ENGLAND!

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
JR
Sophomore Member

Zlatan5
Veteran Member

That is why I love JT so much. I hate John Terry, but I love JT for England. Willing to put everything on the line. This isn't the first time he's tried something similar. I can't find it on youtube, but he stopped someone on the sideline and fell, and he flapped his way over to the ball to head it out, he could have easily been kicked as well.

edit: I have a thing, I call players by nicknames on the England squad. Outside of the squad I call them by their real names. So JT for England, I love him, but as John Terry for the chavs, he's a filthy c**t. Same goes for AC, and Lamps, love em for England, but as chavs....you know. Shaun Wright too, he's that SWP baby.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Zlatan5 wrote:That is why I love JT so much. I hate John Terry, but I love JT for England. Willing to put everything on the line. This isn't the first time he's tried something similar. I can't find it on youtube, but he stopped someone on the sideline and fell, and he flapped his way over to the ball to head it out, he could have easily been kicked as well.

edit: I have a thing, I call players by nicknames on the England squad. Outside of the squad I call them by their real names. So JT for England, I love him, but as John Terry for the chavs, he's a filthy c**t. Same goes for AC, and Lamps, love em for England, but as chavs....you know. Shaun Wright too, he's that SWP baby.
Wazza has to be one of the best nicknames I've heard in a while

Haha Zlat I'm loving that philosiphy, mines similar with the French
I love Henry, but for international reasons I have to hate him aswell

panchester07
Veteran Member

That man has large testicles! Way to be brave, thats more like it, unlike some performances vs USandA, and Argelia, where they really look like they where forced to play.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

someone on my team tried the same thing, and actually took it right in the head lol.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Oh I tried it once, to impress a coach that was looking (he was from ac milan :O), and I got hit in the balls, and he bitched at me , he didn't want me to get hurt or something.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

JR
Sophomore Member

That great block aside . . .

Ashley Cole in a fit of laughter coming of the plane home sums it up really, no passion or pride.

They need to get some fresh talent in there, young lads that have desire for the shirt... like Germany :o.

They need some sort of England National team academy because the club level academies don't care about the nationality they'll bring in a team of u18 level foreigners, they don't care about the national side.

They need to be playing modern passing football, they need a balance to the team not trying to fit in all the stars in doing so pushing some out of position... get a English manager in now we don't need this stubborn overpaid Capello geezer who tells the line-up 2hours before the kick-off.

Future team

GK: Joe Hart, Ben Foster

RB: Glen Johnson, Micah Richards
CB: John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Dawson, Nedum Onouha
LB: Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs

RW: Aaron Lennon, James Milner
CM: Owen Hargreaves, Gareth Barry, Jack Rodwell, Steven Gerrard
LW: Adam Johnson, Jack Wilshere

ST: Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott, Daniel Sturridge, Gabriel Agbonlahor

Line-up/System

--------------------Hart--------------------
Johnson------Ferdinand--Terry------Cole
----------Hargreaves----Barry----------
Lennon---------Gerrard---------Johnson
------------------Rooney-----------------

Subs: Foster, Richards, Gibbs, Milner, Rodwell, Wilshere, Walcott
Reserves: Onouha, Dawson, Agbonlahor, Sturridge

Either full back can help out in the attack up the wings while the full-back in correlation to him can sit back and hold his position ie. Barry holds while Cole gets up. Gerrard playing off Rooney, skillful wingers, fast passing on the deck, solid experience with a great mix of youth. I hope the new manager will come and check this post!

Edit. Another article ya'll may be interested in: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/wor ... an-succeed

THANK YOU!

klc123
Veteran Member

I like that formation, except I would drop both Johnsons. Have ashley young on the left hand wing, and joe cole on the right hand wing. And milner instead of Barry.

Dunno about a right back though.

Abonglahor should permantly be on the bench, if not starting. I really rate him and for the last part of the season, he was better than rooney.

Anymi
Veteran Member

JR wrote:That great block aside . . .

Ashley Cole in a fit of laughter coming of the plane home sums it up really, no passion or pride.

They need to get some fresh talent in there, young lads that have desire for the shirt... like Germany :o.

They need some sort of England National team academy because the club level academies don't care about the nationality they'll bring in a team of u18 level foreigners, they don't care about the national side.

