Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
fr33k1ck wrote:Lol. All my friends saying USA beat the world's #1 in a sport we don't care about.
Maybe it will make Sports Center or some papers tomorrow LOL.
This game might get a little airtime on Sportcenter lol.
Chelsea>Your team

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote:I can safely say almost everyone in America owes soccer11 a pint after that :wink:

Wow that ref was shocking
He may aswell have sent off most of the U.S.A team when they were shaking hands to save himself interuppting the game, I suppose shaking hands to hard could be considered dangerous play? (come on he sent bradley off for less)
On top of that Spain derserved a penalty which they never got

And for all the yanks who spent last summer scream Ronaldo's a diving prick... Take a look at Altidore and Dempsey, it was as if there were snipers littered around the stands picking them off over and over again

Ok enough of me bullshitting
That match was fu**ed up, fair play anyway
I agree Dempsey went down a lot. He's not usually a diver but all those times he hit the ground were uncalled for.

The ref was horrible. USA has really had some back luck with red cards, though some were deserved (Clark's).
Yeah the ref really killed the game off, I can see that big centre back of yours moving to the premiership, he was immense, like a totally shaved gorilla in shorts trained to position himself well and header the ball
Onyewu should be moving clubs. I think he is done in Belgium. I've heard Birmingham may be intersted in him. He was on loan at Newcastle a few season ago.

Wait, I believe he is going to Turkey. Fenerbahce seem to be close to a deal.

adnankhan
Veteran Member

this was really fu**ed up game and now i have to hear all the rednecks saying weird sh*t ....really fu**ed up.......you all know USA doesn't deserve just think about it really..

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:this was really fu**ed up game and now i have to hear all the rednecks saying weird sh*t ....really fu**ed up.......you all know USA doesn't deserve just think about it really..

The USA did deserve it. They showed up, unlike Spain. I'd be pissed at the performace if I was Spain's manager.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

arsenalfc08 wrote:
adnankhan wrote:this was really fu**ed up game and now i have to hear all the rednecks saying weird sh*t ....really fu**ed up.......you all know USA doesn't deserve just think about it really..

The USA did deserve it. They showed up, unlike Spain. I'd be pissed at the performace if I was Spain's manager.
I got to side with arsenal here, it wasn't beautful but the U S and A got the job done pretty well, 8 November 2006 was the last time spain lost (3-2 to Romania) you'd have to turn up to acheive that :D

adnankhan
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
Wow, you can't just be a little happy for once?
this didnt look like a soccer game...when they played egeypt it wasnt either,,,
egypt and spain is really good teams...and really usa is not good compare to them this is kind of not fair,,,and if spain really wanted to win we would have seen some ballhuggers but we didnt we would have seen some shots on goal and we wouldnt have seen famous superstar Torres setting up a ball in the penalty post for the opposition team to score....my openion something mysterious is hapenning,,,

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
egypt and spain is really good teams...and really usa is not good compare to them this is kind of not fair,,,and if spain really wanted to win we would have seen some ballhuggers but we didnt we would have seen some shots on goal and we wouldnt have seen famous superstar Torres setting up a ball in the penalty post for the opposition team to score....my openion something mysterious is hapenning,,,
'

So you think the Spain team was bribed into losing the game? They make more money than any of us can ever dream of. They wouldn't need to throw a game for money. They have reputations as players, they just, for whatever reason, didn't show up.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

adnankhan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
...What the hell is a penalty post?

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
You really can't stand to see the USA succeed. We played better than Spain. IF we played worse then them, we wouldn't have won 2-0. Just stop hating and take a loss.
Chelsea>Your team

adnankhan
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
adnankhan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote: Wow, you can't just be a little happy for once?
'

So you think the Spain team was bribed into losing the game? They make more money than any of us can ever dream of. They wouldn't need to throw a game for money. They have reputations as players, they just, for whatever reason, didn't show up.
i really think it was. i mean if usa played good i wouldnt complain. usa dint play a internationl level game againt spain and spain didnt even play a highschool level game....i am not anti-american i just think something is not right,,,,and with international sports always politics is connected you never know wats goin on lets wait and hear it from spains own player...

adnankhan
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:
adnankhan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote: Wow, you can't just be a little happy for once?
...What the hell is a penalty post?
penalty box

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

adnankhan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:
adnankhan wrote: this didnt look like a soccer game...when they played egeypt it wasnt either,,,
'

i really think it was. i mean if usa played good i wouldnt complain. usa dint play a internationl level game againt spain and spain didnt even play a highschool level game....i am not anti-american i just think something is not right,,,,and with international sports always politics is connected you never know wats goin on lets wait and hear it from spains own player...
No player(s) is going to come out publically and say they took a bribe!! If they did then FIFA, would be all over their ass with fines and suspensions, Serie A ring a bell? Juventus?

adnankhan
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08 wrote:
adnankhan wrote:
arsenalfc08 wrote:'

No player(s) is going to come out publically and say they took a bribe!! If they did then FIFA, would be all over their ass with fines and suspensions, Serie A ring a bell? Juventus?

i mean ...lets see what excuse the spainards come up with...and their coach,,

Kasaki
Veteran Member

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I think soccer11 has a future in the psychic business.