Mexico with international games before the WC.

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

Salutatations.. Just here to post my awe that the Mexican Federation arranged to set so many International Preparatory games before the World Cup... In my opinion, this turns them from a decent-good team, to an good-very good team, like final 8 team, because they will have much better chemistry, will be in much more rhythim and will play better which each other.. The mexicans are going to play atleast 12 international friendlies in Preparation to South Afirca from February 24th to Jun 3rd

Bolivia
February 24th in San Francisco @ Candlestick Park

New Zealand
March 3, in LA @ ?

Paraguay
March 17, in Guadalajara or Torreon @ ?

Japan
March 24, in Charlotte, NC @ ?

Ecuador
May 7th, in New York @ Giants Stadium

Chile
May 16, in Mexico DF @ Estadio Azteca

Netherlands
May 23, in Germany @ ?

England
May 27, in Liverpool @ Anfield Road

Italy
June 3, in Brussels @ ?

Last they got set up a friendly against a South African league team, in benefit for the Nelson Mandela foundation, which is also gonna boost their level to play against players that been playing all year together..They

They are trying to settle the commercial rights with a game against Portugal some time before the WC, in fact the federation president said "we are only missing a signature, for the game to be official".. In total theyre gonna play 12 games before the World Cup (2 in mexico, 6 in US, and 4 in Europe).. Against quality teams.. They say the first phase (the first 4 matches), is to define a team, and the last phase (atleast 8 games) is to get wonderful form, and to arrive to South Africa playing their best... So England, Italy, Netherlands and Portugal.. Any team will be in Excellent form after playing these super teams

Their plan is to go "from less to more" and to start slowly making those mistakes any team that doesnt play together makes, and then after the 12 friendlies to have an upper hand over most teams by having played together so much, trust me the advantage is bigg..

I like what I see, I think they arent the best nation for sure, but it will be a huge plus for them to this that they are doing.. Opinions?

Edit: I cant find an english source, if anyone finds one post it.. I can type in google "Please show me a result in English", and they will show me all spanish web pages for some reason :S
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

soccer11
Admin

This could either end up being genius for them or a disaster. We won't really know until the World Cup.
More games does equal more unity but it also means more room for injuries. It seems like at every world cup, there's some big injury that happens before. We'll see though, because they are playing some good teams, which then also brings up the question of moral because if they go into the world cup on a 4 game losing streak, moral might not be so high.

panchester07
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:This could either end up being genius for them or a disaster. We won't really know until the World Cup.
More games does equal more unity but it also means more room for injuries. It seems like at every world cup, there's some big injury that happens before. We'll see though, because they are playing some good teams, which then also brings up the question of moral because if they go into the world cup on a 4 game losing streak, moral might not be so high.
Yeah, thats true... The media are all positive and optimistic and are forgetting about the injury part, that will most likely happen, every game theres injured players, like everyseason most players get injured, and in these high intensity games, most likely some one will suffer an injury :S. hope not, but prolly will happen.. its part of the game already, thats why diving is so credible, cause players do get injured often..

Secondly, I agree that it would suck to loose the last four .. England, Italy netherlands, portugal, but that would be in a worse case scenario.. Realistically, mexico is a good national team, and can play well against these teams, Specially Italy and Portugal.. I think theyll win 1-2 tie 1 and loose 1.. theyll do good, theyll be in better form

ratherton
Veteran Member

There is no way Mexico will play England, especially not in Liverpool. . 12 games between now and the tournament seems way too many.

That article looks like a lazy piece of journalism to me.

panchester07
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:There is no way Mexico will play England, especially not in Liverpool. . 12 games between now and the tournament seems way too many.

Well its not a single source, its plenty of sources including TV channels like ESPN, and Fox Sports, and plenty of News Paper articles.. Sadly I cant find any source in English..

I als heard the FMF (mexican football federation) say that he has planned the 12 games, he said it on a speach.. Thats just to point out to you that its not a crazy journalist making things up...

it

ratherton
Veteran Member

Chances are ESPN etc are all quoting the same source and its the original source which I can't take seriously.

England will play any home game at Wembley and apparently, by the 27th May, they will be at a training camp in the Austrian Alps to prepare for playing at altitude so that fixture definitely isn't going to happen.

