Round of 16

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

I think Forlan is better, and i think he works for the team more. I think Suarez wants Uruguay to win, but he also wants to be the star, or atleast thats how he's acting. With those kind of chances Forlan would also score. Forlan picks it in the back, like you said, runs with it, contains it, pauses it, changes it from wing to wing, he's just a great player that always does the right thing. He could have gotten a goal today if it wasn't for the individualism of Suarez. Today, the rival wasn't as big, and its okay that Suarez was a ball hog that wants to score them all, but maybe vs a bigger rival his selfishness will be the difference. Hope they can get it together.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Pichichi

Panchester gotta agree with you on Lugano, what a player. I really admire Uruguay and their defensive ability. From the midfield to the Defense their up for it. Love the players like Perez and Arévalo in the midfield and the entire defense are players that love to defend, much like myself.

Great goal by Suarez and I think given a better pitch the triple threat of cavani, forlan and suarez would connect more and be a bit more threatening. Very good game

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Pichichi wrote:Panchester gotta agree with you on Lugano, what a player. I really admire Uruguay and their defensive ability. From the midfield to the Defense their up for it. Love the players like Perez and Arévalo in the midfield and the entire defense are players that love to defend, much like myself.

Great goal by Suarez and I think given a better pitch the triple threat of cavani, forlan and suarez would connect more and be a bit more threatening. Very good game
I have to agree...Perez was everywhere.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Perez is Uruguay's Mascherano... But they all play with 100% balls and heart. Maradona said he'd rather have France or Mexico, but not Uruguay. They definetly die on that fieldd and want to win very bad, more than most teams, they are all fu**in warriors.

Ghana vs USA huh?? Fock's, this will be interesting, No doubt this will be a good match.... Go ghana!!!!!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Nice goal.. I liked it a lot.... Good dribbling , and put it in the corner where timmy couldn't reach it..

soccer11
Admin

klc123 wrote:Ahahahahaha
let's try to get some useful posts huh?

Ricardo Clark shouldn't have been playing. Another early goal because of him. Probably should have started with Edu in the middle.
I haven't seen Ghana play this quick and aggressive all tournament. I wonder if the can keep it up.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

I cannot wait for germany to rape you guys.... :roll:
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
let's try to get some useful posts huh?

Ricardo Clark shouldn't have been playing. Another early goal because of him. Probably should have started with Edu in the middle.
I haven't seen Ghana play this quick and aggressive all tournament. I wonder if the can keep it up.
That's two mistakes by clark, that have cost us two goals. Also, we gave prince way to much space, and howard should have covered the near post better.

Findley should have done better with that one on one chance.

And Jozy and Donavon need to become more involved
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

soccer11
Admin

agreed about Findley. I think Buddle should have started anyways because I think he's a better player. The only thing Findley has is speed but speed doesn't do much when you can't finish.
Donovan hasn't had a good last 2 games. Apart from his goal on Wednesday, he didn't do much in that game. He needs to show up in the 2nd half big time if the US are to do anything.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:agreed about Findley. I think Buddle should have started anyways because I think he's a better player. The only thing Findley has is speed but speed doesn't do much when you can't finish.
Donovan hasn't had a good last 2 games. Apart from his goal on Wednesday, he didn't do much in that game. He needs to show up in the 2nd half big time if the US are to do anything.
Findley's speed is useless in this world cup though. The ball takes weird bounces, making the long ball extremely difficult. Also, Buddle is better at linking up with Jozy, and is technically superior.

Dempsey is the only US player that has showed up so far.

soccer11
Admin

And even he hasn't done that much.

Feilhaber going in is a good move I think. He'll get some creativity in the team.
Should be a good half.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:And even he hasn't done that much.

Feilhaber going in is a good move I think. He'll get some creativity in the team.
Should be a good half.
Feilhaber should have done better. Poor touch.

This is the problem with the US, we dont capitalize our chances.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

My God Altidore is poor... Why do scoring chances continue to find themselves at his less-than-capable feet?

Hugh
Veteran Member

I liked when donovan didn't celebrate because he was too busy recovering from shitting his pants when it looked like that kick was going to bounce off the post.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Jesus Christ. "Altidore is one of those unlucky strikers."

No, no... Pretty sure he's just terrible. FFS.