Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

copps75

That cud have been us in the 2006 world cup if it hadnt been for the stupid referee and the diver.

Hope Grosso breaks a leg. And Italy get eliminated in the group stages.
talk about holding a grudge. relax it was 3 years ago

but anyway, italy played terrible, iaquinta should have put 3 away easily. but good job egypt. now italy has to beat brazil pretty much :|:|:|
Berlin Here We Come

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

NewBornProdigy wrote:I liked how Dempsey started becoming the entertainer which you would expect from the brazillians, he has a sweet sweet rabona near the end

And you yanks are really unlucky bastards when it comes to red cards (even though the dude did deserve to go)
Ah you people suck. We have our 'horns' that we started in SA as our little addition to football and you show up and want to get them banned. We don't sing, we don't chant, we don't do drums. Is that what is going to get banned next?

God it's just a little bit of fun, showing our delight at watching football. I watched the domestic league when I used to live there and honestly I never found it annoying. It's not like every country does it now...
I would mind as much if it was a tune
Apart from a really low continuos Db
And then have commentaors trying to be heard by shouting, its even worse when you listen to the radio
Exactly. To call it part of your culture is a dreadful excuse. It is not music, it has no purpose, it is incessant noise. Tell me, why does it have to go on continously for 90 minutes? Why dont you just blow it during goals or at certain times.

Dont even try to compare it to european countries, they have organised songs, chants etc, and it doesnt go on for 90 minutes non stop. There is no order, no discretion, it is just annoying. If it is part of your culture i feel sorry for you, but seeing as people want to keep using it, i suggest tone it down abit, just dont use it all the time you cant possibly imagine how annoying it is. It makes south africans seem immature, stupid like little children, disinterested in football, as it doesnt reflect the changing pace of the game in anyway, it seems unrelated to the football.

Remember hosting the world cup is a privellige, and countries have to welcome visitors, not the other way around. Some cultural identity is good but im sure that if they had one in Spain and asked them to stop with the racism they would comply, South Africa should comply as well with the horns.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Met wrote:Ah you people suck. We have our 'horns' that we started in SA as our little addition to football and you show up and want to get them banned. We don't sing, we don't chant, we don't do drums. Is that what is going to get banned next?

God it's just a little bit of fun, showing our delight at watching football. I watched the domestic league when I used to live there and honestly I never found it annoying. It's not like every country does it now...

Met
Those horns are the 3rd gayest thing in a football stadium (4th gayest if Ronaldo is there) after:

- Mexican Waves
- Those retard plastic stick things people bang together

An annoying loud noise is not the same thing as an atmosphere.

SelckeBU10
Sophomore Member

David Villa is a retard.

casar22
Veteran Member

SelckeBU10 wrote:David Villa is a retard.
Quit hating man. Spain just broke the record of consecutive wins: 15 and they tied brazil's record of not losing: 35

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

SelckeBU10
Sophomore Member

Not hatin spain, just villa.

Evan
Veteran Member

David Villa is one of the best strikers in the world. He is surely not a retard.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

avipbn

SelckeBU10 wrote:David Villa is a retard.
I didn't watch the game, what happened?

SelckeBU10
Sophomore Member

nothing i just posted something dumb

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Evan wrote:David Villa is one of the best strikers in the world. He is surely not a retard.
Actually, watching these spain games, I realized unless David Villa is within 18 yards of goal, he can't do anything with the ball. Everytime he dribbles, he loses it, everytime he puts a through ball, it goes straight at the defender. Even everytime that he tries to control the long ball from Fabregas/Xavi, it slips 3-4 feet away from him. He's slightly overrated, unless he proves me wrong otherwise.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

Kakasgotskillz wrote:
Evan wrote:David Villa is one of the best strikers in the world. He is surely not a retard.
Actually, watching these spain games, I realized unless David Villa is within 18 yards of goal, he can't do anything with the ball. Everytime he dribbles, he loses it, everytime he puts a through ball, it goes straight at the defender. Even everytime that he tries to control the long ball from Fabregas/Xavi, it slips 3-4 feet away from him. He's slightly overrated, unless he proves me wrong otherwise.
Thats why he's the best striker in the world not the best player
Ian Wright, Van Nistelrouy and Raul were the same

Villa is having a bad Confrederations Cup, whenever I saw him during the Euro's and Valencia this year, hes been a much better all round player

Its probably because he really just wants to be on a beach in miami

Evan
Veteran Member

Yeah, you really can't judge a player on how he does in a single tournament. I mean, you can I guess, but if you've watched how he did in the Euro, and in Spain this year like NBP said, you'd realize how good he actually is.
On a different note everyone's pretty good with women when it comes to hookers... well except the sham-wow guy.

ratherton
Veteran Member

Hasn't he scored in every match? Doesn't sound like he's having a bad tournament to me.

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

Villa is a top quality player, he can go to goal, or sit back and play a pass to torres

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

casar22
Veteran Member

Too many haters(As always) But like ratherton said, he has scored in every match and that's what counts.

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!