South Africa 2010 Groups..

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
bsc
Veteran Member

Oh man this world cup is feeling close.

I'm literally fidgeting with excitement!

Let's gooooo.

The USA v England game is going to be so fun. I hope anyway.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

panchester07
Veteran Member

Ufff and since its off season I plan on drinking quitee the beerss for that and other games..... !! :D Can't wait!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Evan
Veteran Member

Yeh? And what will you be drinking my good man?
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

oscarjackson

LiveTheDream wrote:Anybody see the NZ Aussie game yesterday? I watched the second half - we were robbed of a draw!!! :cry: But NZ played well - surprise package of the WC anybody? :wink:
i was at the game, i love football how things like that happen, bad luck to nz though they played well and for most of the first half were the better team by far

panchester07
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:Yeh? And what will you be drinking my good man?
Oh boy, what wont I be drinking is a better question.. Jk, my heavy days are over, for these games its definetly beer after beer and only beer for me, no rum, vodka or other liqour. Beer IS the drink to watch games period.

Season ended 2 weeks ago and I was really strict with not letting myself drink, so when it ended I found myself much more lightweight than before.

It was my idea to go to this "Steinbuck" place, which is a german place here in panama where they serve german food, and they have all kinds of european beers. I became more picky than just the average panamanian beer of 4.0% alcohol, of simple-good taste, I wanted more hehe.

So in steinbuck I started trying these heavy germans beers served in a pitcher like in germany, or by the pint if you like (cheaper) .. Just 3 of these beers and I was laughing and quite drunk with my friends, whats better is that the taste is exellente. I had a Leffe (7.0%), 2 of the strongest Paulaner's(7.9%), and a Webbier (6.3%). These beers are bigger in quantity than your regular pint, and stronger in alcohol content, and much better in taste, its what I'm digging right now to watch football games, and most Panamanian bar's have these beers so thats what I'm gonna be drinking. I'll keep tasting these beers to expand my horizons and determine which one's best, so far I've liked them all, way way way better than your american (continent) beer. You can taste the quality in every drop, and you can tell these people have been making beer for ages, not like some shyte beers that taste like water and mashed potatoes.

I plan on having a few, and start yelling all over the bar and just having a blast. (I would without beer, but I gotta admit, it adds to the fun). Also some games I'll be watching at home, and I guess then I'll just buy cheaper beers so I don't get tired of the same taste thoughh I don't see me getting tired of it, and theres so many.

If you haven't tried them, definetly give a try, few things are better than a pitcher of cold, heaven tasting, heavy, european beer. For the Euro 2012, I'd like to be in Europe drinking these beers and living that lifestyle of a football fan thats so appealing :)

I might even do something crazy and watch England games in Londoner's an English bar here, and drink English stuff, Spanish games in spanish venues, and so on hehe.. I plan on making this world cup a different one for me.

Whats your favorite drink to watch games with?

Evan
Veteran Member

Well normally since most games are on in the morning here, I generally don't drink.

But my favorite things to drink are beer, and vodka + juice, rum+coke, crown+dr. pepper.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

panchester07
Veteran Member

What times are the games gonna be on for you? I think I get one at 6.30 am, the other 11.30 am and the last one at 1.30 pm....

shahensha
Veteran Member

I dont drink, I just toke and will thus watch the world cup in H.D. :wink: :lol:

Argentina's game against Canada was interesting. Even though us canucks arent really a high profile football nation, our drubbing without Messi has to be a morale booster for the blue&whites. The wings look promising with Maxi and especially Di Maria. This fool scored the most arrogant goal I have ever seen, dribbles across and nonchalantly finishes with the outside foot from outside the box. Amazing. Maxi added a couple too.

Macherano was playing defence which he held down well but i didnt expect him to be that far back.

