World Cup Qualifying - England beats Croatia again

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

World Cup Qualifying - England beats Croatia again

Post by Croatianblood1 » 05 Sep 2009, 20:45

.......that might as well be the headline now because we flat out suck. We barely beat Belarus today and they almost ended up tying the match but we were lucky that our keeper Runje was able to make some key saves.

Corluka got a red card today and Modric will be out with this injury. Not to mention our team is seriously out of form. Congratulations on the win England.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 06 Sep 2009, 09:42

We weren't great yesterday.

Upson and Glen Johnson worry the hell out of me.

We were sitting close to Mr Capello and he was not a happy man during the game.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 06 Sep 2009, 13:09

Well from the highlights I saw England were creating chances early but they just couldn't get it in the back of the net.

And what was the penalty called for? I'm not here to argue about it but I didn't see exactly what happened. I saw Rooney go down and the commentators were saying something about a shirt pull but I really didn't get a good view of it.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 06 Sep 2009, 15:00

Not sure about the penalty. We were lower tier just the other side of the halfway line behind the dugouts.

It looked like Rooney slipped and as his feet went forward, he clattered the defender who was substituted with the injury. However, we didn't have the best view. My initial impression that it was just one of those accidental things and the ref could have played on.

One of my friends was behind that goal and he said the defender was pulling his shirt. Bit of a strange one though.

Rooney should have got himself a hat-trick. Two off the line with brilliant clearances and he hit the post from about 2 yards.

Mandy felt Brian's wrath when she wandered in front of him after they'd announced free beer at the bar.....

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 07 Sep 2009, 00:32

I don't think you should really be worried. We are the ones who go thrashed 4-1 at home with a full squad. Now we are going to your house and we are out of form and we're missing our key playmaker, Modric.

I'd be happy with a draw and actually I think we are going to play more defensively. I'll take a look at the lineup when Bilic announces it.

Anymi
Veteran Member

Post by Anymi » 08 Sep 2009, 06:54

AUSTRALIA 14 IN FIFA RANKS

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 08 Sep 2009, 14:50

Anymi wrote:AUSTRALIA 14 IN FIFA RANKS
That says everything about the FIFA ranking system, doesn't it !!

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 10 Sep 2009, 00:54

I told you so. What an abysmal performance.

So ratherton, how do I become an England fan because this whole Croatia thing isn't working out too well for me.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 10 Sep 2009, 06:35

Croatianblood1 wrote:I told you so. What an abysmal performance.

So ratherton, how do I become an England fan because this whole Croatia thing isn't working out too well for me.
You can't change teams unless you are a bird or football tourist.

Remember the low points make the highs even better.

As for the game, we played as well as I've seen England play at Wembley but I was surprised how little Croatia had to offer. Felt a bit sorry for the keeper with the 5th goal as he'd made a string of saves to keep the score down.

The Croat fans really helped the atmosphere too. All in all, a good night with the Sweaties and the Argies losing too.

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Post by Croatianblood1 » 10 Sep 2009, 11:02

ratherton wrote:

As for the game, we played as well as I've seen England play at Wembley but I was surprised how little Croatia had to offer. Felt a bit sorry for the keeper with the 5th goal as he'd made a string of saves to keep the score down.

The Croat fans really helped the atmosphere too. All in all, a good night with the Sweaties and the Argies losing too.
Haha, I was only joking. I would never stop supporting Croatia but I do have respect for England. I mean last year England couldn't even get into EURO and now they seem to be the top nation in the world. Yeah Spain is very good and so is Brazil. But England is the team to watch for in this World Cup in my opinion.

And I did also feel sorry for out keeper Runje. I mean he stepped up well against Belarus and to see that 5th goal he allowed yesterday was a shame.

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 10 Sep 2009, 11:32

ratherton wrote:

Yeah it was a good perfromance by us, i was pretty impressed tbh, i wish capello would start defoe though.
i was made to ignite

ratherton
Veteran Member

Post by ratherton » 10 Sep 2009, 12:01

mint wrote:
ratherton wrote:

Yeah it was a good perfromance by us, i was pretty impressed tbh, i wish capello would start defoe though.
Heskey is one of our most important players. He is a big lump that stays down the centre. That lets Rooney drop off and play his natural game. You have to look past Heskey's poor goal return as he offers so much more to the team.

Its not a role Crouch can play which is why Capello is also looking at Can't Control (Carlton Cole).

mint
EF Drug Baron

Post by mint » 10 Sep 2009, 15:24

ratherton wrote:
mint wrote:
ratherton wrote: You can't change teams unless you are a bird or football tourist.

Heskey is one of our most important players. He is a big lump that stays down the centre. That lets Rooney drop off and play his natural game. You have to look past Heskey's poor goal return as he offers so much more to the team.

Its not a role Crouch can play which is why Capello is also looking at Can't Control (Carlton Cole).
Well yeah fair argument heskey does bring a lot to the team in terms of physical presence and workrate, imo he was unlucky to not get on the scoresheet last night.
i was made to ignite