Why does England not perform very well?

Forum about the biggest sporting event in the world
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 »

and he probably will be. beckham is one of the most motivated athletes in the world. if he wants to be at the world cup, i really believe that he will be.
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

soccer11 wrote:and he probably will be. beckham is one of the most motivated athletes in the world.
That's because he's OCD
soccer11
Admin

Post by soccer11 »

Hugh wrote:
soccer11 wrote:and he probably will be. beckham is one of the most motivated athletes in the world.
That's because he's OCD
ha well...i'm not even going to argue with that because it's true but it still makes him the most motivated
Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz »

soccer11 wrote:
Hugh wrote:
That's because he's OCD
ha well...i'm not even going to argue with that because it's true but it still makes him the most motivated
i cant say im too excited by the currently 33 year old Beckham and will be 35 at the time of World Cup being in the squad. I dont really want him in the squad for 2010 really, Bentley can do the same job he does and there are also the likes of Ashley Young, Shaun Wright-Philips and Aaron Lennon challenging for that role anyway.
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.
Davidson9
Veteran Member

Post by Davidson9 »

and personally out of all of those names I would prefer Ashley Young.

The way I see it is, David Beckham is going to be 35 years old once the tournament rolls around, and he is no Zidane.

He is always going to be in good shape, but not good enough to play the same way Zizou did 2 years ago, and I don't really see him getting into the England squad in 2 years time.

Bentley has an attitude.

Aaron Lennon also has a great chance, because he is fast, technically good, in good shape and young.

To me SWP still hasn't really impressed, I mean coming in from Man City so much was expected of him, but he never really became the great player he was supposed to be, but he still has a good chance.

Ashley Young is my favorite winger in the world, let alone the BPL or the national team, he has loads of skill, REALLY fast and I think that if he and Agbonlahor were playing for England together it would make the team a whole lot better.
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

Davidson9 wrote:and personally out of all of those names I would prefer Ashley Young.

The way I see it is, David Beckham is going to be 35 years old once the tournament rolls around, and he is no Zidane.

He is always going to be in good shape, but not good enough to play the same way Zizou did 2 years ago, and I don't really see him getting into the England squad in 2 years time.

Bentley has an attitude.

Aaron Lennon also has a great chance, because he is fast, technically good, in good shape and young.

To me SWP still hasn't really impressed, I mean coming in from Man City so much was expected of him, but he never really became the great player he was supposed to be, but he still has a good chance.

Ashley Young is my favorite winger in the world, let alone the BPL or the national team, he has loads of skill, REALLY fast and I think that if he and Agbonlahor were playing for England together it would make the team a whole lot better.
Young and Lennon out wide! Stevie G and Hargreaves in the middle, Rooney and Joe Cole up front, JT, Richards, A. Cole and Brown in the back 4! Go England!
Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz »

Hugh wrote:
Davidson9 wrote:and personally out of all of those names I would prefer Ashley Young.

Bentley has an attitude.

Young and Lennon out wide! Stevie G and Hargreaves in the middle, Rooney and Joe Cole up front, JT, Richards, A. Cole and Brown in the back 4! Go England!
Aaron Lennon has a lot of work to do if he is become an England regular, his performances this season arent anywhere near England standard, Bentley would be a far better option despite his attitude. Young is a very good player, but unfrotunately joe cole would be an ineffective forward, especially playing with Rooney lol and no Rio?
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.
Jimaldo

Post by Jimaldo »

I'm hoping by the time of the 2010 world cup, we'll have the likes of Rooney, Lennon, Walcott, Bentley, Abonglahor, Ashley Young, SWP, performing very well. Alot of people seem worried about the future of the England team, but with the right progression we could have a very attacking and pacy team.
Hugh
Veteran Member

Post by Hugh »

Rulezzz wrote:
Hugh wrote:

Bentley has an attitude.

Aaron Lennon has a lot of work to do if he is become an England regular, his performances this season arent anywhere near England standard, Bentley would be a far better option despite his attitude. Young is a very good player, but unfrotunately joe cole would be an ineffective forward, especially playing with Rooney lol and no Rio?
Rio is a druggie, that's why he scores own goals.
2brown347
Veteran Member

Post by 2brown347 »

I don't like joe cole as a forward, I think he plays best as an out side mid, and I think he should be playing on the right, now and probably for the 2010 WC. I also don't see why people always put Gerrand in the middle over Lampard in their line ups. Lampard has impressed me much more then G this season, and overall.
shahensha
Veteran Member

Post by shahensha »

2brown347 wrote: I also don't see why people always put Gerrand in the middle over Lampard in their line ups. Lampard has impressed me much more then G this season, and overall.
prolly because they could get a couple of freekicks and a penalty if Gerrard plays
Jimaldo

Post by Jimaldo »

Or it could be because Gerrard's the better player. :roll:
zcm12

Post by zcm12 »

soccer11 wrote:
zcm12 wrote:
Ballack13 wrote:They are defintley more of a "defence first" team, they dont attack as much as they can, they like to play safe football, and even though they have got some great attackers (rooney, owen, jenas) they dont use them to thier advantage.
Yes I totally agree especially with Owen's injuries but I think they need to get rid of Becks I mean yeah he is a great crosser and has good powerful shots but he can't dribble worth beans. He loses the ball constantly but yeah mainly they need Owen I love that guy (Not gay)
um, the last couple friendlies beckham has clearly been the best player for england. how can you justify saying that beckham should be off the team?
I can justify it by looking at him trying to dribble. He clearly can't and every good footballer should be at least efficient at dribbling maybe if they replaced him with a quick skilled winger who can dribble it to the edge of the goal then whip in a low cross England might do better. just my opinion

HE WILL BE BACK I KNOW IT!
fourstar2

Post by fourstar2 »

If only England can get Scholes to come back and play for them. I think he's the best midfielder England has.
zcm12

Post by zcm12 »

fourstar wrote:If only England can get Scholes to come back and play for them. I think he's the best midfielder England has.
yeah definately agree he's spectacular. but why doesn't he play?

HE WILL BE BACK I KNOW IT!