2010 FIFA WC: Group B

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
shahensha
Veteran Member

oh lord please rain goals tomorrow

Evan
Veteran Member

Argentina 17-16 Nigeria

I can see it now. Messi, HIguian, and Tevez will bang in the goals. Argentina's sh*t defense will let some in.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

mrbeankid22

I'm really excited to see what the Argies put forth tomorrow. The thought of what a complete Argentina guided by a class coach would have a been a sight to see. At least they will still have the full attacking force, but with the additions of Zanetti and Cambiasso's experience, they could have even been touted as favorites.

Demichelis on his game partnering sneaky will make it tough for most teams to break through the center. Mascherano should also able to help down the middle of the park, but I think Argentina is gonna be shaky defending attacks down the wings, especially if they play with 3 at the back. Considering none of there defenders are even natural wide defenders, and though they are all strong, they lack pace. I find it hard to see how Di Maria, as brilliant as he is, will be able to track opposition runs down the wing. Even if Argentina goes with 4 at the back and they drop Gutierrez to the outside back position, he is not a natural defender and he may be strained in his task to keep up with tricky wingers in the later stages of the competition.

Messi playing in a free role behind Tevez and Higuain will be more like his natural fit at Barca, a classic number 10 role, to which he can hopefully have a great tournament. I haven't been watching Veron lately, but he can sure pick a great long pass when he sees one, I guess thats one of the few perks he has over Cambiasso.

Anyways I'm really excited to for this one, and I hope Kun gets his chance to shine, I've really liked him since I first saw him play for Independiente, he deserves to show what he has on the world stage.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I'm watching Korea - Greece, and Park just scored a wonderful goal. A greek dude controlled the ball like hell, and Park dribbled straight with spped with it, 2 greek dudes slides to try and stop him, but he managed to beat them both. It really looked like he is a step above everybody, like he is a level higher in playing.
Last edited by panchester07 on 12 Jun 2010, 12:43, edited 1 time in total.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

korea are playing really good right now, if they keep playing how they are for the rest of the group stage, they can make the quarter finals.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Beankid, till where I know, Argentina will be playing with a line of 4 in the back, jonas, demichelis, samuel, and heize. Mascherano is basically a defender just that he's not. I see them pretty solid in the back.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

scottS4
Veteran Member

the only problem with having the world cup in south africa is games like korea-greece, where the countries are far away, are not going to be full capacity, since most of the locals can't afford a ticket.

mrbeankid22

Yeah Panchester, it looks like Jonas will be dropping in at the outside back position. He isn't a natural defender, so it will be interesting to see how he does today. I just think Nigeria could use their pace to get in behind Samuel/Demi/Heinze as they are not the fastest. Argentina need to be organized at the back to prevent the Nigerian attackers from finding space to get in behind.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

The less capacity the better. Hopefully the less noisemakers. :P

Korea have been playing great the whole game. Greece's corners and crossing have been piss-poor, although they're getting plenty of opportunities as of late to score, and been unlucky in some respects.

pzona

Not to take away from Korea's play, but Greece just played one of the worst matches I've ever seen. I honestly thought it was impossible to play a World Cup game with so little enthusiasm, hopefully they step up in their next two. On a more positive note, Korea really impressed me. I wasn't expecting much from them this time around, but they were head and shoulders above Greece from the kickoff and they deserved this win entirely. It's hard to say how they'll do in their next two matches, but I'll be keeping an eye on them for sure. I could see them taking points from Nigeria and finishing in second behind Argentina. And speaking of Argentina...

I think everyone sees a high scoring game coming up next. I would be surprised to see less than four goals from Argentina, and Nigeria will probably manage a couple themselves. Argentina is one of the three or four most talented teams in the tournament, and I'm really excited to watch them play. The dumbasses on ESPN are talking right now about how Nigeria should sit back and try to absorb the pressure from Argentina, but I don't see that working for more than five minutes. However, I think any goals Nigeria does score will be on counterattacks. I'm predicting 5-2.

mrbeankid22

Heinze puts in a brilliant header, although unmarked. Quick start from Argenttina, good to see.

pzona

I said Nigeria could hold them off for five minutes; Argentina scored after six. First decent prediction I've made so far :D

I'm not impressed with Nigeria's shooting at all though. They've yet to get anything even close to a goal, so that should be interesting to watch. Argentina may well keep a clean sheet if this keeps up.

Hugh
Veteran Member

First major dive from the Nigerian side much to my surprise

fawad000

Messi is really on song today.He would have scored a hat trick and a couple of assists too had it not been for Nigeria's goalie and his strike partner's poor finishing skills.

soccer11
Admin

Hugh wrote:First major dive from the Nigerian side much to my surprise
yea I'm still waiting for the Nigerian players to pick themselves up from the ground.

Of all the attacking players Argentina have, who would've thought it would be Heinze who scores the first goal :)
Pretty well played. Argentina had a few scoring chances that they couldn't put away. It could very easily be 3-0. Argentina's defense hasn't played horrible but then again, Nigeria hasn't done anything.

Greece vs. South Korea- I can't tell if South Korea was good or if Greece was just bad. I think Greece was just bad. They didn't get anything going until about the 75th minute. over hyped so far I say.