South Africa 2010 Groups..

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 23 Mar 2010, 00:32

Just 80 days away lad. I have fu**in school during the WC, i still plan on watching 75-80% of the games.
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

LiveTheDream
Veteran Member

Post by LiveTheDream » 27 Mar 2010, 08:51

My mysky is going to be going into overdrive this WC... I'm recording every game, watching the England and NZ games (and utilising the live rewind button for every goal!) and finishing the month extremely sleep-deprived :P
Don't wish things were easier...

... Wish you were better

Focus on the journey, and the result will take care of itself

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 27 Mar 2010, 16:28

[quote="LiveTheDream"]My mysky is going to be going into overdrive this WC... I'm recording every game, watching the England and NZ games (and utilising the live rewind button for every goal!) and finishing the month extremely sleep-deprived :P[/quote

Now thats the attitude I'm looking for.. I don't know how the heck I'm going to do it, but me too, I'll be sleeping in class, with the same cloth than the day before if needed, with a hang over, gain my few pounds that month, which is sacred for me.

Off Topic: I'm rooting for every team in America except Mexico, and the USA haha :D

If the two have to play each other, of course I wish the USA will slap the sh*t out of Mexico, which is the country and national team I hate the most.

Also, I'm starting to like England a lot, but they are not my favorite..

If I had to choose a favorite, it would probably be Argentina. Messi, Higuain, Tevez, Milito, Kun.. But not only the players, the culture, the songs, the dance, the TV shows, the countdowns, and the passions they live football with makes me like them a lot...

To be honest though, I also like Brazil, I was in Nike store yesterday and saw a tight ass Brazil T-shirt, that said, "En busca pela sexta estrella" which means in search of the 6th star... I like Brazil for similar reasons to those that I like Argentina.. Who has better talents?

Uruguay, Paraguay, Chile, are very strong as well, and I dare to say they can beat many European teams...

Its gonna be a fun tournament thats for sure.

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 27 Mar 2010, 21:21

Although Argentinians and Brazillians have equal level of skill set, the samba boys are more atheletic than the albiceleste, which is why they win majority of encounters....lol that has got to be one of the most subtlest of hints.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 27 Mar 2010, 22:32

shahensha wrote:Although Argentinians and Brazillians have equal level of skill set, the samba boys are more atheletic than the albiceleste, which is why they win majority of encounters....lol that has got to be one of the most subtlest of hints.
I've never looked at it that way, but that could be the truth..

Do you think it has that much impact in that level? Meaning, an Argentine playing for Real Madrid, and a Brazilian playing for Inter Milan, is there THAT much difference in athleticism? They both are world class professionals, that go through the best intense physical training to be able to basically sprint for 90 minutes (figure of speach), do you think they'll be that much difference between the two?

The truth is, that Argentinians are all white, and smaller in size, and Brazilians tend to be larger and more coloured.

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Post by fr33k1ck » 28 Mar 2010, 04:04

panchester07 wrote:
shahensha wrote:Although Argentinians and Brazillians have equal level of skill set, the samba boys are more atheletic than the albiceleste, which is why they win majority of encounters....lol that has got to be one of the most subtlest of hints.

Do you think it has that much impact in that level? Meaning, an Argentine playing for Real Madrid, and a Brazilian playing for Inter Milan, is there THAT much difference in athleticism? They both are world class professionals, that go through the best intense physical training to be able to basically sprint for 90 minutes (figure of speach), do you think they'll be that much difference between the two?

The truth is, that Argentinians are all white, and smaller in size, and Brazilians tend to be larger and more coloured.
More colored? How about "more African admixture". However, the Argentinians are also mixed: Italian, Spanish, native, etc. So both countries are genetically diverse.
Chelsea>Your team

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 28 Mar 2010, 22:07

fr33k1ck wrote:
panchester07 wrote:

More colored? How about "more African admixture". However, the Argentinians are also mixed: Italian, Spanish, native, etc. So both countries are genetically diverse.
Suite yourself bro, the entire world isn't racist, and I'm sure everybody understood what I meant, but if you wanna be specific, and point out the obvious then fine-

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 28 Mar 2010, 23:07

panchester07 wrote:

Its not the same if you pick two people. I am sure Tevez can beat the crap out of robinho. I am speaking of the differences in gene expression over a population. If you compare the population of Brazillian and argentinian soccer players, then you will find that brazillians tend to overpower the argies.

