The bggest scam ever..Please check this video out!!

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
panchester07
Veteran Member

This happened in June 2008, the team that won here qualified for the final 6 in the concacaf that are: Im sure most of you know them and follow this
Usa - Mexico - Honduras - Costa Rica - El Salvador - Trininidad and Tobago..

My national team (panama), had won easily 1-0 here in panama, and had to travel to El salvador, to get another result to qualify comfortably to the final 6, and possibly and likely to the world cup (since the team for had been very good, ranked 50 in the world and 3 in concacaf afterUsa and mexico)

An easy win was expected, since Panama had won easily at home, and previously had all favoral results, the last one before this was 3-0 us..

The whole nation was confident that we would get a positive result..
but take a look at what just happened: ( the video is 10 min long, but its interesting, and its a great summary about what happened, the comentaries are in spanish and there are subtitles about what happened under, where you can understand some words like Penal, Offside, etc.)

Please check it out, and tell me what your opinion is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0E3_4nmuNlM

Thank you for your time and consideration

oh by the way, this ref is still refeering, he was the officaial at todays U-20 game brazil - urugauay he was decent, but still made a few obious bad calls..

He is mexican, his name is Marcos Rodriguez but his wife is Salvadorian, and everytime he refs a salvadorian game there is huge Polemicals and he is highly criticized in this area (central america)..

Honduras(that i dont particularly like either) just played salvador a few weeks ago, and their comentator got significantly fined for calling the same ref names and criticizng him more than half of the game, i think he even used a few cuss words and he broke some law or something because he cant say that on tv .i dont know what, and he payed some type of fine ..

again in the video, the ref isnt completely responsible but he has a lot to do, the crazy fans to, the players, and im sure there was some type of money under the table.. !

pickyourheadup
Veteran Member

Just to save everyone some time, the first terrible call is at 7:39.

The ref did make a bad call and there were blatant fouls and diving from both teams throughout the game. Panama should have score earlier in the game anyway, no offense to you Panchester.
My Architecture Blog(updated 02-12-13)

ratherton
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:This happened in June 2008, the team that won here qualified for the final 6 in the concacaf that are: Im sure most of you know them and follow this

My national team (panama), had won easily 1-0 here in panama, and had to travel to El salvador, to get another result to qualify comfortably to the final 6, and possibly and likely to the world cup (since the team for had been very good, ranked 50 in the world and 3 in concacaf afterUsa and mexico)

An easy win was expected, since Panama had won easily at home, and previously had all favoral results, the last one before this was 3-0 us..

but take a look at what just happened: ( the video is 10 min long, but its interesting, and its a great summary about what happened, the comentaries are in spanish and there are subtitles about what happened under, where you can understand some words like Penal, Offside, etc.)

oh by the way, this ref is still refeering, he was the officaial at todays U-20 game brazil - urugauay he was decent, but still made a few obious bad calls..

He is mexican, his name is Marcos Rodriguez but his wife is Salvadorian, and everytime he refs a salvadorian game there is huge Polemicals and he is highly criticized in this area (central america)..

Honduras(that i dont particularly like either) just played salvador a few weeks ago, and their comentator got significantly fined for calling the same ref names and criticizng him more than half of the game, i think he even used a few cuss words and he broke some law or something because he cant say that on tv .i dont know what, and he payed some type of fine ..

again in the video, the ref isnt completely responsible but he has a lot to do, the crazy fans to, the players, and im sure there was some type of money under the table.. !
Biggest scam ever?

Try West Germany v Austria in the 1982 World Cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germa ... %281982%29

panchester07
Veteran Member

okay i can accept that the ref miss some minor calls, im not whining about that, but 2 red cards, a "penalty" that isnt even a foul in golf, and one clear penalty for us that wasnt even called? So play with 9 players, get 1 goal stolen from you, give two do them and 2 more players on the field. Have them throw sh*t a you all game, have a ref that calls nothing on your side and tell me your moral wont go 6 feet under ground.

i will illustrate what we our upset about with the exact second it happened in (to save some time)

Minor Calls the ref mistaked on:
0.36 Salvadorian charges our man (watch the lineman nod his head : no, no)
0. 58 their cant be offside in a throw in.
1.14 what the hell did he do? offside again?
1.46 is jumping to high a foul now? It was salvador foul
3.13 Insane foul, even in the english league
3.20 kick in the chin 5 seconds after the first foul are you kidding me? the ref didnt call any of these
4.55 football, or taekwando? no call at all.
5.30 was this a foul? who nows but never for a yellow card.

Things Fifa should have sanctioned:
1.02 bottles with piss beeing thrown at panamanian player, yes real urine!
1.29 more bottles thrown, i guess we should get used to it but some type of sanction shold be given
3.34 A bottle hit the goalie, this means the game should be suspended (or atleast stopped until the fans are more chill) the ref doesnt know the rules. The players health are in danger. The fifa rule also says El salvadors next game should be played closed stadium. Nothing happens.
3.46 no comments we get hit, they get the ball.
4.00 more bottles filed with urine thrown

Goals
(Panama won in panama (1-0)
1.53 Legit goal from Panama (0-1) (0-2 Aggregate)
5.35 Spectacular goal for El Salvador beauty (1-1) (1-2 aggregate) salvador still needed two more goals to qualify.
8.26 Unfair pk scored, the pk was nice, but it wasnt at all a fair call.
8.46 Goal after a clear as water handball

Major Calls the ref mistaked on:
3.09 CLEAR PK FOR US!
7.40 PK?? DIDNT TOUCH HIM DIVER (DUDU IS A FOUL NEXT TO THIS DIVER), and a red card?? give me a break! fu**!
8.40 He put the ball in the goal with his hand and no call damn it!
9.20 Another direct red card? clearly not even touched, diver, woman, faker!

