Offical South Africa 2009 Confederations Cup Thread

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world

Who will win the 2009 Confederations Cup?

Poll ended at 28 Jun 2009, 19:55

South Africa
3%
Iraq
3%
New Zealand
No votes
Spain
44%
Italy
3%
Brazil
21%
United States
24%
Egypt
3%

Total votes: 34

mrbeankid22

What are your thoughts so far. I thought the South Africa v. Iraq game was decent, the Spain v. New Zealand game right now is just complete domination (not that it wasn't expected). Torres hat-trick in 17 minutes.

I'll be waiting for the Italy vs. Brazil group game. :D

perper
New User

i believe spain is going to win hopefully

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I voted Spain because I just saw them brutally rape 11 Kiwi's (with goals :wink: )

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

I'm gonna say Brazil, Spain just beat a bunch of dingbats tho and they have the easier group so I see them in the final too

mint
EF Drug Baron

I vote spain, they are pretty good at the moment and it will have to be an onform side to beat them.
i was made to ignite

mrbeankid22

Spain looked lethal out of the gates, albeit against 'Zealand. I think Brazil-Spain will be a good one, hopefully it will be the final.

South Africa were a bit unlucky today, despite the fact that it wasn't a dominant performance, they should have had a goal with all of their chances. I still favor them to go through as second place finishers in group A.

soccer11
Admin

I'm going to hold off voting until after tomorrow's games because I don't know what to expect from Brazil. If they don't put up a good performance, then I think it'll be Spain because this is such a short tournament so there's not as much chance of them running out of steam. If it was the world cup, i'd worry more because teams that start amazing, usually fail.

mrbeankid22

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Italy have been a bit shotty lately, but Brazil have looked to regained top form in WC qualifying. We'll see tomorrow. I actually believe there is a good chance it might not be Brazil and Italy automatically going to the Semi's as everyone said. Egypt, despite that they are missing Zaki are still a potent threat if the conditions are right, and a United States side that is playing their 'very very' best game may be able to squeak by. We'll find out tomorrow, if this is going to be the Italy/Brazil group or something a lot more intriguing.

soccer11
Admin

I actually think the US will get through and surprise people. I think they have a good chance at winning tomorrow as well. I just don't know what to think about Italy. They're just so up and down. i think Brazil will get all 9 points and the US will get 6, obviously losing to Brazil. The US will bounce back from poor performances I think.

NewBornProdigy
Admin

I can't beleive someone voted Eygpt :D

But Spain just seem too good to be beat, they litteraly had a million chances last night, and regardless of the team the tend to play the same intese/brilliant football
...Although I do love a bit of Samba magic
I hope Kaká and Dinho get playing real brazillian style

arsenalfc08
Veteran Member

The Brazil v Egypt game is exciting early on :D

soccer11
Admin

O wow, this game is getting interesting. Dani Alves is very vulnerable at the right back spot today. I see Maicon playing next game.

KoNJa04
Veteran Member

GO IRAQ!!!!

(my mother land)

If you desire that life then pursuit it.. end of story.. no buts, no hypothetical situations, no what ifs.. you want something go get it ..
~~Panchester07

united10
Veteran Member

Looks like egypt really came to play...this means the US will probably be eliminated with out getting a point

soccer11
Admin

united10 wrote:Looks like egypt really came to play...this means the US will probably be eliminated with out getting a point
haha you're such a optimistic guy. I won't go as far as to say that until I see the game today.