2010 FIFA WC: Group G

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
pzona

Post by pzona »

Ivory Coast is suffering from the same plague as nearly every other team so far in the tournament, lack of finishing. As of the 65th minute, I personally feel they deserve the win, or at the very least a draw. Drogba's coming on, this will really test Portugal.
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

cr7's dive in the 72nd minute almost makes Italians look like a fair team. Hopefully Drogba can score, Ivory Coast has played far better IMO.
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

For these 45 minutes I've seen it seems like a pretty balanced and even match to me. The clearest chance was deco's cross which Liedson headed with power but to Barry's hand's. In the fist half watching the highlights Cr7's shot seemed like the closest to becoming a goal. I would have left Deco and Raul Meireles in. Apparently Queiroz like's the rsult. Zokora's tactical foul in the midfield on Liedson was for a second yellow, meaning his explulsion. I knew Drogba wasn't gonna do anything. Portugal is missing Nani.

Yet another 0-0. If Ivory Coast would have played how they played at the end all season they would have won it without a doubt. Then again, why didn't they?
Last edited by panchester07 on 15 Jun 2010, 15:53, edited 1 time in total.
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

With better service Drogba would have.

Either way it's now down to who loses to Brazil by less and beats N. Korea by more.
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 »

Aside from Ronaldo's shot in the 10th minute of play there really isn't much to talk about.

Nobody impressed me during that match and I'm getting pretty sick of Ronaldo taking free kicks from like 40 yards out. Seriously, put the ball in the box for one of your teammates to get a head on it instead of blasting the ball into the wall or over the bar. Oh and stop flopping around.
NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy »

Ronaldo is gonna be sh*t, cause his team is sh*t

Unless they magically get a decent CF and a flowing midfeild partnership between Deco and someone else they will struggle

Really good shot by Ronaldo in the early stages, this ball seems to suit his kicking very well
fawad000

Post by fawad000 »

NewBornProdigy wrote: Unless they magically get a decent CF and a flowing midfeild partnership between Deco and someone else they will struggle
They have got a decent striker called HUgo almeida but Carlos did not play him. Also Veloso, Jao moutinhio and varela were not there.Portugal could have used the pace of varela and creativity of the other two fellows but I guess they were not good enough for the Portuguese squad.
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 »

Brazil basically controlled that first half up to the 18 yard box. North Korea are very organized and seem hard to break down. Brazil hasn't had one really good scoring chance yet. Brazil needs to attack more in the 2nd half. They need to play wider. The left side has been almost non-existent for the Brazilians. Almost everything is coming through the middle which won't work against a team this defensive.
Credit to North Korea though. They played very well.
micha
New User

Post by micha »

2brown347 wrote:Either way it's now down to who loses to Brazil by less and beats N. Korea by more.
I'm not so sure. Brazil seems to have totally run out of ideas up front, and the North Koreans are turning out to be no slouches in defense.
fawad000

Post by fawad000 »

A beauty scored by Maicon.Thanks Jubulani :D 8) :D
micha
New User

Post by micha »

fawad000 wrote:A beauty scored by Maicon.Thanks Jubulani :D 8) :D
I know. :D I was just thinking "Finally, the jabulani's done something useful".
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

Was it the jabulani? this is certainly not the first goal he scores like this. remember one vs Juventus he scored like this. Another one with the Brazil U-23 vs Paraguay that was very similar to this, I think another one vs USA last year in the Confed Cup very similar, and a few others. the ball seemed to take a very logical spin also, nothing abnormal.. Still finally, what they deserved a goal. Keep em coming!!!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader »

What a beautiful strike and then, a clinical finish by Elano. It was a good effort, but you knew the wheels had to fall off the wagon.
fawad000

Post by fawad000 »

A very cool finish by Elano and a very precise pass by Robinhio which ripped N.Korea's defense.Brasil 2-0 :D 8)
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

The pass was the goal, and the Elano just passed it to the net. realistically anybody could have done it, but the run was well made. Lets see what Dani Alves has.

Please let it be 3-0!!

My eyes can't believe it- 2-1? :shock:

That touch killed Lucio and Maicon.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'