Doubts:
2.54 Possible Pk

Its hard for me to believe, that the referee "mistaked" on two red cards, and one penalty kick in favor of El Salvador. Plus all the small and medium fouls that him and his linemen didnt see, that could be yellow or red cards each. A pk, that was clear in favor for Panama, was never called. Simply a coincidence? I leave it for your judgement?

If this were in Europe take for example Chelsea 0 - Barcelona 1 the official made 2 or 3 bad calls, and received death threat in his mail box. Believe me if many of us had the resource or organization, he would have been hung on a tree a long a time ago
Last edited by panchester07 on 08 Oct 2009, 19:26, edited 1 time in total.

panchester07
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
panchester07 wrote:This happened in June 2008, the team that won here qualified for the final 6 in the concacaf that are: Im sure most of you know them and follow this

Biggest scam ever?

Try West Germany v Austria in the 1982 World Cup

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Germa ... %281982%29
alright that was really really really ridiculous, so they score a goal in the 10th minute, which is perfect to qualify them both, and then they lay back and relax for 80, passing the ball between the defenders, anot even crossing each others field? this is madness, when a foward from the other would come they would pass it to the keeper and boot it across the field.... i think its bolony.
After 10 minutes of furious attack, West Germany succeeded in scoring through a goal by Horst Hrubesch. After the goal was scored, the teams went into an unspoken agreement and just kicked the ball around aimlessly for the rest of the match. The team in possession of the ball passed between themselves in their own half until an opposition player came into the vicinity of the ball. The ball was then passed back to the goalkeeper. Isolated long balls were played into the opposition's half, with little consequence. For the next 80 minutes there were virtually no serious attempts on goal. The only player who seemed to make any effort at livening the game up was Walter Schachner, though he had little success

Something similar to this happened in Euro 2004 Sweeden vs Denmark, this game was fixed to tie 2-2, this result qualified them both to the next round and left italy that had the same points, but less goal ratio. None of them wanted to risk loosing, so they fixed they tie. I remember watching this game.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark_an ... ll_rivalry

ratherton
Veteran Member

I watched both the Austria v W. Germany game and the Sweden v Denmark game.

The match in 1982 was a joke. The teams stayed in their own half and the players were just making square passes with the occasional hoof to give the other team the ball for a bit.

The Sweden v Denmark game wasn't fixed. When Denmark were 2-1 up, they were still going for it and had the chances to make it 3-1. I don't believe that game was fixed although the result would suggest otherwise.

panchester07
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:I watched both the Austria v W. Germany game and the Sweden v Denmark game.

The match in 1982 was a joke. The teams stayed in their own half and the players were just making square passes with the occasional hoof to give the other team the ball for a bit.

The Sweden v Denmark game wasn't fixed. When Denmark were 2-1 up, they were still going for it and had the chances to make it 3-1. I don't believe that game was fixed although the result would suggest otherwise.

Meaning you watched them live? So your like 30 something atleast? Damn i was gonna ask you how you knew so many things about old games and results.

I watched sweeden denmark live, i just thought it was suspicious that "last minute goal" by Ibrahimovic allthough it was a masterpiece. After the game, the fans in the stadium showed flags posters and banners with the numbers 2-2. Simple coincidence? I dont think so...

Jboogey

Meaning you watched them live? So your like 30 something atleast? Damn i was gonna ask you how you knew so many things about old games and results.
Well i'm 16 and i've watched it...

videos: $30

Time Machine: $80,000,000,000

youtube: Priceless
"Skill is in the foot not whats on it" - New Born Prodigy

ratherton
Veteran Member

panchester07 wrote:
ratherton wrote:I watched both the Austria v W. Germany game and the Sweden v Denmark game.

I watched sweeden denmark live, i just thought it was suspicious that "last minute goal" by Ibrahimovic allthough it was a masterpiece. After the game, the fans in the stadium showed flags posters and banners with the numbers 2-2. Simple coincidence? I dont think so...
I can vaguely remember bits of the Germany v Austria game (TV coverage wasn't the same as it is now) and the players just passing the ball square to each other. The crowd were giving them dogs abuse.

I was in Porto for the Sweden v Denmark game but I watched it on TV. There was plenty of talk about that sort of thing happening amongst the fans but it was more a case of "Wouldn't it be funny if this happened" rather than a definite conspiracy. You only had to watch the match to see it wasn't rigged.

panchester07
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:
panchester07 wrote:

I can vaguely remember bits of the Germany v Austria game (TV coverage wasn't the same as it is now) and the players just passing the ball square to each other. The crowd were giving them dogs abuse.

I was in Porto for the Sweden v Denmark game but I watched it on TV. There was plenty of talk about that sort of thing happening amongst the fans but it was more a case of "Wouldn't it be funny if this happened" rather than a definite conspiracy. You only had to watch the match to see it wasn't rigged.
i see, well i did watch the game, though it wasnt apparent at all, they obviously wont do the germany - austria tactic because nowadays they will get in a real trouble for that... They obviously arent gonna pass it back or anything, but they can still play hard and not mean to score you know.... they could have had this mindset: we are supposed to tie, but just in case something goes wrong ill keep attacking this way either way i qualify

you are probably right it was just a coincidence..
to know Him is to want to know Him more"

"i don't know where the limit is, but I know where it is not"

Tocar y moverse y tratarla siempre muy muy bien..'

Davidson9
Veteran Member

ratherton wrote:Biggest scam ever?

Try Germany v England in the 1966 World Cup

*cough* fixed!

panchester07
Veteran Member

Davidson9 wrote:
ratherton wrote:Biggest scam ever?