Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

Kasaki
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:its was just a curiosity of mine.....and mostly all my friends makes fun of americans,,,thats why...and i thought spain was best in basketball
nop U.S.A is
Baseball is ruled by japan right? and U.S.A very closly by
We play football not rugby sadly but we rule at football, where as the rest of the world would kill us in rugby
Cricket?= no
Volleyball we do good at
Swimming (phelps) cough
Running=Kenya,Jamaica,etc

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Kasaki wrote:
adnankhan wrote:its was just a curiosity of mine.....and mostly all my friends makes fun of americans,,,thats why...and i thought spain was best in basketball
nop U.S.A is
Baseball is ruled by japan right? and U.S.A very closly by
We play football not rugby sadly but we rule at football, where as the rest of the world would kill us in rugby
Cricket?= no
Volleyball we do good at
Swimming (phelps) cough
Running=Kenya,Jamaica,etc
Baseball is ruled by the USA. Doesn't Japan play a different form of baseball? I think the rules are different between Japan's baseball and the USA's.

As for education, yes its easy, at least public school is. In a k-12 public school education if you have a pulse you can pass. I'm not sure about private schooll though, never went, I took my free k-12 education provided by our government.

I actually graduated high school a year early because I wanted to get to college and have a challenge. I'm no bookworm and college isn't easy depending on the classes you take, but its way better than high school. Hell anythings better than being in school for 7 hours, I don't miss those days, getting up at 6am isn't fun.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

im 4rm denmark

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

shahensha wrote:Dunga made a genius move by creating more width with his subs.
I still think Pato shoulda came on at some point, and Ramires should've never been in the squad.

and USA also dominates in basketball, and their girls dominate gymnastics (ignoring the 14-year old chinese girls who won at the olympics). I think baseball is still up there as the favourite sport, american football and basketball falling closely behind.

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:im 4rm denmark
Ya so you and your friends have every right to make fun of american sports because Denmark is such a powerhouse for sports.... :roll:

And as for school...my parents have struggled to send me to private school and it actually is pretty challenging, in 8th grade I took 5 high school credit classes...
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

Nat_H
Veteran Member

Dang...tough loss

soccer11
Admin

I again didn't see the game due to work, but oh well, I heard. I was pretty close to being seen as a bigger genius than I am :P I'll watch the game when it's on replay.

oh, and we were being told by a guy from Denmark that we suck? Oh . . .

united10
Veteran Member

soccer11 wrote:I again didn't see the game due to work, but oh well, I heard. I was pretty close to being seen as a bigger genius than I am :P I'll watch the game when it's on replay.

oh, and we were being told by a guy from Denmark that we suck? Oh . . .
you might want just watch the first half :D haha it was actually a pretty good game so was the third place game id say an overall good confederations cup

tholos
New User

adnankhan wrote:most people in the world thinks that usa spend most of their time in sports..because they have a lot of money and time to practice. well is it true?

if so why is usa not leading country in sports such as baseball, basketball, soccer, cricket, rugby. this is what i don't get.

plus i herd education is so easy that you guyz dont have to study!!!
USA would dominate Baseball if the MLB players were able to leave their clubs to play during the Olympics. Basketball IS dominated by the USA, heavily. I believe in pool play in Beijing USA doubled Spain beating them 120 to 60. The American culture isn't yet ready for soccer to become big, there are fans, but most people just plain don't like the sport. Cricket and Rugby aren't played here. Remind me, who won the Medal Count at the Beijing Olympics?

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Whoa whoa, did someone just say the USA doesn't dominate in basketball? And that Spain does? Are you serious? Did you really just make that statement? The United States won gold at the Olympics with an average team. Many superstars chose not to take part such as Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. When you have players like Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd on the roster, it's definitely not the best team that the United States can come up with. If the United States picked out the top 15 players in the NBA that are American, nothing would even be close. Spain would have been absolutely blown out. I doubt Spain will ever come up with a Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.

