South Africa 2010 Groups..

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

South Africa 2010 Groups..

Post by panchester07 » 04 Dec 2009, 08:17

The groups will be set tomorrow, in a Ceremony that will be presented by the beautiful South African actress.. Charlize Theron... Or so I think..
12 pm Eastern Time.. 9 am Pacific time.. 11 Mexico.. 2.00 pm argentina..
Here I got like 10 channels that are broadcasting it so I think you can find it in any channel whereever your from...

Most teams have already sent their delegates to Cape Town.. Its a big ceremony and you can say the World Cup is officially starting once the draw has been drawn..

Then come the little calendars, and the photo albums, then the people in the streets start selling fake T-Shirts, And Wristbands supporting each team.. And next thing you know the party started..

So let us wait, and find out, what the groups are going to be like... :)

The draws have been organized so every group will kind of have 2 european tams, 1 American, and 1 African/asian..

They say that some ballots are cold, and some are hot, and that way they (cheat) make sure that Brazil, has an easy group and South Africa is favored and all these things...

Also in 1990, the drawer had a magnetic ring, and the weakest teams had a negative magnet in them, so they would draw the weakest some times...

I posted the seedings before and there was a great confusion.. Dont know iif I should post them again...

The Draw is about to Start...... 4 minutes away..

Also .. the seedings where organized in a way to prevent a SPAIN - BRAZIL - Netherlands - Germany in the same group..

The group of death will have France/Portugal in it.. Thats my predicciotn..

Few fun facts..

Slovakia is the only team that is in a World Cup for the first time (debut)

Slovenia is the first team to come back in a Play-off (Elmiinated Russia)

Slovenia is the Country with less population playing 2 million

Nigeria, has 146 million habitants...

David Bechkams Grand Father just died, when becks was in South Africa, he was choosing to travel to London or not, but he Stayed in South Africa to promote England 2018

DRAW ////////////////@@@@@

Group A
South Africa A1
Mexico A2
Uruguay A3
France A4

Group B
Argentina B1
South Korea B2
Nigeria B3
Greece B4

Group C
England C1
USA C2
Algeria C3
Slovenia C4

Group D
Germany D1
Australia D2
Serbia D3 -- (first wourld cup as serbia)
Ghanna D4

Group E
Netherlands E1
Denmark E2
Japan E3
Cameroon E4

Group F
Italy F1
Paraguay F2
New Zealand F3
Slovakia F4

Group G
Brazil G1
North Korea G2
Ivory Coast G3
Portugal G4

Group H
Spain H1
Switzerland H2
Honduras H3
Chile H4

Babies- The world Cup is here!
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Post by Wanderer » 04 Dec 2009, 18:43

England's gonna be a tough opponent but am confident we(Aus) can beat them. Also Spain vs Portugal/Ivory Coast should be interesting.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Dec 2009, 19:21

Brasil - Ivory Coast - North korea - Portugal for me is definetly the group with more dinamite in it..

Brasil - We all know they are probably # 1 favorite..
Portugal - Ronaldo, Meirels, Simao great football..
Ivory Coast - The Toures, Keita Drogba might surprise even Portugal.
North Korea - Who?

Mexico has a tuff One
South Africa has a huge advantage over everyteam for being at home..
Mexico - Always good, but complicated..
Uruguay - Forlan, Suarez, and a great Manager..
France - Great Players, also very good in handball

Fun Fact: The hosts have ALWAYS made it through the groupstage in all world cups
Fun Fact: Argentina is the only team to ever win a World Cup that wasnt head of group in the group stages they did so in 1986
Fun Fact: Brazil is the only team to repeat championships. 1958 and 1962.

According to one of the best betting companies.. The Top 10 favorites are:
10..Ivory Coast..
9..Portugal..
8..France..
7..Netherlands..
6..Italy..
5..Germany..
4..Argentina..
3..England..
2..Brasil..
1..Spain..

Thats only according to a house of bet, and I think thats a little off. But thats how they are setting it up/.

Xander427
Sophomore Member

Post by Xander427 » 04 Dec 2009, 20:07

My favorites for the world cup: brazil, ivory coast,Spain,netherlands. Group g.... Jesus Christ. Portugal will not finish second... They will either top the group or crash out, and yes brazil is in that group, but Portugal could potentially be "that" team that struggles to qualify and then destroys everyone. Group d is also very competitive, I really like Ghana. I doubt we will get the dream final of Spain vs brazil though.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Dec 2009, 20:29

Fun Fact: Argentina is the team that most players used in the whole qualifiers.. Around 80 different players.. Stupid Maradona..
Fun Fact: Netherlands, the first team to qualify, curiously was the team that use the least quantity of players in the whole qualifiers.. 25 players..

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Dec 2009, 20:30

Xander427 wrote:My favorites for the world cup: brazil, ivory coast,Spain,netherlands. Group g.... Jesus Christ. Portugal will not finish second... They will either top the group or crash out, and yes brazil is in that group, but Portugal could potentially be "that" team that struggles to qualify and then destroys everyone. Group d is also very competitive, I really like Ghana. I doubt we will get the dream final of Spain vs brazil though.
Theres no way portugal is "destroying" .. Im not an astrologist but an expected result is Portugal tying Ivory Coast.. Loosing to Brazil, and Beating North Korea.. I see them 2nd or 3rd.. Never 4th or never 1st like you said..