EDIT: Ofcourse it is a bit difficult to imagine in football (considering tecnnique > atheleticism). However, sports like american football and basketball usually favour the faster and the stronger. These sports are absolutely dominated by negroids more so than caucasians. If you ask the same question to a north american, he will prolly jokingly come to the same conclusion as I did.

peaked_n_blue
New User

Post by peaked_n_blue » 29 Mar 2010, 01:44

Brasil will win cause they have the Samba Magic.

jthursto

Post by jthursto » 29 Mar 2010, 15:08

Here are my thoughts:

Group A
South Africa
Mexico
(France-- maybe if they cheat again)

Group B
Argentina
Nigeria

Group C
England
USA

Group D
Germany
Australia

Group E
Netherlands
Japan

Group F
Italy
Paraguay

Group G
Brazil
Ivory Coast

Group H
Spain
Switzerland

Should be a good cup
Unknown Author of Sig but amazing nonetheless

ThomasG
New User

Post by ThomasG » 29 Apr 2010, 18:31

I just can't wait for the tournament to start. Maybe this year, I might place a bet on the soccer world cup this year. Didn't do any in 2006 because I lost quite some money in 2002. Damn you, France.

fawad000

Post by fawad000 » 29 Apr 2010, 21:17

I guess these team would qualify from their respective groups.

Group A
Mexico
France

Group B
Argentina
Greece

Group C
England
USA

Group D
Germany
Serbia

Group E
Netherlands
Denmark

Group F
Italy
Paraguay

Group G
Brazil
Portugal

Group H
Spain
Chile

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 30 Apr 2010, 04:00

Group A
Uruguay A3
France A4

Group B
Argentina B1
Greece B4

Group C
England C1
USA C2

Group D
Germany D1
Ghanna D4

Group E
Netherlands E1
Denmark E2

Group F
Paraguay F2
Italy F1

Group G
Brazil G1
Ivory Coast G3

Group H
Spain H1
Chile H4

though I prolly missed quiet a bit.

Hugh
Veteran Member

Re: South Africa 2010 Groups..

Post by Hugh » 30 Apr 2010, 04:25

Group A
Uruguay A3
France A4

Group B
Argentina B1
Nigeria B3

Group C
England C1
USA C2

Group D
Germany D1
Australia D2

Group E
Netherlands E1
Denmark E2

Group F
Italy F1
Paraguay F2

Group G
Brazil G1
Portugal G4

Group H
Spain H1
Honduras H3

These are my picks. The ones I'm not sure about are Australia (Could be Ghana, I just picked the Aussies because I like them better) and I have no idea between Honduras and Chile so I just went with the one that I've seen more highlights of.

England will win, obviously.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 08 May 2010, 06:06

Uruguay is gonna be dangerous in group A, which I think is the deadliest of the groups...

They have two of the best strikers in the moment..

Forlan was Pichichi last season, for the second time in his career, and adds up 23 goals this season, 1 of them recently that eliminated giants Liverpool out of the Uefa league.. Everybody knows Forlan and his goal scoring potential..

But the best striker statistically in Europe right now isn't Messi, Ronaldo, Rooney, or Higuian... Uruguayan Luis Suarez, has 35 goals in 34 games this season for Ajax in the league, and 47 goals in 46 games in all competitions this sason... Ridiculously stupid stats, the best i've seen to be honest!

Hopefully experience and quality of Forlan, and the youth and hunger of Luis Suarez can combine to not only make it through in the group, but to score 3-4 goals on the Mexicans :)

Watch out for this deadly combo.