Scoring goals will be the key for the team considering the talented finishers they have. Tevez got a goal, Aguero scored an awesome solo goal within 2 minutes of entering the field. Higuain played well but the finishing touch wasnt there for him yesterday. Messi was just chilling on the bench giving high fives to maradona everytime a goal was scored and Milito just sat there looking like a crack addict version of stallone.

panchester07
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:I dont drink, I just toke and will thus watch the world cup in H.D. :wink: :lol:
Do you? What are the differences between watching it high and watching it normally non high?

ratherton
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:I dont drink, I just toke and will thus watch the world cup in H.D. :wink: :lol:

Argentina's game against Canada was interesting. Even though us canucks arent really a high profile football nation, our drubbing without Messi has to be a morale booster for the blue&whites. The wings look promising with Maxi and especially Di Maria. This fool scored the most arrogant goal I have ever seen, dribbles across and nonchalantly finishes with the outside foot from outside the box. Amazing. Maxi added a couple too.

Macherano was playing defence which he held down well but i didnt expect him to be that far back.

Scoring goals will be the key for the team considering the talented finishers they have. Tevez got a goal, Aguero scored an awesome solo goal within 2 minutes of entering the field. Higuain played well but the finishing touch wasnt there for him yesterday. Messi was just chilling on the bench giving high fives to maradona everytime a goal was scored and Milito just sat there looking like a crack addict version of stallone.
But Canada are the international equivalent of Grimsby.

I've got a season ticket at Ipswich and if Jamie Peters is international class, the only thing that is stopping me playing international football is the lack of a Canadian passport.

Rome_Leader
The Italian Mod

I'll hook you up with one, pending the deliverance of a couple sexual favours and a pound of your finest snow crab.

TommyGun
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:

But Canada are the international equivalent of Grimsby.

I've got a season ticket at Ipswich and if Jamie Peters is international class, the only thing that is stopping me playing international football is the lack of a Canadian passport.
haha...I wouldn't put too much stock into either performance yesterday. Canada didn't even qualify for the WC, couldn't even practice on the pitch pregame, had quite a bit of issues getting the squad together with travel arrangements, plus...having numerous injuries to contend with. I'm not really making excuses for Canada, because they aren't a very good team...especially against a team like Argentina. It looked like Barcelona vs. Hull City yesterday...fast and flowing vs. physical and straight forward. Argentina is well-equipped offensively, but that match was played in Canada's for the majority of the time. It'll be interesting to see how the match up defensively against teams that have better quality strikers and attacking midfielders. As shown yesterday, I think they'll have no problem putting the ball in the net....keeping it out might be the biggest question.

Anymi
Veteran Member

oscarjackson wrote:
LiveTheDream wrote:Anybody see the NZ Aussie game yesterday? I watched the second half - we were robbed of a draw!!! :cry: But NZ played well - surprise package of the WC anybody? :wink:
i was at the game, i love football how things like that happen, bad luck to nz though they played well and for most of the first half were the better team by far
Mate no offense that was a woeful game. Absolute rubbish. My Dads from England so Ive always really supported England in the football. The actaul Australian football Federation is a joke. I loved watching them at Germany and I really like alot of our players, but some things we do are fliiping crazy. Did you know they cut Scott Mcdonald?

Even with Scott Mcdonald our pre squad of 30 had 3 strikers and 4 goalkeepers, we now have 2 strikers, one being a make shiftone in Rukivytsa or however you spell it.

I hope Australia do actually do something in the WC. I dont want to see Aus vs England either.

But Id unfortunately have to say im a Three Lions booy

oscarjackson

yeah i agree with you there, the game was messy. i spose thats what you get with 2 not-so-great teams...
i really doubt we need 4 keepers. and i cant understand why verbeek would cut mcdonald, just because he cant play solo up front. it just makes us have no versatility when it comes to different formations.
and i agree with u about the english team, even though ive got no connection. i think they'l go far this year, hopefully somehow not at the expense of aus though haha

shahensha
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:
Do you? What are the differences between watching it high and watching it normally non high?
Well, lets put it this way. When both teams go all out attack then I think "oh my goodness, so much has happened, this game is crazy" but then look at the clock and see that it has only been 10 minutes

however, when one team does the attacking and the other just chills and defends then its really hard to stay focused and I find that my mind drifts to other thoughts like hiring a legion of hobos.

If I see an awesome goal, the reaction is as if someone stretched my temples for a bit and then my jaw drops and I say a high pitched daaaaaaamn or whaaaaaat

If I see an awesome dribble, nut-meg or ankle break I crack up really hard.