazil like flies on sh*t. they jumped off spains wagon and went right to brazil.

Heres me laughing at all of them. they are a good team, but the dutch are a bit better. and it is showing

soccer11
Admin

Brazil aren't really missing anything. The Dutch have just outplayed them in the 2nd half.
Well let me rephrase that, what the Brazilians are missing is a cooler head like they used to have. They're too confrontational in this game and that's shown by Melo's stomp on Robben.

Edit: Hup Holland! Even though my pick to win the WC is out, I'm happy to see the Dutch win. There is a way Netherlands can beat Brazil I see.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Thats true. Brazil had totally outplayed the dutch in the first half. I didnt expect the Dutch to turn the game around, especially after Ooijer's goof up. Ooijer corrected his mistakes and the dutch defence was solid in the second. Since things werent going as expected, the Brazillians got even more frustrated.

Some terrible mistakes by the brazillian defenders that lead to the loss. Dunga will be really irate.

Robben was a constant nuisance for the brazillians. Bastos had to be switched for another left back because he was in danger of getting another yellow.

I wanted a Brazil vs Argentina final or a Holland vs Spain final. I hope the second comes true.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

mustahfa14 wrote:Haha you guys are so funny. Did i not call it that brazil just doesnt quite have that quality to win the world cup? Well here I am to say I told ya so.

They are just lacking something...they are not the same brazil. I am sure it is the coach. Once brazil took over as number 1 in the world, and they won a few games, everyone was all over brazil like flies on sh*t. they jumped off spains wagon and went right to brazil.

Heres me laughing at all of them. they are a good team, but the dutch are a bit better. and it is showing
A lot of people predicted the dutch beating brazil haha. Calmm down
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

panchester07
Veteran Member

First header the dutch win, and they sccore. The shortest man, scored on a defense that had Lucio, Junior, Mele, and some other towers. I didn't see the game, but i understand brazil was better in the first half. and the second half was just unlucky, own goal, and bad marking. overconfidence maybe? the better team was out today, and we know they were the better team, but history doesn't give a fu**. it will go down that they beat one of the best and most effective brazils, even of their inferiority. mufc a lot of people, that don't know sh*t about football predicted the dutch win. anybody that seen the ournmanet knows netherlands win ugly and scrappy, and play way below their standards , brazil won and won easy, and then they get this. mustahffa you have no idea. do you really think these netherlands where better? pffffffff