2010 FIFA WC: Group D

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
2brown347
Veteran Member

All I have to say is that Germany is truly a team made for cup competitions. It'd be awesome if Podolski would show up for someone other then his national team.

I know they aren't playing the best team but I'm really hoping USA don't get second in the group now because I think they'll beat whoever they play in round of 16.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Honestly, I feel a bit dumb for not giving Germany the powerhouse recognition it deserves before going to the world cup.

They are playing very smoothly and effectively. Mixing short passes and long balls over the top very well. Ozul and Mueller have been phenomenal on the right side.

hahaha its amazing how some players are brilliant with their clubs but useless for their country (ronaldinho, cronaldo & messi so far) then there are fools like Podolski and Klose who are miserable with their clubs but murk it for their nation all the time.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Ya, I heard Ballack was out and looked at their keeper and wrote them off but they've been doing extremely well. Austrialia's attacking well but the Germans are composed playing smart more than anything.

I think the announcer said it well, Germany doesn't have all the flair of other teams but thats not a bad thing. They know what balls are dangerous and when they get into the final 3rd they are all business.
Last edited by 2brown347 on 13 Jun 2010, 19:09, edited 1 time in total.

soccer11
Admin

I told you guys, never count out Germany in a tournament. I said from the start, Australia is overrated and so far they haven't done much. Of course, that could change in the 2nd half though but as of now, they're looking vulnerable. They're playing so defensive too. Cahill was listed as a striker in the line up. That's not a team that is looking to win a game IMO.

Klose should wear a German jersey under his Bayern jersey. He always does well in a Germany shirt :)

2brown347
Veteran Member

I knew they'd get first in their group but I didn't think they'd go any further, but if they keep playing like this they'll go beat any team we've seen so far.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Debatable, and I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but are they really playing better than argentina? they've attacked a bit less and with less clarity they just finished better.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Germany are playing beautifully however you cut it, and it's a pleasure to watch. Can only get better from here.

I really think they need to work on defending corners, though. That half-assed zone sh*t isn't going to fly against anyone.

united10
Veteran Member

It's games like this that make me really wish Podolski could actually do something at club level. He's played brilliantly.

2brown347
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Debatable, and I'm gonna sound like a broken record, but are they really playing better than argentina? they've attacked a bit less and with less clarity they just finished better.
They're playing a lot better in my eyes. How good you're playing isn't based on how many shots you can take. Germany looks like scoring everytime they have the ball and look like they're gonna get the ball everytime Austrialia has it. They're organized, creative, and playing smart.

Agreed the zone is dumb, it's not hard to man-mark.

soccer11
Admin

Everytime Germany brings it down the wing, you have to hold your breath because they have a chance to score.

And Panchester, you're rooting for Argentina big time in this tournament aren't you? I thought so :P :lol:
Seriously though, I do think Germany are playing better than Argentina did up to this point. They don't have that individual like Messi who at any time can do something, but as a team, they seem capable of anything right now. Possession was like 60-40 at one point, and were doing things on the left, the right, down the middle. It was fun to watch.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Germany's off-the-ball runs are a nightmare. Not that I am complaining but they must have them properly executed to prevent being hit on a counter-attack.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

It can't get any worse for Australia. A two kneed tackle gets Cahill sent off :(

2brown347
Veteran Member

That was a harsh red, I think they'll try to appeal it and it really should be. It was a yellow due to Cahill being consistent, not a red.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

I think FIFA will have none of it because the referee awarded it to the correct person. If he flashed to the wrong person, then the red card will be overturned.

2brown347
Veteran Member

fir_nev wrote:I think FIFA will have none of it because the referee awarded it to the correct person. If he flashed to the wrong person, then the red card will be overturned.
That is a good point, harsh none the less.

and that was a class goal.