Round of 16

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer11
Admin

Round of 16

Post by soccer11 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:03

Knockout stages have begun; what some say is the real tournament's start.

thoughts/comment/game discussion. Go.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader » 26 Jun 2010, 15:07

Who scored the Uruguayan goal? I really need to start marking these things on my calender, and adjusting for NST. :P

Just tuned in. Seen some pretty poor defending by SK, but they're attacking well. I don't think Uruguay can keep them at bay forever unless changes are made.

All roads lead to Rome.

Triskaidekaphobia: The unnatural fear of the number 13.
Most of Ballack's opposition have this phobia.

I'm Scott. Don't let the title fool you; I.AM.CANADIAN!

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:09

Suarez on a cross from Forlan. Horrible defending from South Korea on the goal though.
This game is really looking like there will be an equalizer soon.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:14

Uruguay don't have a midfield, its all : "punt the life out of the ball and clear it", itdoesn't seem like they wanna score.... They wanna go 1-0 all the way.... The 3 strikers that Uruguay have can get 3 touches at the most of the ball before they have 5 koreans on them..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:25

Well deserved goal for South Korea!
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:25

The equalizer! South Korea is very dangerous from set pieces in this World Cup. Well deserved goal from the Koreans after controlling the game for the last 30 minutes or so. Now it'll get interesting.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:26

I didn't want to jinx any body, but why are you defending wiht 10, and constantly trying to contain the attack of the whole Korean team? I know you never received a goal, but be serious, you can't play like that with a 1-0 lead . in the wordl cup round of 16

games geetting interesting.. Suarez needs to pass it.

soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:32

yea you can't sit back with a 1-0 lead against a team so technical and organized like the South Koreans are. South Korea has the momentum right now; if they're going to go ahead in this game, it'll have to be soon.
I wouldn't mind seeing am extra time game this early in the morning. :D

edit: btw, Walter Samuel out for the Mexico game
http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world- ... rsamu.html

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:36

GOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLL BABBBYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY WUUUUUUUU

if uruguay plays, they can beat most any team. in 14 minutes they shifted from defending and taking a goal, to scoring one, something that took korea more than 45 min

I wouldn't call south korean's technical, would you? I'd say their main trait is being kamikaze's and running all day and playing it simple, 1-2 passes

South America just leaves these teamss so prepared that in the world cup its easier at times (korea is a case)

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 26 Jun 2010, 15:53

He had a great game but damn....Suarez needs to be punched in the face.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 26 Jun 2010, 15:56

TommyGun wrote:He had a great game but damn....Suarez needs to be punched in the face.
Why ? :lol: Ball hog?

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 26 Jun 2010, 16:08

panchester07 wrote:
TommyGun wrote:He had a great game but damn....Suarez needs to be punched in the face.
Why ? :lol: Ball hog?
Just that damn face he makes when he's complaining to the ref or his arms flailing around when he goes to ground. Like I said, he's a great player but I hate the whole attitude he projects.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 26 Jun 2010, 16:14

I agree he had a great match, but I would also punch him in the face, but for other reasons. The guy is a ball hog that always wants to score. He had a few with Cavani on one side of him and Forlan on the other one and he would just shoot it, at a low speed, to the hands of the goalie. There was another one, minutes after the korea goal, where he looked off-side and wasn't, and Forlan was wide open for a square pass to just tap it in, he, from a much more complicated position, decided to shoot it himself, the keeper blocked with ease. Still great player, and has Uruguay in the next round so I'm glad.....

Forlan is playing in a differnt position to his clubs isn't he?

What do ya'll think of Lugano, the captain? fu**ing wall!

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Post by TommyGun » 26 Jun 2010, 16:23

panchester07 wrote:I agree he had a great match, but I would also punch him in the face, but for other reasons. The guy is a ball hog that always wants to score. He had a few with Cavani on one side of him and Forlan on the other one and he would just shoot it, at a low speed, to the hands of the goalie. There was another one, minutes after the korea goal, where he looked off-side and wasn't, and Forlan was wide open for a square pass to just tap it in, he, from a much more complicated position, decided to shoot it himself, the keeper blocked with ease. Still great player, and has Uruguay in the next round so I'm glad.....

Forlan is playing in a differnt position to his clubs isn't he?

What do ya'll think of Lugano, the captain? fu**ing wall!
yeah, he is a bit of a ball hog. Forlan seems to be playing more of a AMF role but it's hard to contain him to a position. He's known for going back and picking up the ball, and pressing it forward. He's more of a striker for A. Madrid but I think Uruguay need someone like Forlan because Suarez seems to not have any interest in going back. Lugano had that one shaky moment when South Korea scored, but that was mainly the traffic in front of him. That was a crazy 1-on-1 stop...but I still think the SK player should have placed the ball better with that kind of time.

ReXage

Post by ReXage » 26 Jun 2010, 16:40

Suarez is beast for some reason the way he plays reminds me of Ronaldo.
He has a bright future

and btw lmao the jabulani on Suarez goal went off, looked like it was bout to self destruct. Seems like someone is controlling the ball with a remote control cause that sh*t bentttt