Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

Kasaki
Veteran Member

1-0 USA GO USA!!! LETS BEAT SPAIn still got like 60 min left

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

2-0 USA with 10 minutes left. I can't believe it.
Chelsea>Your team

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

2-0 about 30 seconds left!!!!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Its over!!!! USA wins 2-0.

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

America fu** Yeah. We beat the number 1 team in the world. We ended thir 35 game unbeaten streak, and their 15 game win streak. We had some last second defending and some lucky play, but we did it. That was amazing.
Chelsea>Your team

adnankhan
Veteran Member

this is bs i swer....prolly usa paid the officaials or players...i have never sen torres or pque play this bad in their life,,,this is use terrible..and the goals usa scored was luck just easy lucky goal....usa sucks at soccer i dont know wat is happening.....every body is underestimating usa,,, :oops:

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

I wasn't even going to watch the game because I thought we were going to be killed. Beating Spain is a huge accomplishment. I would have settled for 3rd but a spot in the final is just huge!!

Howard MoM is my opinion. He made some terrific saves!

Jozy scoring was good. Dempsey getting 2 goals in 2 games.

Kasaki
Veteran Member

NOP
thats true skill, they outmattched spain, and ACTUALLy finished unlike torres weak ass, :PPPPP GO USA

fr33k1ck
Veteran Member

Lol. All my friends saying USA beat the world's #1 in a sport we don't care about.
Chelsea>Your team

evolutionr91

The usa played amazing today. Totally outplayed spain from the start.
That goal by altidore was pretty good, the way he kept the defender off the ball to get the strike on goal was sick :o

Also torres didn't even look like he wanted to play...

well sh*t happens congrats to the USA for beating the number 1 in the world.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

fr33k1ck wrote:Lol. All my friends saying USA beat the world's #1 in a sport we don't care about.
Maybe it will make Sports Center or some papers tomorrow LOL.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I can safely say almost everyone in America owes soccer11 a pint after that :wink:

Wow that ref was shocking
He may aswell have sent off most of the U.S.A team when they were shaking hands to save himself interuppting the game, I suppose shaking hands to hard could be considered dangerous play? (come on he sent bradley off for less)
On top of that Spain derserved a penalty which they never got

And for all the yanks who spent last summer bitching that Ronaldo's a diving prick... Take a look at Altidore and Dempsey, it was as if there were snipers littered around the stands picking them off over and over again

Ok enough of me bullshitting
That match was fu**ed up, fair play anyway

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:I can safely say almost everyone in America owes soccer11 a pint after that :wink:

He may aswell have sent off most of the U.S.A team when they were shaking hands to save himself interuppting the game, I suppose shaking hands to hard could be considered dangerous play? (come on he sent bradley off for less)

And for all the yanks who spent last summer scream Ronaldo's a diving prick... Take a look at Altidore and Dempsey, it was as if there were snipers littered around the stands picking them off over and over again

I agree Dempsey went down a lot. He's not usually a diver but all those times he hit the ground were uncalled for.

The ref was horrible. USA has really had some back luck with red cards, though some were deserved (Clark's).

If Jozy's continues to not play in Spain I've heard Fulham want him on loan.

Charlie did well in the first half. I'm hoping he moves to a different league this summer.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

arsenalfc08 wrote:
NewBornProdigy wrote:I can safely say almost everyone in America owes soccer11 a pint after that :wink:

And for all the yanks who spent last summer scream Ronaldo's a diving prick... Take a look at Altidore and Dempsey, it was as if there were snipers littered around the stands picking them off over and over again

I agree Dempsey went down a lot. He's not usually a diver but all those times he hit the ground were uncalled for.

The ref was horrible. USA has really had some back luck with red cards, though some were deserved (Clark's).
Yeah the ref really killed the game off, I can see that big centre back of yours moving to the premiership, he was immense, like a totally shaved gorilla in shorts trained to position himself well and header the ball

MUFC1994
Veteran Member

Ya the US players are becoming quite the actors...... :lol:
"The road to athletic greatness is not marked by perfection but the ability to constantly overcome adversity and failure."