F**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k, f**k

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Post by ScottyBoy » 14 Feb 2010, 00:26

PS just to add. England will not win the World Cup.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Feb 2010, 00:41

England may or may not win the world cup, we have a hell of a lot more chance than Scotland though.

You don't think Ashley cole will be 100%?

You do know that injury estimations are worst case scenerio and when you factor in hes a quite young top athelete that even further reduces his recovery time. I wouldn't be suprised if he was back playing in time for world cup warm ups.

nick117
Veteran Member

Post by nick117 » 14 Feb 2010, 00:45

klc123 wrote:England may or may not win the world cup, we have a hell of a lot more chance than Scotland though.

You don't think Ashley cole will be 100%?

You do know that injury estimations are worst case scenerio and when you factor in hes a quite young top athelete that even further reduces his recovery time. I wouldn't be suprised if he was back playing in time for world cup warm ups.
While the papers could be wrong since you apparently hate them it's reported he's undergoing surgery for the ankle. I can see him playing but maybe just the last 15-30 by the time it starts.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Feb 2010, 01:06

I don't "hate" the newspapers, im not just so ignorant that i take everything they say litterally. 99% of newpapers is pure bollocks and if you don't know that your as stupid as they are.

We'll see who is correct nearer the time, but im confident he will be fine.

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 14 Feb 2010, 03:26

your as stupid as they are
I post like yours being quoted like this is what got me my one rating :roll:

To be honest klc I stated my opinion, it's my opinion so I really don't care if you throw all the worlds praise at England it's not going to change my opinion. I'm not saying anything crazy like "The USA is gonna win the world cup and beat england by 30 points", I'm saying that the lose of Terry as captain (Not his performace level, the fact he isn't in charge of the field), Rio as captain (I don't consider him a good captain personally, its my view, repeated MY view), and A. Cole being injured until a few weeks before the WC (who is better than any other LB you have IMO, despite what others opinions on him are) might be enough for the USA to win the group. Not saying it's definite, just possible, and if it did happen it could be enough as a confidence boost to beat Germany, Ghanna or Australia.

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Post by Kakasgotskillz » 14 Feb 2010, 05:53

panchester07 wrote:119 days till the World Cup, Ashley is out 90 days, and plus these professionals and his age recuperate sometimes much quicker than planned time... Even if he takes all 90 days, he'll be ready for the WC as in he'll have 19 days to get back in shape and in form.....
119 - 90 = 29 days... OWNED 8)

The LB and LW positions on the English team are irreplacable (the two Coles)... there are no players that can play the role to the level that those two players can do it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 14 Feb 2010, 11:33

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
panchester07 wrote:119 days till the World Cup, Ashley is out 90 days, and plus these professionals and his age recuperate sometimes much quicker than planned time... Even if he takes all 90 days, he'll be ready for the WC as in he'll have 19 days to get back in shape and in form.....
119 - 90 = 29 days... OWNED 8)

The LB and LW positions on the English team are irreplacable (the two Coles)... there are no players that can play the role to the level that those two players can do it.
Joe Cole has hardly kicked a ball for England in the last 18 months. At the minute, we don't really play with a traditional left midfield. Gerrard starts there but quite often Rooney likes to come wide which allows Gerrard to move infield. Its been very effective.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 14 Feb 2010, 13:49

I would actually expect England to come out of this stronger--regardless of the situations with Terry/Bridge and Cole. They're men, they can handle adversity. I've seen middle school boys rebound faster than you're expecting this team to. That being said, I still say USA has a fair shot v England :)

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Post by NewBornProdigy » 14 Feb 2010, 14:27

2brown347 wrote:

To be honest klc I stated my opinion, it's my opinion so I really don't care if you throw all the worlds praise at England it's not going to change my opinion. I'm not saying anything crazy like "The USA is gonna win the world cup and beat england by 30 points", I'm saying that the lose of Terry as captain (Not his performace level, the fact he isn't in charge of the field), Rio as captain (I don't consider him a good captain personally, its my view, repeated MY view), and A. Cole being injured until a few weeks before the WC (who is better than any other LB you have IMO, despite what others opinions on him are) might be enough for the USA to win the group. Not saying it's definite, just possible, and if it did happen it could be enough as a confidence boost to beat Germany, Ghanna or Australia.
I just looked at your one rating post and have absolutely no idea how you got a rating for that... just out of curiosity have you edited it?

Lets look at this logically, if the USA are depenedent on Englands small misfortunes to improve their odds of doing well... They are not going to stand much of a chance

Cashley is one player who is very replaceable... And chances are he will be all right for the World Cup

Terry is gonna be 'captain' anyway, he always is, the armband is merely an offical label, that was taken from him to get the media off his back... Rio probably knows just as well that he is gonna be listening to Terrys commands on the pitch

Media are mostly speculation, I dunno why you would trust them, and regardless of how right they are... England have the depth to replace almost any player on the pitch without significant difference to preformance

mufc21
Veteran Member

Post by mufc21 » 14 Feb 2010, 14:32

of course USA has a fair shot, they did before any of these England problems ever occured. USA beat a full strength Spain last year that beats England anyday soooooo USA could beat England and it will be a good match.
The fact is England doesn't have the quality in players to win the world cup but with a bit from the manager they have a small chance albeit a very small chance. My favourites are:

Brazil
Spain
Argentina

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Post by MUFC1994 » 14 Feb 2010, 14:47

NewBornProdigy wrote:
2brown347 wrote:

I just looked at your one rating post and have absolutely no idea how you got a rating for that... just out of curiosity have you edited it?
Mint was new..... :o
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Feb 2010, 15:48

Yeahh, i'll admit even though you were disagreeing with me that you were one of the few people who were debating with me instead of calling me a idiot and your also one of the few people on that topic who is actually intelligent.

Can someone not vote him a 5 on the same post to like bring it back up to par?

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 14 Feb 2010, 17:00

I don't really care, I was just pointing out how general statements can be taken wrong.

Anyway I wouldn't say the USA is dependent on England going to turmoil to have any WC success (Remember for the US quarterfinals would be WC success) but I'm saying that this could help us win the group. It's soccer so anything can happen anyday. But mental state can have a big effect on a team, and all this drama will have a effect of some capacity on the England squad. Like I said I don't think the USA is gonna win or anything, and I doubt we'll do better than England in the WC over-all, but I see winning the group a possibility.

No one would had bothered making this topic if A. Cole didn't matter to England.

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Post by Nat_H » 14 Feb 2010, 18:09

klc123 wrote:Yeahh, i'll admit even though you were disagreeing with me that you were one of the few people who were debating with me instead of calling me a idiot and your also one of the few people on that topic who is actually intelligent.

Can someone not vote him a 5 on the same post to like bring it back up to par?
Lets not complain, look at my one rated post. Current informal EF policy is if you have a problem with any of the mods, you come to me...and my anti-mod secret society will deal with your problem.

klc123
Veteran Member

Post by klc123 » 14 Feb 2010, 19:10

Rofl.

In terms of Joe Cole, who here thinks Ashley Young is a better player in that position? I think hes a much more versatile player to have because of his pace although his crossing and shooting can be questionable at times.