Round of 16

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 02 Jul 2010, 01:57

panchester07 wrote: Joachim Low: "They have a good defense, but their attack is their attack is incredible. With Messi, Tevez, and Higuian they have the best offense in the world".

But its all good - When he said good, he probably meant shaky, right?
Low doesn't talk trash like Maradona though. What did you expect him to say? "Argentina's defense is sh*t, we'll put loads of goals in." That's not really his style.

edit: btw, I think I just found that quote you wrote, though you were a bit off.
"It has a big defence and an outstanding offence. It's not only Lionel Messi. But I think we have identified some areas where Argentina is vulnerable."
Big defense, as in size. He didn't say good defense.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Jul 2010, 02:46

"Argentina has a great many strengths. It's one of the big favourites, maybe the favourite for the World Cup title," Low said. "It has a big defence and an outstanding offence. It's not only Lionel Messi. But I think we have identified some areas where Argentina is vulnerable."
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/101 ... -favourite

Look, he said it in german, and it got translated to 63 langauges so I don't know why he would use big and not tall if he meant tall. Plus, demichelis, samuel, and otamendi are 6.0", mascherano is like 5.6 and heinze is like 5.7, is that really big compared to them German Towers? I've read it in Spanish and Argentinien newspapers and it traduced to good, if you don't believe me I'll post the link and you can go about traducing

When has Maradona talked trash about other teams? Do you just assume it? Does he just have to suck at everything, does he do everything wrong? Is he just inferior?

Low doesn't talk trash it doesn't mean he's a liar, he wouldn't say their good unless he sees strengths in it, of course you talk in the field, but you don't go about saying something's good if you really think its shaky. Thats not his style, but apparently he doesn't stop his players from doing it, so whats the difference?? - keep talking . fu**ers nazis
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 02 Jul 2010, 02:56

edit: btw, I think I just found that quote you wrote, though you were a bit off.
"It has a big defence and an outstanding offence. It's not only Lionel Messi. But I think we have identified some areas where Argentina is vulnerable."
Big defense, as in size. He didn't say good defense.
Size matters..big usually means good..

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 02 Jul 2010, 03:01

panchester07 wrote:
"Argentina has a great many strengths. It's one of the big favourites, maybe the favourite for the World Cup title," Low said. "It has a big defence and an outstanding offence. It's not only Lionel Messi. But I think we have identified some areas where Argentina is vulnerable."
http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/news/101 ... -favourite

Look, he said it in german, and it got translated to 63 langauges so I don't know why he would use big and not tall if he meant tall. Plus, demichelis, samuel, and otamendi are 6.0", mascherano is like 5.6 and heinze is like 5.7, is that really big compared to them German Towers? I've read it in Spanish and Argentinien newspapers and it traduced to good, if you don't believe me I'll post the link and you can go about traducing

When has Maradona talked trash about other teams? Do you just assume it? Does he just have to suck at everything, does he do everything wrong? Is he just inferior?

Low doesn't talk trash it doesn't mean he's a liar, he wouldn't say their good unless he sees strengths in it, of course you talk in the field, but you don't go about saying something's good if you really think its shaky. Thats not his style, but apparently he doesn't stop his players from doing it, so whats the difference?? - keep talking . fu**ers nazis
I know you were just making a joke but thats the type of sterotyping that could turn people off to the forums.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 02 Jul 2010, 03:27

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/w ... ail01.html

Argies are fu**ed. Octopus knows all.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Jul 2010, 03:38

Low and the germans can shove those 8 tentacles of that octopussy up their white german assss .... :lol: :lol:

By the way, they put different foods on the boxes containing the flag of german, so the octopus will always pick germany, thats long been made public. dirty fu**s

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 02 Jul 2010, 03:57

panchester07 wrote:Low and the germans can shove those 8 tentacles of that octopussy up their white german assss .... :lol: :lol:

By the way, they put different foods on the boxes containing the flag of german, so the octopus will always pick germany, thats long been made public. dirty fu**s
Except it picked their loss aswell. Seems legit.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Jul 2010, 04:17

oh ok so an octopus has magical powers to pick who wins a game, but God isn't real? that makes sense. hah....