In my opinion, the United States comes up with the greatest overall athletes in the world. It's just that the majority of them play basketball or football. If you look at the wide receivers, corner backs, safeties, running backs (some) in the NFL and the majority of the players in the NBA, I'm pretty sure no one else in the world can compete with them in overall athleticism (strength, power, vertical, speed, etc.) I don't think any other country in the world can come up with super athletes like Lebron James.

And as for education, are you talking about primary or secondary? Cause if you want to talk about overall, I'm pretty sure at least 7 of the top 10 universities in the world are in the United States. I'm also pretty sure no other university in the world can boast the same reputation and prestige as Princeton or Harvard.

casar22
Veteran Member

flyhigh19 wrote:Whoa whoa, did someone just say the USA doesn't dominate in basketball? And that Spain does? Are you serious? Did you really just make that statement? The United States won gold at the Olympics with an average team. Many superstars chose not to take part such as Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. When you have players like Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd on the roster, it's definitely not the best team that the United States can come up with. If the United States picked out the top 15 players in the NBA that are American, nothing would even be close. Spain would have been absolutely blown out. I doubt Spain will ever come up with a Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.

In my opinion, the United States comes up with the greatest overall athletes in the world. It's just that the majority of them play basketball or football. If you look at the wide receivers, corner backs, safeties, running backs (some) in the NFL and the majority of the players in the NBA, I'm pretty sure no one else in the world can compete with them in overall athleticism (strength, power, vertical, speed, etc.) I don't think any other country in the world can come up with super athletes like Lebron James.

And as for education, are you talking about primary or secondary? Cause if you want to talk about overall, I'm pretty sure at least 7 of the top 10 universities in the world are in the United States. I'm also pretty sure no other university in the world can boast the same reputation and prestige as Princeton or Harvard.
Lol be humble man we all know Spain is not as good as the US in basketball but please man, we're not as bad as China and Germany and by the way, we might not ever have players like Kobe or LeBron but we have Ricky Rubio and he's gonna become a better player than CP3, KIDD, BIBBY etc

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

flyhigh19
Veteran Member

Haha I'm guess I kind of went extreme there. But I just read a few of the comments and some of them were ridiculously ignorant. Yeah I agree Ricky Rubio is going to be really good in the future. He's has a lot of potential and a lot of analysts are already saying he's the best passer they've seen over the past decade. I think in the future he's going to be like a Nash type player (possibly better).

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

i would just like to take the time to say

Im sorry USA mens soccer team for underrating you, over the past couple of years i have said things such as "the USA sucks" but now i see they are not a powerhouse, but a team to be taken seriously. i can see them up there with all the other great teams that have never won a world cup (other than spain and holland)

Team USA you are a great soccer team...

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

Pichichi

Konja the USA will never be great until the play great. Winning isn't everything. The USA time and time again will waste amazing opportunities that a 'great' team would take advantage of. Not to mention they don't know what to do in the attacking third. I don't know who you think the USA is as great as, but we're not the prettiest team to watch and that has to change. Don't get me wrong I love USA winning and all, but the game is so easy to play and the USA, like many teams, makes it difficult and a sore to watch at times.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

flyhigh19 wrote:Whoa whoa, did someone just say the USA doesn't dominate in basketball? And that Spain does? Are you serious? Did you really just make that statement? The United States won gold at the Olympics with an average team. Many superstars chose not to take part such as Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett. When you have players like Tayshaun Prince and Michael Redd on the roster, it's definitely not the best team that the United States can come up with. If the United States picked out the top 15 players in the NBA that are American, nothing would even be close. Spain would have been absolutely blown out. I doubt Spain will ever come up with a Lebron James or Kobe Bryant.

see one thing ...there is not as much scope in other country as in america.....every body in the world knows lebron james and kobe bryant because of media....MEDIA is very good in america..and the whole world watches american media..and there might be really talanted soccer players or basketball players in the world who is better than them,,.people from other country comes to america for the opportunity and yet america is known for land of opportunity..foreings comes and they end up better than the real american....and from the origin rathers call the Americans europeans.. i kinda sound stupid.. and i dont agree that americans have the best athletics(they should be but they are not.)