Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

shahensha
Veteran Member

Dunga made a genius move by creating more width with his subs.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

Great game for the U.S.A shoulda won but I think fitness came into play

adnankhan
Veteran Member

good defense usa...
brazill wins

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

USA shouldn't have sat back and played defense in the 2nd half....we abandoned what was working in the first half, and it cost us the game. Kelishtan sucks.....and Bradley did not use his subs wisely this tournament.....to little rest for most of the US players throughout this tournament and it showed at the end of the second half.......Bocanegra couldn't pass the ball with no pressure on him.....

And the ref was not so great....
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."

bsc
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
bsc wrote:wow with a goal like that if Landon isn't in Europe this upcoming season, or at least the next one, I'll buy a hat and eat it.
He was on loan to Bayern this season but didn't do too well once the season started. Had a good pre-season with the team though. Hope he gets another shot.
yeah I know, but I think that he never stood a chance at Bayern. His best position was allready being inhabited by a certain Mr. Ribery. I think the best thing for him would be to go to a mid table team in spain. He's one of the few American players that I think could handle the skills required and really grow as a player (if it's not allready too late). Plus he speaks fluent spanish. Going to Bayern was just a bad decision.

actually I kind of like him playing on the left side so he can cut in and shoot, but I still think he prefers playing on the right
Last edited by bsc on 28 Jun 2009, 20:33, edited 1 time in total.
Image Image
And the dreams that you dare to dream, really do come true

adnankhan
Veteran Member

MUFC1994 wrote:And the ref was not so great....

i k r ...kaka was getting raped out there :o

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I know Dempsey is still under contract with Fulham but I expect a few other clubs to show interest. 3 goals in 3 games after not scoring in 8.

shahensha
Veteran Member

That is why Fabiano is such a good striker.

Its Brazil. They attacked relentlessly. They were bound to win.

Howard had a good game and tried very hard.

Kaka: Player of the tournament. He has been immense for Brazil throughout. He should have gone in the scorebooks today.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

2nd place after being underdogs thorugh the whole tournament is nothing to be ashamed of. The USA really proved something this tournamnet. Plus we beat Spain :D

adnankhan
Veteran Member

most people in the world thinks that usa spend most of their time in sports..because they have a lot of money and time to practice. well is it true?

if so why is usa not leading country in sports such as baseball, basketball, soccer, cricket, rugby. this is what i don't get.

plus i herd education is so easy that you guyz dont have to study!!!

John_Bob
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:most people in the world thinks that usa spend most of their time in sports..because they have a lot of money and time to practice. well is it true?

if so why is usa not leading country in sports such as baseball, basketball, soccer, cricket, rugby. this is what i don't get.

Umm, I am pretty sure we are the best at basketball without question. Baseball we are one of the best for soccer we are alright. No one even plays rugby or cricket in the U.S. so it is understandable that we suck ass (wait we do suck at those right? I wouldn't even know that's how little Americans care about rugby and cricket)

Yes we do have a lot of money, well at least most people do but those people just sit on their ass all day and watch T.V. Most of the really good athletes are actually middle class or poor.

As for education, yeah our school system sucks. At least for me it is way too easy. I have never really had to try in school and usually recieve very good grades, but some people don't do so well so well.

The real question is, why did you ask those questions in this thread?

avipbn

most people in the world thinks that usa spend most of their time in sports..because they have a lot of money and time to practice. well is it true?

People spend more time educating themselves generally, depending on your family. if your parents focus on a sport, you generally would. Thats around the world. USA Dont play much rugby and cricket (From what i know). Baseball their number 4 (Correct me if Im wrong) Thier number one is basketball (Im sure of this) and now number 10-13 in soccer.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

its was just a curiosity of mine.....and mostly all my friends makes fun of americans,,,thats why...and i thought spain was best in basketball

John_Bob
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:its was just a curiosity of mine.....and mostly all my friends makes fun of americans,,,thats why...and i thought spain was best in basketball
No Spain lost to America in the Olympic finals but even if they had won America is still better at basketball, that is a fact.

INTER1908
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:its was just a curiosity of mine.....and mostly all my friends makes fun of americans,,,thats why...and i thought spain was best in basketball
Dude we dominated the Olympics. What country are you from?
Made by 2Brown.