2010 FIFA WC: Group G

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
fawad000

Portugal vs ivory coast game is about to start in approximately half an hour. Imo This game will definitely be a make or break game for these teams. YOu lose and you are out.
Brasil vs N.korea will follow the Portugal's match and will be full of excitement. The (Possibly) strongest team of the world cup will take on (possibly) the weakest team of the Wc. I have been waiting for this game since the draw ceremony. I also do not know how many goals should I expect from Brasil.I would love to say more than 3 but N.korea is a hard working team.They may not have the skill and panache to trouble the samba boys but they press well and could upset Brasil.I would go with a more pragmatic approach and say 2-0 will be a fine result. 8)
I am also excited to see how this team gels. Brasil did very well in confederations cup but there are some new faces such as Grafite, Bastos, Josue ( did not start as a regular at conf. cup).
Dunga has done an awesome job up til now but this is the real deal now. His defensive approach will haunt him if he does not get the results. I am optimistic though. Robinhio is banging goals left and right and I hope he wrecks the N.korea defense. :D
What are your guys thoughts?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Nice of cr7 to show he's still a diving piece of shite within the first 6 minutes. classy. :roll:

Evan
Veteran Member

Lol at ronaldo

"Fock you!"
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

soccer11
Admin

The diving by the Portuguese team as a whole is rivaling that of the Italians.

on another note, what a shot by c.ronaldo.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Yes, a great shot. Keep in mind Larrionda is refing, so I'm not surprised at the number of cards given up to this point, although I am a little surprised he hasn't been throwing them out left, right and center.

Good game so far.

bsc
Veteran Member

Ivory Coast are showing they need a Deco type player to just get in the center to play that final ball, or distribute something into a dangerous area. Portugal are missing a Yaya Toure type player because they are getting dominated in the midfield.

I hope Eboue can step it up in the second half, because he's playing in that attacking midfield role off and on, and could make something happen.

All this diving better be stopped by some yellow cards, even if it means a sending off.
Last edited by bsc on 15 Jun 2010, 14:52, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I just woke up and say the last 10 minutes. Realy boring imo, lots of imprecisions and bad passes, the field is super fast, and the teams haven't completed any pass worthy pass in the opposing half. Portugal's and Ivory Coast defense have won it all, blocked it all, and avoided all dangerous and exciting plays. Cr7 lost as usual.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

Drogba needs to get out there. Ivory Coast have the possesion and momentum, they just need a player to put it in the back of the net and there are few who do it better than Drogba.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

panchester07 wrote:I just woke up and say the last 10 minutes. Realy boring imo, lots of imprecisions and bad passes, the field is super fast, and the teams haven't completed any pass worthy pass in the opposing half. Portugal's and Ivory Coast defense have won it all, blocked it all, and avoided all dangerous and exciting plays. Cr7 lost as usual.
The last ten minutes wasn't really an accurate representation of the whole half, panchester.

scottS4
Veteran Member

i don't know, i thought it was a good first half. the pace is quick, like an epl game. now there just has to be some more shots.

i heard that north korea might play a 5-4-1, hopefully it doesn't stop brasil from banging in some goals,

soccer11
Admin

I thought it's been a pretty good half. Only problem really is a lack of scoring opportunities. I agree though, Drogba needs to make an appearance soon.

and I heard north Korea might go 3-6-1. either way, ultra defensive, but I don't see it keeping Brazil from scoring 3 goals.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Rome_Leader wrote:
panchester07 wrote:I just woke up and say the last 10 minutes. Realy boring imo, lots of imprecisions and bad passes, the field is super fast, and the teams haven't completed any pass worthy pass in the opposing half. Portugal's and Ivory Coast defense have won it all, blocked it all, and avoided all dangerous and exciting plays. Cr7 lost as usual.
The last ten minutes wasn't really an accurate representation of the whole half, panchester.
haha thank god, thanks for the clarification man. (i didn't think so either)

TommyGun
Veteran Member

It's going to be a really physical game in the 2nd half, much like the first. The emotions are running high because the pressure on either to win is extremely heavy. I'm not a professional lip reader, but I've counted half a dozen "fu** off"'s so far haha. IC are just winning those 50/50 midfield balls that just feed into their possession. With CR on a yellow, he better be really careful about tucking his legs up when he expects contact...or he'll get another yellow and 10 men might not get the job done.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Simao is in.. He makes things happen..usually..

Portugal is playing with 2 brazilians. Could be 3 if Pepe where to play.

the field is so fast. and the ball doesn't help.

fawad000

Gervinhio is becoming a pain the a** for the Portuguese defense.On the funny side, I did not know that Portugese had so many blondes.I thought Miguel veleso was playing as a left back but in reality he was conterao.