2010 FIFA WC: Group A

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Hugh
Veteran Member

Ribery is the scrambliest dribbler I have ever seen. Pretty sure the reason he's falling down all the time is because he's off balance from waving his arms all over the place while he dribbles.

micha
New User

That's the weird part. Especially with Ribery being 'one of the better dribblers in europe'.

Then again, i think that's because he's being smothered. Purposely.

Other than that, I think Gourcuff's got a pretty good shot, even if he seems over eager.

As for Uruguay, mostly passive, but seem interesting when Forlan drops back & they get that quick passing going.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Uruguay has to change something in order to win this.

If they keep playing this way then they'll have to sub out forlan in the 60th and suarez in the 70th just because they will be far too tired to go on.

It definitely shows that most of the uruguayan players have not been to a WC before

pzona

Gourcuff's inexperience is definitely showing. I would be very surprised if this one ends scoreless though, especially if France get free kicks in the 20-25m range. Uruguay will have to score early in the second half if they want all the points; Forlan and Suarez will have to play off of each other to score and I don't see both of them going the full 90 minutes.

panchester07
Veteran Member

They need to start risking more if they wanna win. It has nothing to do if the players have been to the wc or not, its that they are too shy and playing to conservative. They are playing "to-not-loose" instead of playing to win.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

shahensha
Veteran Member

goddamn, these vuvuzellas are starting to get on my nerves

panchester07
Veteran Member

is it just me or is everybody slipping?

TommyGun
Veteran Member

Diaby has really showed up today, which is a nice surprise. I'm not impressed with Anelka so far, he'll be the first sub barring a major injury I believe.

imagine that....Gallas might be hurt. it probably has a lot to do with karma.
Last edited by TommyGun on 11 Jun 2010, 19:45, edited 1 time in total.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:goddamn, these vuvuzellas are starting to get on my nerves
I was thinking that about 15 mins into that Mexico vs. SA game. Don't these people get tired?

TommyGun
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:is it just me or is everybody slipping?
yeah, most people on the Nike Elite's from what I see. I see a lot of them are wearing the FG soleplate too...which might have a little something to do with that. All I've heard is how nice the pitch is there, so who knows.

panchester07
Veteran Member

The french are faster and stronger than the uruguayans. They are gonna have to rely on control and technique if they wanna do any damage.

Forlan has the goal drawn between his eye balls. He is very dangerous.
Last edited by panchester07 on 11 Jun 2010, 19:51, edited 1 time in total.

fawad000

shahensha wrote:goddamn, these vuvuzellas are starting to get on my nerves
I second you.These vuvuzullus are very annoying and painful to hear.

It looks like this game is heading for a draw.Except for gourcuff,no one is coming close to the goal.

shahensha
Veteran Member

I know, its like phonic hell.

Gourcuff is a good passer from dead ball situations. He is confident in his shooting but his accuracy is very innacurate. He has some sort of urgency when the ball is in play, nothing at all like Zizou who had a calm style that said "Come my children, lets play. I shall demonstrate how its done..."

As for Suarez. He isnt creating space for himself like Forlan. Forlan is popping up all over the field, giving his teammates a passing oppurtunity. Suarez on the other hand just hovers around one area. If they dont link up well then Uruguay has no chance. Forlan is only lethal during quick breaks and counter attacks.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Yeah bought Gourcuff shot like crap. I don't know if that shot was gonna be a goal kick or a throw in if it hadn't been blocked[/list]

Henry is coming in, good news for Uruguay.

Typical domenech move, striker for striker, why not take out a midfielder and play with 2 strikers? Its not like Uruguay is constantly attacking

Forlan don't do that to me man, you're gonna cause me a stroke.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

haha...Forlan should have never had that much space. Abidal fell asleep on that one.

Finally, sit gourcuff down...looked like a blind man bowling out there.