John Obi Mikel Out

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I think perhaps some of them have been pushing too hard trying to make a statement before the WC, and that has led to some injuries, such as Ferdinand's in training. It wasn't his fault, but apparently Heskey cleated him in the knee. It definitely is a bit of a stretch to speculate, but perhaps Heskey was playing hard to ensure his position wouldn't be taken.

Some are just bad luck. Drogba is as strong as a horse. As much as some people think he's a bit of a whiner, it does take a lot to hurt him in any fashion. Getting his arm broken due to a retarded challenge by a Japanese player is just piss poor luck.

Finally, I don't think you hear about injuries to these no-name players because they are exactly that - no-name players. Who cares if even the best Algerian player in the world has a broken foot when we could be looking at guys like Ballack and Robben missing out? You don't hear about them when they are doing good, let alone battling injuries.

panchester07
Veteran Member

I HIGHLYYY doubt any player fakes an injury to not play in the world cup.

Just read that 3 times and hopefully you'll convince yourself of its ridiculousness..

"Key player, with chances of winning the world cup fakes injury to not play the world cup"

I've heard the contrary, Ruud Vanisterlooy in 2008 season for Real Madrid played like 4 games that season and injured himself, he didn't play the rest of the season, but was fully fit for netherlands in the European Finals 2008.

Kaka, is rumoured to have been playing half trottle and taking longer to recover from his injuries to be able to play with Brazil 100%.

Players look forward to playing with their national sides, and its purely optional, they could say NO at any moment, and specify whichever reason, they don't have to go as far as faking an injury or something.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

fawad000

I understand your opinion guys.I am not saying that everybody fakes injuries but some of them do.Unfortunately Imo,Mikel is one of them and he can't increase the chances of Nigeria winning the world cup.
panchester07 wrote: "Key player, with chances of winning the world cup fakes injury to not play the world cup"
Nigeria is NOT going to win a world cup in this century, let alone this world cup.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

It is likely with Mikel, though, they have a chance to make it into the Round of 16. Without him, maybe not. In the days of Jay-Jay Okocha, they were a decent team, and still are.

I agree, he is whiny, but I am a Chelsea fan, and let me tell you, he was legitimately injured all season. Whether or not he still is, I don't know, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of a doubt.