They need to be playing modern passing football, they need a balance to the team not trying to fit in all the stars in doing so pushing some out of position... get a English manager in now we don't need this stubborn overpaid Capello geezer who tells the line-up 2hours before the kick-off.

Future team

GK: Joe Hart, Ben Foster

RB: Glen Johnson, Micah Richards
CB: John Terry, Rio Ferdinand, Michael Dawson, Nedum Onouha
LB: Ashley Cole, Kieran Gibbs

RW: Aaron Lennon, James Milner
CM: Owen Hargreaves, Gareth Barry, Jack Rodwell, Steven Gerrard
LW: Adam Johnson, Jack Wilshere

ST: Wayne Rooney, Theo Walcott, Daniel Sturridge, Gabriel Agbonlahor

Line-up/System

--------------------Hart--------------------
Johnson------Ferdinand--Terry------Cole
----------Hargreaves----Barry----------
Lennon---------Gerrard---------Johnson
------------------Rooney-----------------

Subs: Foster, Richards, Gibbs, Milner, Rodwell, Wilshere, Walcott
Reserves: Onouha, Dawson, Agbonlahor, Sturridge

Either full back can help out in the attack up the wings while the full-back in correlation to him can sit back and hold his position ie. Barry holds while Cole gets up. Gerrard playing off Rooney, skillful wingers, fast passing on the deck, solid experience with a great mix of youth. I hope the new manager will come and check this post!

Edit. Another article ya'll may be interested in: http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2890/wor ... an-succeed

THANK YOU!
I said in a previous thread, players should be picked on form rather than rep.

The only exceptions are players you absolutely know will step up and players who are on form need a tad of experience. We took the gamble with Owen in 1998. Payed off

And all you 442 disses. I think its still the best formation.

----------------------Hart----------------------------
---Johnson------Dawson---Terry-----------Cole

---Milner-------Gerrard---(new CM)----------Johnson

------------------Rooney---Agbonlahor---------

Team for Brazil in 2014.

Gerrard and Terry will be 33,34 and the oldest players.

Passion and pride is key for a team

2brown347
Veteran Member

As a neutral on England I don't understand why all the English fans seem to want Gerrard over Lampard. You all seem to say that players should be picked on form rather than rep but Lampards consistantly had better form then Gerrard. I don't really care but I'm curious to know why.

soccer11
Admin

2brown347 wrote:As a neutral on England I don't understand why all the English fans seem to want Gerrard over Lampard. You all seem to say that players should be picked on form rather than rep but Lampards consistantly had better form then Gerrard. I don't really care but I'm curious to know why.
^this.

Lampard has consistently scored more goals than Gerrard, and from a deeper position, no less. On a team filled with big stars, I'd argue Lampard is at least the 2nd most important (if not most important) to Chelsea.
Only thing Gerrard has going for him is he's 2 years younger. Very overrated player IMO. He either plays with emotion and heart and does good, or he doesn't and plays bad.

2brown347
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:As a neutral on England I don't understand why all the English fans seem to want Gerrard over Lampard. You all seem to say that players should be picked on form rather than rep but Lampards consistantly had better form then Gerrard. I don't really care but I'm curious to know why.
^this.

Lampard has consistently scored more goals than Gerrard, and from a deeper position, no less. On a team filled with big stars, I'd argue Lampard is at least the 2nd most important (if not most important) to Chelsea.
Only thing Gerrard has going for him is he's 2 years younger. Very overrated player IMO. He either plays with emotion and heart and does good, or he doesn't and plays bad.
^this.

I'd say he is the most important player. They've done fine when Terry's been out, Drogba's been out, Cech's been out, etc, etc.
Chelsea is a team filled with some of the worlds best players and IMO Lampards the most important there.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Gerrard has consistently been better than lampard in world cups.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I tend to think there's a lot of sentimental favortism going towards Gerrard, because a lot of English supporters aren't Chelsea supporters. While it is true that Gerrard has been better at Lampard in WCs, neither has been spectacular, and, if you were to pick on form, Lampard would certainly be 1 to Gerrard's 1 a). (England neutral here.)

soccer11
Admin

Just out of curiosity, why does it seem like no one likes Darren Bent? He scored 25 goals this past season and was arguably the most inform England striker at the end of the season, yet he didn't make the team.