Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H »

Wow amazing....just amazing....
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 »

WE TOP THE GROUP!! YESS!!! I'm in amazement. Great game. More notes on the game after i come down from my emotional high
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

Lets hope Germany don't end up 2nd in their group (if thats possible)
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 »

I watched the last 30 minutes, I've got to say USA deserve this.

You had to wait till the last minute didn't you Donovan :P ?

What a great game, very intense, I'm high from watching them celebrate.

Can't wait to see the knockout rounds.

Holy sh*t that was intense.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

This was simply amazing! I screamed so loud when Landon scored. We were really unlucky not to score 2-3 goals but we got the one that matters the most!

I'm so happy right now. I don't think anything can bring me down. Not even the hacks at ESPN who are probably going to say we were lucky to score in stoppage time. No one there understands the stoppage time thing.
Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H »

2brown347 wrote:Lets hope Germany don't end up 2nd in their group (if thats possible)
No kidding, but i think Germany win their group with a win over Ghana.
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader »

Great last gasp goal by Donovan.

Does USA really top the group, though? By my calculations, England and USA both have five points, and both have a +1 GF/GA. And of course, they tied head to head. How do they determine who tops the group, and, most importantly, who gets the pleasure of playing Germany?
Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H »

Rome_Leader wrote:Great last gasp goal by Donovan.

Does USA really top the group, though? By my calculations, England and USA both have five points, and both have a +1 GF/GA. And of course, they tied head to head. How do they determine who tops the group, and, most importantly, who gets the pleasure of playing Germany?
Next tiebreaker is total goals scored. Head-to-head is not used at all, I don't think. So USA tops the group!
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Post by Rome_Leader »

Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. Well then, you must cheer for Germany today! :P
Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H »

Rome_Leader wrote:Ahh, thanks for clearing that up. Well then, you must cheer for Germany today! :P
Yess will be doing that. And maybe Australia will win, letting us face Australia or Ghana.
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

Is there a chance of the USA playing Ghana or not? Serbia play Australia which sadly for Australia should be easy for Serbia. I ask because I wouldn't mind a revenge match against Ghana :D
pzona

Post by pzona »

What. A. Finish.

I don't think I've ever been so nervous in my life, I was just thinking we would go out on 3 points, when we should have had 7, and that's when Donovan gets the winner. Great game all around from the USA, great defense, great goalkeeping (and by that I mean his distribution, amazing passing out of the box by Howard), great transitional play, and great attacking buildup. The finishing wasn't there for most of the game, but I'm just glad we got the one at the end.

Altidore was amazing up top, despite that wide open miss, Demerit was fu**ing brilliant, Dempsey was playing like we need him to, Feilhaber was basically running the midfield, Howard was putting his outlet passes exactly where they needed to be. I could go on with the list but my hands are literally shaking. Amazing performance all around, very well deserved win for the US.

I do feel bad for Slovenia, but hey, maybe next time around. They should have been in the same position as Algeria going into today, and from what I can tell (I had the US game on the whole time so I didn't get to watch them) they didn't really threaten England. I do look forward to watching Slovenia in the future though, as they proved that they have a very tough side and can be contenders at the World Cup level.

Pray for a German win today.
soccerjj

Post by soccerjj »

Yes cmon England.

Milner what a cross.

Do it for us Ghana show the germans whose boss.

Ghana 2 germany 1 Please!
arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Post by arsenalfc08 »

I thought Buddle and Benny did well. I wouldn't mind them starting the next match. As for Gomez I just don't think he's a starter. He prefers a sub role from what I can remember him saying.
klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 »

arsenalfc08 wrote:This was simply amazing! I screamed so loud when Landon scored. We were really unlucky not to score 2-3 goals but we got the one that matters the most!

I'm so happy right now. I don't think anything can bring me down. Not even the hacks at ESPN who are probably going to say we were lucky to score in stoppage time. No one there understands the stoppage time thing.
I wouldn't listen to ESPN. Whenever Ive been in American and watched it, im certain they know absolutely nothing about "soccer" and that i would embarse all of them.

To be honest, the goal was lucky, but you win some you lose some. Same way england fu**ed up against US.

I don't think its right to say US deserved it, and obviously everyone is going to be biased, i watched the highlights and Algeria had as good if not better chances than the US did and ultimately the only chance either team could take was one that included a lot of luck.

England game was intense, if England play as good as they played today, I think they will rip Germany apart, i just really wish Rooney was on form.