The World Cup being in Africa Ivory Coast is almost going to have that home advantage.. With their speed and strength and a great mayority of their players playing in Europe.. And not little teams, big teams like Chelsea, Barcelona, Manchester City, and not only playing there, but being these teams stars, I see Ivory Coast stronger than portugall...

Last time Brazil played portugal, they scored 6 goals on them not 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 which is hard, or 5 which is amazing, but 6.. And it was a year ago...

Also, there is a huge Rivalry between these two.. The two portuguesse speaking powers hate each other when it comes to football. 1966 it was precisly against portugal, that brazil lost their star pele for he was sliced..

And for the last part.. We will get that final if both are first in their groups..
If Brazil is first in there group (very likely) . And Spain is first in their group (90% sure). Then they will meet in the final IF they both make it.. But it all adds up to have that final.. Just a coincidence??? Who knows..

Fun Fact: Netherlands and Spain.. Both with perfect qualification phases, have never one the world cup..
Last edited by panchester07 on 04 Dec 2009, 20:54, edited 1 time in total.

Xander427
Sophomore Member

Post by Xander427 » 04 Dec 2009, 20:39

when I said destroying, I meant beating. Expected results?? France, world cup holders in 2002, were "expected" to beat Senegal, but that's not how it turned out is it. This is the world cup man, anything can happen. Anything...

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Dec 2009, 20:57

Xander427 wrote:when I said destroying, I meant beating. Expected results?? France, world cup holders in 2002, were "expected" to beat Senegal, but that's not how it turned out is it. This is the world cup man, anything can happen. Anything...
Tell me about it.. Portugal is gonna be the next France 2002. Brazil can play good or bad and still win.. They come from scoring 6 goals on Portugal.. Portugal struggled to qualify, and depended on a series of results that magically resulted for them, cause Sweeden had to loose, Denmark to win, and they had to win.. I mean their not that strong portugal anymore.. And Ivory Coast, is just so strong.. Portugal is not making it through.. And definetly not going to win this group, this I can promise you

here you go so you can take a look and say anything can happen. Brazil 6 - Portugal 2.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSmbR56Wq60

Xander427
Sophomore Member

Post by Xander427 » 04 Dec 2009, 21:23

Yeah, portugal is not good, specially with queiroz. Whoever finishes second in group g is almost guaranteed to play Spain. So you go from playing in the group of death to playing the European champions. France got a favorable draw, as if they couldn't get any luckier...

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Dec 2009, 21:34

Xander427 wrote:Yeah, portugal is not good, specially with queiroz. Whoever finishes second in group g is almost guaranteed to play Spain. So you go from playing in the group of death to playing the European champions. France got a favorable draw, as if they couldn't get any luckier...
Hahaha well not so much, Uruguay is pretty good, Mexico is better than uruguay and South Africa are hosts that means theyll always play with that 12th men... Its quite complicated though the french will prolly go through

copps75

Post by copps75 » 04 Dec 2009, 21:47

Fun Fact: Brazil is the only team to repeat championships. 1958 and 1962
Actually Italy repeated in 1934 and 1938

Italy got a very good draw!
Berlin Here We Come

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 04 Dec 2009, 21:51

Which group would you guys consider the Group of Death? ESPN named Group G the group of death with Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, and Portugal. It should be an interesting group. I hope Ivory Coast can make it out of the group this time. They got the shaft last World Cup and ended up in the Group of Death.

panchester07
Veteran Member

Post by panchester07 » 04 Dec 2009, 22:03

copps75 wrote:
Fun Fact: Brazil is the only team to repeat championships. 1958 and 1962
Actually Italy repeated in 1934 and 1938

Italy got a very good draw!
good Call , my bad I dont know how I let that slip..
Which group would you guys consider the Group of Death? ESPN named Group G the group of death with Brazil, North Korea, Ivory Coast, and Portugal. It should be an interesting group. I hope Ivory Coast can make it out of the group this time. They got the shaft last World Cup and ended up in the Group of Death.
I agree with Espn, definetly the Group of death in my opinion..I think a little something like this will happen..

Brasil - North Korea 4-0 .. 3 points for brazil
Ivory Coast - Portugal 2-2 1 points for each
Brasil - Ivory Coast 3-1.. 3 points for Brasil
Portugal - North Korea 2-0. 3 points for Portugal
Brasil - Portugal 2-1 ... 3 Points for Brasil
Ivory Coast - North Korea 4-0 Ivory Coast..

1) Brasil ....................9 points
2) Ivory Coast............4 points passes for goal differential
3) Portugal.................4 points
4) North Korea ..........0 ponits..

T

2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 » 04 Dec 2009, 23:00

My Predictions (not in order):

Group A
South Africa
Mexico

Group B
Argentina
Greece

Group C
England
USA

Group D
Germany
Ghanna

Group E
Netherlands
Denmark

Group F
Italy
Paraguay

Group G
Brazil
Ivory Coast

Group H
Spain H1
Switzerland H2

shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha » 05 Dec 2009, 03:45

Judging from the qualifying campagin, it would be a delight to see spain, england, brazil and netherlands make it to the semi-finals.