Your nationality.

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
dooglas
Veteran Member

Your nationality.

Post by dooglas » 21 Jun 2005, 02:09

How do you feel about the world cup, lets say you were born in america, but live in frace your whole life, but your american, yet both teams want you to play, France and USA i mean..who would you play for?

this goes for any two countries.

do you decide on who has a better chance at winning, where you will get the most play time, the most recognition. or pride in your true country.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

cHaVa
Veteran Member

Post by cHaVa » 21 Jun 2005, 02:30

I think i would go for the National team that would let me be in most play time. Because i think thats why alot of the Brazilian players are nationalized all over the world, because they know they arent that good enough to bench players like Ronaldinho and Ronaldo.

fir_nev
Sgt. I can't get enough of Asian chicks

Post by fir_nev » 21 Jun 2005, 03:16

I'd play for the country I've been living in for most of my life.

dooglas
Veteran Member

Post by dooglas » 21 Jun 2005, 04:11

i think i would to firnev....would you ever go to another country to get nationalized so you could play for them cuz your not good enough for yours?

i wouldnt.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 21 Jun 2005, 05:25

I wouldn't too. My country does that, though!! They poached in players from Nigeria and Cameroon to play for us with SG$ as bait!!!

Will edit once I get my national team's list.

Edit: Here
Player named Itimi Dickson lured here.
Daniel Benett has been living in Singapore since 2 years old.

dooglas
Veteran Member

Post by dooglas » 21 Jun 2005, 07:08

youd be in the asia qualifying group right...ive never seen your country.

who would you rather be?

jcdenton
Veteran Member

Post by jcdenton » 21 Jun 2005, 07:09

me and my friend from club were once talking how would that be for us to move to san marino, or luxembourg or liechtenstein, some small but rich european country, and to play for their national team, because, really we can easily play there.... :lol:
but what if my national coach called me first....
well, i don't accept this country while it is called SERBIA and montenegro...
montenegro, small stupid republic that wants independence....
they even want their language.... i speak their language, everyone here speaks their language, it is serbian.....
and there is only 500,000 of them....
republica de banana :lol:
it is like belgrade downtown wants it's language and independence....
sorry, but i can't sit with one ass on two chairs...
serbia yes, serbia and montenegro NO!

fir_nev

Post by fir_nev » 21 Jun 2005, 07:22

dooglas wrote:youd be in the asia qualifying group right...ive never seen your country.
Yup, but we can't match Iran, Saudis, Korea and Japan.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Post by frizzyan » 21 Jun 2005, 07:34

Hah interesting topic:

I'm American but my ethnicity is Chinese. I am more than qualified to play for China have played in some national competitions around the regions (even though one bloody injury ruined the day).

But I guess I'll still play for the one that I'm a citizen of. There's a reason why I represent a certain nationality, it's because they protect me and give me my travel documents, but at the same time I'm obliged to serve them when they come calling. Anybody would feel proud serving their country.

No matter how much outside influence I've got from Europeans or Asians, I've grown up always thinking I'm American and will continue to do so.

With that said playing for a national team is almost all youth players dream, mine too. I would mind representing Hong Kong (the place where I live)'s youth team because it's still a challenge to get into, and according to FIFA you are allowed to represent the youth team of the place you live, then represent the country that you are qualified to do so for the First team.

rockinu
New User

Post by rockinu » 04 Sep 2005, 03:20

I would support my country Mexico even if i wasn't getting any playing time, i would help out by training hard with them, i wouldn't change nationality. It's like going to war against your own people, thats how serious the World Cup is.

pancake man
New User

Post by pancake man » 10 Sep 2005, 21:13

I think it's foregoingly irresponsible unless you don't belive the hype around it.
Pan cakes are a nutritious and tasty way to supplement your footballer lifestyle!

Magicfeet

Post by Magicfeet » 10 Sep 2005, 22:18

I believe it is impossible to say, unless you are of two nationalities. If that is the case, I think playing for whichever one you felt most affinity for owuld be the one to play with.

If I had French parents, but lived in Australia for most of my life, I may feel like an Aussie. Yet on the other hand, I may have a deep respect for my French heritage, and want to play for them.

In short... there are too many different variations and connotations to give an answer to this question.

I just don't know. :oops: :lol:

peps1154
Veteran Member

Post by peps1154 » 11 Sep 2005, 12:57

I am Polish but I live int USA However if I had the choice I would go for Poland without even thinking about it cuz they are my people they speak my language, they love the things I love we shear history we are like one big family. With americans I have nothing in common besides my second nationality, I don't even like their national sports that much.

MBanić

Post by MBanić » 04 Sep 2006, 22:12

I'm half Croatian and Half Brazilian, but if i had to choose, I'd play for Croatia, cuz well, the greatest pride any Croatian feels is for his country and anthem.

xDerek

Post by xDerek » 09 Nov 2006, 03:06

PORTUGESE :lol: