2010 FIFA WC: Group G

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
2brown347
Veteran Member

I got to say that the asian teams have really impressed me this week. I can honestly see all 3 of them making it out of their groups, I don't expect them to but I wouldn't be as surprised after watching them play this week if they did.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Maybe they'll even surprise someone else in this group and beat them. Portugal is candidate to loosing to em, if they don't wake up. Ivory Coast isn't free of loosing either.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

fawad000

Lucio and Maicon underestimated that guy at that moment and just stood out there. A 2-0 scoreline would have been a fine result but leaking a goal against N.Korea will surely give Dunga a cause of concern.
An average performance by the Brasilian standards. I knew N.Korea are a hard working team but I did not expect a goal from them. I would be able to judge N.Korea's performance today more by seeing how they play against Ivory Coast and Portugal.
Portugal and I.Coast will now be very cautious against N.Korea.

fawad000

2brown347 wrote:I got to say that the asian teams have really impressed me this week. I can honestly see all 3 of them making it out of their groups, I don't expect them to but I wouldn't be as surprised after watching them play this week if they did.
Australia also comes under "Asia",at least in footy. :lol:

scottS4
Veteran Member

man i have nothing but respect for north korea now, very structured and organized, and watching them fearlessly dive into 50-50s in the first half was just as entertaining as goals in my opinion. i think the koreans would have cleared a boulder if it had entered their box.

soccer11
Admin

surprising game. Brazil controlled that game and the defense of Brazil was really good up until that goal. I'm intrigued to see how Brazil does against a team that isn't so packed in defensively. I think North Korea's goal came down to more laziness on Brazil's part than anything; probably because they underestimated the Koreans, especially in the closing minutes of the match.
If Brazil don't start being more productive offensively, there will be a lot of Brazilians who are more upset than they already are.

edit: really nice goal from Maicon. my favorite goal of the tournament so far.

panchester07
Veteran Member

fawad000 wrote:
2brown347 wrote:I got to say that the asian teams have really impressed me this week. I can honestly see all 3 of them making it out of their groups, I don't expect them to but I wouldn't be as surprised after watching them play this week if they did.
Australia also comes under "Asia",at least in footy. :lol:
Not to mention they qualified first.

And I think Brazil won well today, they controled the game, dominated and where doing whatever they wanted to. With the exception of scoring. Again, i don't think that the lack of more goals, is enough to say the team didn't play exellent. Much like I was saying with Argentina. Could have been more goals if brazil finished better.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

bsc
Veteran Member

I thought Brazil had way better shape late on, when they subbed on Nilmar for Kaka. This pushed Robinho into the central playmaker role, which he was drifting towards the whole game. And to be fair, when the both of them were in, Robinho wass by far the more effective.

We'll see if Dunga changes anything for the next match.

Also, the man marking on Fabiano was superbly done by the Korean defenders. I though Michelle Bastos had a very good game, along with Robinho, who was man of the match for me.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Don't know if you guys knew this but the apparent "N.Korea fans" in the stands were actually Chinese actors paid to act as North Korean supporters.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:Don't know if you guys knew this but the apparent "N.Korea fans" in the stands were actually Chinese actors paid to act as North Korean supporters.
Yeah I heard the commentators talking about this.

I'm surprised one of the players on N. Korea was wearing bright yellow boots! That seems a bit western culture to me ;)

Ward9310

So, Maicon's goal, cross or shot? I'm torn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKPhonsV ... r_embedded

2brown347
Veteran Member

I don't really buy the whole hired Chinesse actors but when a nation like N. Korea is in the world cup there are always gonna be theory's like that, could be true, but I doubt it.

I think the goal was a shot simply because of how he hit it, but then again he may have just hit it like that in a moment of panic to stop it from going out. idk.

and maybe I should of been specific but by asian teams I meant the teams that are actually from asian countries

pzona

I'm really impressed by the Asian countries as well, especially after watching South Korea this morning. I wasn't expecting much from any of them, least of all North Korea, but they looked decent. It's a real shame they were drawn into such a tough group, but they could very easily take a point or two from their next two games. I was expecting 4 or 5 goals from Brazil, but the North Korean defense was very organized. I'd been hearing about their discipline more than anything (that's about all anyone had to say about them) but I wrote it off as people just trying to say something positive. Best underdog performance I've seen in years, easily.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Victory to dear leader's minions!!! :lol:

no really, I hope they are the upset runner ups of the group.

soccer11
Admin

haha could you imagine c.ronaldo's face if North Korea beats Portugal