Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Croatianblood1 wrote:BAD NEWS:

Those horns you hear during the matches will be around for the World Cup. The horn is called a vuvuzela and has been a part of South African football.

http://goal.com/en-us/news/84/africa/20 ... und-of-the
NOOOOOOOOOO
wow, i had to watch the game without sound cause it was so annoying.

btw spain beat iraq 1-0 villa scored in the 55', not bad for a country without a home field...

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

Yeah Iraq did play well I mean they only allowed 1 goal from the high powered attack from Spain and they did have some good chances. It was entertaining to watch.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Iraq did well, only letting in one goal is great especially since Spain scored 5 in their previous game.

I'm used to the horns now but it does get annoying. I can't imagine what its like in the stadium.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

YESSSSSSS!

Sepp Blatter is holding a meeting with some FIFA executives to consider banning the horns because they recived so many world-wide complaints

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:YESSSSSSS!

Sepp Blatter is holding a meeting with some FIFA executives to consider banning the horns because they recived so many world-wide complaints
Good! I'm actually used to them now but for the early games it gets annoying, when I'm still half awake.

Met

Ah you people suck. We have our 'horns' that we started in SA as our little addition to football and you show up and want to get them banned. We don't sing, we don't chant, we don't do drums. Is that what is going to get banned next?

God it's just a little bit of fun, showing our delight at watching football. I watched the domestic league when I used to live there and honestly I never found it annoying. It's not like every country does it now...

Met

soccer11
Admin

Why is Beasley playing? There's no reason for this. Or Kleijstan for that matter. Bob Bradley is an idiot. He needs to learn how to put a team together. Honestly, I'd rather see Adu play at this point because with him i know there's a chance that something productive can happen. With Beasley all I can expect is sh*t crosses and really bad giveaways. Ever since Beasley's fu**ed his leg a few years back, he's been sh*t. It's time to move on. Torres needs to be playing, especially against a team like Brazil.

fu**! Brazil just scored again and it was Beasley's fault.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Credit to the USA for matching Italy for half a game but they've been absolutely outplayed by one of the most average Brazil sides ive seen in a long time. The USA are playing in fear of them

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I liked how Dempsey started becoming the entertainer which you would expect from the brazillians, he has a sweet sweet rabona near the end

And you yanks are really unlucky bastards when it comes to red cards (even though the dude did deserve to go)
Ah you people suck. We have our 'horns' that we started in SA as our little addition to football and you show up and want to get them banned. We don't sing, we don't chant, we don't do drums. Is that what is going to get banned next?

God it's just a little bit of fun, showing our delight at watching football. I watched the domestic league when I used to live there and honestly I never found it annoying. It's not like every country does it now...
I would mind as much if it was a tune
Apart from a really low continuos Db
And then have commentaors trying to be heard by shouting, its even worse when you listen to the radio

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

ScottyBoy wrote:Credit to the USA for matching Italy for half a game but they've been absolutely outplayed by one of the most average Brazil sides ive seen in a long time. The USA are playing in fear of them
Very true. Brazil is not impressive this year and the USA played poorly. Where is the marking?? And where is the pressure?? It's like you said, they are playing in fear. The first two goals from Brazil were too easily scored.

It seems like we lack drive. We give up balls too easily and the players seem lazy. There needs to be a big change in the gameplan for the US if they want to win or at least play decent,

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

Some "art" from NZ:

:roll:

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

What a game! Egypt beat Italy!! The Egypt GK did well, made some good saves.

soccer11
Admin

the Egypt goalie was man of the match. It could've easily been 3-1 Italy. Congrats to them.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

Italy are terrible right now, i dont think its as big an achievement as it seems to beat them. Its highly unlikely that we'll be speaking of italy as "reigning world champions" after the world cup a year from now.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

That cud have been us in the 2006 world cup if it hadnt been for the stupid referee and the diver.

Hope Grosso breaks a leg. And Italy get eliminated in the group stages.

Oh yeah and kudos to the Egypt team of coz