I also think 12 matches between now and the end of May is ridiculous. Thats 3 international matches a month !!!

panchester07
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:Chances are ESPN etc are all quoting the same source and its the original source which I can't take seriously.

England will play any home game at Wembley and apparently, by the 27th May, they will be at a training camp in the Austrian Alps to prepare for playing at altitude so that fixture definitely isn't going to happen.

I also think 12 matches between now and the end of May is ridiculous. Thats 3 international matches a month !!!
To be honest I did find it a little misterious that it wasnt gonna be in Wembley..

Well about the 12 matches thing I heard the director of the FMF say so, but their not gonna be all fifa international dates (of course), so a couple of them are just gonna be with local players..

And well, will see what happens ..

chicagofirefan
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:Bolivia
February 24th in San Francisco @ Candlestick Park

New Zealand
March 3, in LA @ ?

Paraguay
March 17, in Guadalajara or Torreon @ ?

Japan
March 24, in Charlotte, NC @ ?

Ecuador
May 7th, in New York @ Giants Stadium

Chile
May 16, in Mexico DF @ Estadio Azteca

Netherlands
May 23, in Germany @ ?

England
May 27, in Liverpool @ Anfield Road

Italy
June 3, in Brussels @ ?
Just tryin to help you out here, but some of those Matches are wrong.

Here are 6 Reliable Matches that Mexico will be playing, which are going to be part of their "US Tour"

February 24
Bolivia @ San Francisco, CA

March 3
New Zealand @ Los Angeles, CA

March 24
Iceland @ Charlotte, NC

May 7
Ecuador @ New York, NY

May 10
Senegal @ Chicago, IL

May 13
TBD @ Houston, TX

Source: http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp ... &fext=.jsp

panchester07
Veteran Member

Add Italy to that, on June 03, im getting all my info from ESPN, maybe they are fu**ed up though, but they just CONFIRMED it a minute ago.

ratherton
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:There is no way Mexico will play England, especially not in Liverpool. . 12 games between now and the tournament seems way too many.

Oops

England v Mexico confirmed at Wembley on 24th May (Its a holiday in the UK)

panchester07
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:

Oops

England v Mexico confirmed at Wembley on 24th May (Its a holiday in the UK)
Hahaa... ;)..... Go England.. I hope Mexico gets rappedd in all their friendlies, in all their games in the world cup, and in all the matches they have in the future, god damn arrogant taco smelling mofo's!!!!!!

More seriously though..

Javier Aguirre (mexican coach) said "I am surprised by Uruguay coming back and beating switzerland 3-1" (when they had their friendly on March 3rd..... he continued talking bulls**t and ended up the conference by saying "Mexico will win all 3 matches in the group stage" ...

Whats wrong with that? ... What isn't wrong with that.. 1st Mexico wishes they had the players, level, history, and tradition Uruguay has... Mexico shouldn't be surprised with how Uruguay is playing, they should be figuring ways out to how they are gonna reach their level... Uruguay has two of the top 10 strikers of Europe, 85% of their players playing in Europe in Spain, Netherlands, Italy, France, Portugal... I mean come on, two world cups, what is mexico next to that?

Next, "We are gonna win all 3 matches in the group stage" Yeah right, did you eat to many jalapeños?? You are gonna beat France, that is always huge, South Africa that is at home and has the biggest advantage, and Uruguay that has the vast majorities of their players in Europe, while Mexico is away, filled with local league players, and lacks the history of the French and South Americans?? Gimme a break..

I can't wait to see them fail

Ronaldao
Sophomore Member

your a dumb ass pachester Javier Aguirre is just manipulating the media, just a little while ago he mentioned that he didn't think we would get past 10th to 15th place in the world cup and he got hammered for it.He mentioned the state of the country and again was forced to apologize for his comments. I think the mexican media sometimes is very biased towards its country, but whose country isn't?

What has Uruguay done since like 1950 in the world cup? In 2002, the last time they qualified, they were eliminated in the first round. Mexico has at least consistently gotten out of the group stage. In the last couple of meetings Mexico has the better record

And what does playing in Europe have to do with anything? Compare the Mexican league to the Uruguayan league and tell me who has the better league. Not many mexicans play in europe because a)they get paid more to stay in Mexico and b) they are overpriced by the own mexican teams so they never have the chance. 75% chance that Mexico gets past the group stage.