Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Charlie!!!!

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

Urgh! Italy score again.

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

1-3 Italy. Rossi with 2 goals.

united10
Veteran Member

I will say that 3-1 doesn't give the US credit but that second half was pathetic. They were hardly pushing for a draw at 2-1, I understand that the US were a man down because an awful call but still the US played with no heart near the end. Tim Howard the the defense was absolutely shocking. They hardly put any pressure on the ball. I also feel like G. Rossi was alittle disrespectful towards the US. Idk i know that Podolski when he played against Poland didn't celebrate in the Euros, same with Ronaldo when he scored against Sporting. idk maybe its just me. I also feel like the espn staff seems to try to give excuses why the US lost. They were a man down, they were tired, rossi was born in New Jersey. idk just my opinion

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

united10 wrote:I will say that 3-1 doesn't give the US credit but that second half was pathetic. They were hardly pushing for a draw at 2-1, I understand that the US were a man down because an awful call but still the US played with no heart near the end. Tim Howard the the defense was absolutely shocking. They hardly put any pressure on the ball. I also feel like G. Rossi was alittle disrespectful towards the US. Idk i know that Podolski when he played against Poland didn't celebrate in the Euros, same with Ronaldo when he scored against Sporting. idk maybe its just me. I also feel like the espn staff seems to try to give excuses why the US lost. They were a man down, they were tired, rossi was born in New Jersey. idk just my opinion
A man down most of the game... i think they were decent.

could have done better tho

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

Croatianblood1
Veteran Member

That was a terrible red card. That was a yellow card at most and everyone knows it.

Other than that US didn't play well in the second half. Yeah they were a man down but they left Rossi and de Rossi wide open on those goals.
Somebody needs to step up and challenge them or else they will easily take advantage of such open space.

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

i never said they played good, just being a man down for 70% of the game doesn't help against the world champions...

but yeah they did play really bad in the second half,

on another note, CANT WAIT TILL SPAIN VS. IRAQ, im thinkin iraq is gunna win 3-0

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

NewBornProdigy
Admin

united10 wrote:I will say that 3-1 doesn't give the US credit but that second half was pathetic. They were hardly pushing for a draw at 2-1, I understand that the US were a man down because an awful call but still the US played with no heart near the end. Tim Howard the the defense was absolutely shocking. They hardly put any pressure on the ball. I also feel like G. Rossi was alittle disrespectful towards the US. Idk i know that Podolski when he played against Poland didn't celebrate in the Euros, same with Ronaldo when he scored against Sporting. idk maybe its just me. I also feel like the espn staff seems to try to give excuses why the US lost. They were a man down, they were tired, rossi was born in New Jersey. idk just my opinion
Well man if you came on in the last half hour and scored the most influential goal of the game within seconds of coming on
Mabye you'd be excited to, lol

But he doesn't really owe America much allegience, like he never played for them
The red card was shambolic, mabye if the game actually was getting rough (cause it was a really high tackle) it warrented a red, but the mood wasn't right
Everyone was getting along... ITS NOT FAIR

soccer11
Admin

Well, a loss is a loss and while I'd still like to think the US has a chance, it's a very small chance. I don't see them moving on. I feel we needed a win or at least a tie in this game to really do anything. That being said, if we can play like we did in the first half, I don't think we'll embarrass ourselves against Brazil. We're not a bad team and if we get our sh*t together we can do something.

Wanderer
Veteran Member

Yeh aint a bad performance by the Americans, scoring 3 goals. :P

Having said that, Spain'll prob win the tournament tho. Too good not to.

casar22
Veteran Member

KoNJa04 wrote:i never said they played good, just being a man down for 70% of the game doesn't help against the world champions...

but yeah they did play really bad in the second half,

on another note, CANT WAIT TILL SPAIN VS. IRAQ, im thinkin iraq is gunna win 3-0
Jajajajaja you're funny man jajajaja I can't believe you actually think Spain is going to lose like I said you're the funniest dude ever :D

Bienvenido Cristiano Ronaldo!

truesocceroo
Veteran Member

If it wasnt for that red card USA could have maybe held out for a draw, im sure the guy who got sent off will be feeling it anyway, just a group match. The Italy goals were great though, 2 great strikes but that last goal especially, it was all class from the build up to finish.

ScottyBoy
Veteran Member

The Confederations cup is a joke. I dont see why some countries take it so seriously. Its a crap standard because the players would rather be on a beach. Its played at a ridiculously slow pace and is incredibly boring. It puts teams like spain against teams their under 17's could beat, a pointless competition

One more thing. Those fu**ing HORNS. If those things are still about next year i'll take legal action against South Africa for ruining my world cup viewing experience.

If you want to watch a tournament of decent standard I suggest you watch the European under 21 championships that are on right now.

People who say something cannot be done are often surprised by others doing it.

BGbeast23
Veteran Member

Off topic, but damn:

I think Giuseppe Rossi may be a character created by Topher Grace and FIFA to revive the Italian NT and piss of Americans for an upcoming movie :P .

NewBornProdigy
Admin

ScottyBoy wrote:One more thing. Those fu**ing HORNS. If those things are still about next year i'll take legal action against South Africa for ruining my world cup viewing experience.
I dunno where they get all the blowing power from
Yesterdays commentators were litterally drown out by the horns
It sounded like an extremely high pitch and well supplied fart, that lasted 90 minutes