anyway. i don't believe it. we'll see on saturday

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 02 Jul 2010, 04:24

panchester07 wrote:oh ok so an octopus has magical powers to pick who wins a game, but God isn't real? that makes sense.
Well the octopus has proven itself real and all knowing on 4 occations now :lol:

Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh » 02 Jul 2010, 04:25

2brown347 wrote:
panchester07 wrote:oh ok so an octopus has magical powers to pick who wins a game, but God isn't real? that makes sense.
Well the octopus has proven itself real and all knowing on 4 occations now :lol:
this.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Jul 2010, 04:29

all i have left is to just laughhhhh :lol:

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 02 Jul 2010, 05:14

Well unless the pitch is full of water the octopus isnt gonna survive..

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 02 Jul 2010, 06:20

Paul has proved to be a reliable oracle in the past -- he predicted Germany's win over Australia and Ghana and its loss to Serbia. During the 2008 European Championship, he predicted 80% of all German games right, Munzig said.
20% counts baby ... 20 % counts will count

Phillip Lahm:
"We will see on Saturday how they will lose and how they will behave after a defeat."

Oh really?

"The South Americans are temperamental. We know that and we will see how they will deal this time with a defeat."

You think?

Will see about that little Philly..... Just for the record its not Maradona talking or strring sh*t up is it?

I like how this sounds though:

"It is not going to be easy on Saturday because Argentina are stronger than England," said the general manager Oliver Bierhoff. "There were obvious English weaknesses that had all been there in the group stages. Argentina have very few weaknesses – although there must be some."

Good dose of impartiality wouldn'thurt anybody.

See, everywhere else Argentina is a giant, and a favorite, except, except, on this wonderful place called EF .... :) ... :)

But whatever, there has to be a lot of work to get done to beat the german's, and they have to stay humble and strong. german's do everything well, from wars, to cars, to football, they are a nation that is really hard working and succesful, argentina has a chance to beat them again this year, and take revenge for the 2006 penalty shotout in germany, and we'll see if they can do things properly. I hope they will.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 02 Jul 2010, 14:06

haha you take things so damn personal as if you were Argentinean or something.
And how can you say Maradona doesn't talk trash? Are you kidding me? He made fun of the Germans in a German accent, among other things. Seems pretty low.
"The South Americans are temperamental. We know that and we will see how they will deal this time with a defeat."
Oh they're not temperamental? What do you call a team who starts a fight after they lose on PK's?

I'm not saying Germany will win without a doubt, and we're not saying Argentina isn't a giant, but Germany have a better chance than a lot think. You'd expect Argentina to be a favorite; they've undefeated so far. But (apparently) England were favorites in their game against the Germans also and look how it turned out.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 02 Jul 2010, 14:41

Argentina has talented players that is no doubt. The main problem here is that Maradona is a lunatic. Almost every form of media has mocked his ridiculous side-line antics and press conferences...........cant blame them, he actually sets himself up very easily...

As for his strategy, it just baffles me. 4-3-3 or a 4-3-1-2 rather, with Maxi and Di Maria scrunching in close to Mascherano doesnt make sense. Maxi is not a playmaker or midfield maestro. He is a workhorse winger/forward like Kuyt, but better technique and looks like adam sandler instead of a horse. Di Maria is a winger not a CM. Maradona plays with all centre-backs too so there are no marauding fullbacks like Maicon or Ramos for the argies.

As a result there is absolutely no width. The only way Argentina can make width that way is if Higuain and Tevez widen up. Dont know about Tevez but it could work with Higuain. He drifts to the right wing alot in Madrid.

One thing is for certain though. If Argentina win the game against Germany, it will surely be due to individual brilliance not tactical genius..

Germans look to be the strong favourites cause they have good combination of individual brilliance and tactical genius.........and an octupuss.......in india it would have been a parrot. different land, different strokes lol

Edit: I take back what I said about Kuyt. His technique has been brilliant so far this WC.....yeah thats it.