african qualifying zone

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

has anyone been paying attention to the african zone? i think there will be some surprises come 2006. here's the group leaders as of now

togo
cote d'ivoire
angola
ghana
morocco

cote d'ivoire play egypt tomorrow, and that will decide who goes into first place
Hala Galacticos

dooglas
Veteran Member

they dont televise the games here, and i dont like their style
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

J
Admin

I wish we got those games televised. Im sure they are very exciting games to watch. I havent even heard of three of those teams so that should be interesting.

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

im lucky i live in africa
i watched the senegal-togo game live from the stadium. and the level isnt low at all. first half was beutiful with a crazy public. it was very fun but in the end it was 2-2 because senegal didnt kill the game in the first half.

silverboots22
New User

African soccer is just not very apealing. I dont know why, it just sint to me. I dont know how senegal beat France in 2002, but trust me, it wont happen again. i think the only time the games are actually good, is when they play against each other.
Don't let my blazing feet blind you!!!!

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

ye i know. senegal cant beat france again
they just had a good team and morale that year. so great things were expected.
by the way u shuldnt generalize too much on african soccer because many of their players play in europe and are forced to adapt to their other teammates styles.

J
Admin

A lot of the best footballers in the world are african. Also in general, the best athletes in the world.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

george weah, patrick mboma, and now michael essien. africa has produced plenty of top level footballers, how could you say their style is anything less than exciting?
Hala Galacticos

pascalfrik

yeah just look at Eto'o playing for Barcelona he almost became the top european scorer.

Maradona
Veteran Member

Never forget Jay-Jay Okocha...
The rules of soccer are very simple, basically it is this: if it moves, kick it. If it doesn’t move, kick it until it does.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

jay jay okocha was the original football wizard. if anyone deserves the title it's him
Hala Galacticos

dooglas
Veteran Member

why do they all play in europe?

its becuz as teams africa is not exciting.
Wow, he just megged three people, maradonas around the last defender, and missed the shot, then not five minutes later a guy on the other team shoots when he gets the ball and scores...

who would you rather be?

*~El Maestro~*
Veteran Member

no its because many countries in africa arent as developed as in europe. and in europe football is very popular because of all the tournaments like euros or world cups or confederation cups etc.

frizzyan
Veteran Member

Yeah europe is where all the big names go to. All south american, african and asian superstars would love to play for a G14 club or Chelski. To play for one of those clubs mean that you're really at the top of the game.

cfrealmadrid
Veteran Member

dooglas wrote:why do they all play in europe?

its becuz as teams africa is not exciting.

or because europe is the only place these players can get the money they deserve?
Hala Galacticos