2010 FIFA WC: Group B

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

http://www.megavideo.com/?v=YL3L33CE

Enyeama, the keeper that made the astonishing blocks, confessed studying video after video of Messi. He thanked God for allowing him to be able to make those saves, and he said that without Him he wouldn't have been able to. He won the FIFA player of the match award, which apparently is a trophy?
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

2brown347
Veteran Member

I'd think the hours of studying had more to do with it then God, but I'll respect his belief. Either way if he has two more games like that he'll likely find himself at a good club with a good paycheck come this time next year.

To be honest there have been a few amazing feits of keeping so far. We goal lovers have been complaining a bit about the low scores but goalie fan who get their kicks from saves are probably having their dream world cup.

Pichichi

You'd be surprised how big faith plays a role in some players confidence. Studying was the base and faith put the performance into play

2brown347
Veteran Member

I'd agree with that but it's basically the same as confidence. When someone thinks they're being helped by the Lord all mighty they can play better then their norm because they believe in themselves. Same as if a player blocks a few shots, get into the strikers head and feels good about him/herself. You can call it faith but it's really just the player believing they can do it and not giving themselves the credit.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

Just another way of being humble, I guess. However you cut it, he did do some awesome keeping.

Evan
Veteran Member

Maybe even buthurt cause Higuian missed so many clear sitters.
Why don't you grow up and stop trying to use that against me? I already stated that Higuain played like sh*t, do you think my mentality is like "MAN HIGUAIN DID BAD, I'M MAD SO I'M GONNA GO TELL PANCHESTER THAT ARGENTINA'S DEFENSE SUCKS!" No, it doesn't work like that, Argentina's defense is shaky, Nigeria could have scored several, and if they were a better side, they would have. Also, how is saying "Imagine if Argentina had Zanetti, Cambiasso, and Riquelme" insulting to Argentina lol?
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:
Why don't you grow up and stop trying to use that against me? I already stated that Higuain played like sh*t, do you think my mentality is like "MAN HIGUAIN DID BAD, I'M MAD SO I'M GONNA GO TELL PANCHESTER THAT ARGENTINA'S DEFENSE SUCKS!" No, it doesn't work like that, Argentina's defense is shaky, Nigeria could have scored several, and if they were a better side, they would have. Also, how is saying "Imagine if Argentina had Zanetti, Cambiasso, and Riquelme" insulting to Argentina lol?
Just ignore it, pan supports the Argies and isn't gonna change his view. Everyone else agrees with you for a reason so just ignore post like that.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

2brown347 wrote:
Evan wrote:
Just ignore it, pan supports the Argies and isn't gonna change his view. Everyone else agrees with you for a reason so just ignore post like that.
Furthermore just calm down, pan has the right to repeat that opinion if he likes, its a debate... not court

And being more 'grown up' never makes you more correct

But I'm going to side with Evan all the same, Argentina seem to have a wobbly defense, like if Nigeria were a half decent attacking team they would have scored one or two at least

The keeper was un-beleivable all the same

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm not gonna get into defense, maybe so, maybe they where weaker, I honestly didn't see the more troubled than Netherlands vs Denmark or any other team with the exception of Germany, that where more solid alltogether.
Furthermore I keep hearing how if Argentina would have had a better attacking rival they would have received more goals. I don't think Nigeria is a bad at all rival, I've done a check up, and all their midfielders and strikers play in European Premier teams (top league of respective country). Some in England, some in Spain, some in Germany.

After looking at the ITV summary, I didn't see any moment in which the defense was wobbly. Nigeria did have around 3 dangerous plays, but I don't know a profesional team that doesn't have the capability of getting 3 passes together and taking a shot on goal :

http://www.footytube.com/video/Argentin ... eria-49355

Last, Evan i was complaining about the Zanetti issue, cause you've been saying it before its confirmed, while it was confirmed, and weeks later where its know obvious and annoying. You don't wanna insult me, and I don't think I said that, but it seems that by you repeating it over and over again, more specifically after something positive has been said about the Argentine's, that you mean to diminish or constantly criticize them.

Finally, I am of the firm belief, that you can't judge a national team by how a specific player played in a club, so by using that to say the defense is weak isn't fair. Also, "weak" depends on who you compare them to, if you compare them to the other favorites, then maybe so, but if you compare them to the other 26 teams that are playing, then probably not.

And in this world cup, which is all that counts, untill that defense gets a goal in my eyes and most people eyes its a good defense. Or maybe not good, but an effective one. So far so good.

We'll see how they stand vs South Korea and I'm sure a few opinions will get clarified, and people could more fairly and clearly determine how good they are. You say Nigeria is a small rival, we'll see against a bigger one how things go.
Last edited by panchester07 on 15 Jun 2010, 17:01, edited 1 time in total.

Pichichi

vamos al chat room panchester

Magicfeet

South Korea are an excellent side, lacking in star quality but making up for it with a fantastic team ethic and a willingness to battle. They'll be a tad lucky to get anything from Argentina, but they're a better side than Nigeria... I'd be disappointed if they didn't make it to the next round.

May I point out that I live in South Korea. The fans are amazing.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Magicfeet wrote:South Korea are an excellent side, lacking in star quality but making up for it with a fantastic team ethic and a willingness to battle. They'll be a tad lucky to get anything from Argentina, but they're a better side than Nigeria... I'd be disappointed if they didn't make it to the next round.

May I point out that I live in South Korea. The fans are amazing.
How long you been living in South Korea?

panchester07
Veteran Member

Vamos, vamosss Argentina ♥!!!!!

2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: 8) :shock: :D :P

soccer11
Admin

case in point of why Argentina's defense isn't good haha

good half by Argentina; Pretty much dominated. South Korea looked disorganized and that own goal really killed their spirit but this goal at the end should help them out. Hopefully we see a good second half.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Demichelis :( .. Are you kidding me, I don't make those mistakes anymore, and you do?