EFFC II

Expert Football Biennial Anniversary (2004-2006) freestyle competition
sekhri10
EFFC Champion

Post by sekhri10 » 05 Feb 2006, 05:12

expert wrote:
expert wrote:
sekhri10 wrote:you still have to judge the videos against each other but instead of doing one category, wait a week, do another category, wait a week...etc. you did it all at once. last time it was all based on points...this is the same idea but you just combine it at one time. so you could have 4 categories
for example let's just pick skill, creativity, flow, execution. rate each video against the rest for each category, add up the points and then have maybe a final 2 in which it's rated on overall or something. thats just what i was thinking since it will save time and it still follows the judging from the first competition....
When you make the judges rank a video in all categories at once this is what will happen: If they like a particular video, they'll score it high in all categories which is wrong
sekhri10 wrote:also by doing it all at once it makes it more fair for everyone...because if the first round is decided by skill and someone may not show a lot of skill but is very creative they would most likely get knocked out before the creative round comes into play. where if it was done all at once then they would be rewarded for their creativity and it would help their overall point total. so it would benefit a lot of people im sure in the end.
I already said that there won't be elimination in EFFC II.

Splitting the contest into two parts, as aZn freestyler mentioned, is not a good idea. Among other things there probably won't be enough entrants for it anyway. I think we should have four categories:
1. Style, flow or execution of the tricks
2. Complexity or ambitiousness of the tricks
3. Creativity and originality
4. Entertainment value
After the four rounds, all the points are added up. The two videos with the most points advance in a final for the "best clip". The two videos with the most points from rounds 3 & 4 advance in another final for the "most entertaining clip".

Suggestions are welcome
most of that is basically the same idea i was saying. of course if someone likes a video they'll most likely rate it high in everything. but theres no way to stop that regardless of how you split up the rounds. i just suggested all at once to save time...guess im an anxious person :D

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 05 Feb 2006, 05:15

i like what expert says...it sounds simple but effective...especially the bit about how the highest 2 of Creativity and originality and Entertainment value will go into another final...personally it sounds like it'll just work...
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

australian freestyle crew "FDU"'s website..check it out...
http://www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

sekhri10
EFFC Champion

Post by sekhri10 » 05 Feb 2006, 05:18

i'm sure it'll work pretty well..hopefully a good amount of people enter :?

Roonablo
Sophomore Member

Post by Roonablo » 05 Feb 2006, 19:33

I like the idea of how expert worked the competition out, i say we stick with that, but i don't think we should do it like last time wait like 5 days and judge a category :?

I'm definately up for this competition if the format expert has suggested goes ahead, i think it suits all freestyler capabilites. So therefore is fair to everyone.
Greatness will come to those who wait.

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 14 Feb 2006, 12:05

hey expert....the mini ball thats to be won...is it the same ball as shown in the diagram promotin the comp?....or was that just and example....

and this is probs a stupid question but wat size is the mini ball...coz i;ve had ppl tell me its 0 and others telling me its 1.....so if u could stop the confusion..lol...thnks...
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 14 Feb 2006, 14:55

Roonablo wrote:but i don't think we should do it like last time wait like 5 days and judge a category :?
Ok. Fair enough, we'll do all categories in one round.

aZn freestyler, here are the prizes:
I think it's size 1, but I have to check to make certain.

lil italy
Veteran Member

Post by lil italy » 15 Feb 2006, 05:47

this comp is gonna be great by the sound of it, and the mini ball looks awesome. good luck evryone.

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 15 Feb 2006, 06:41

I dunno whether to enter or not....I know i wont stand a chance up against some of the greater freestylers so i was thinkin of makin a funny video but i dunno yet.....

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 15 Feb 2006, 07:59

y not micky...just for the heck of it.... :lol:

R9KEvinR9
Veteran Member

Post by R9KEvinR9 » 15 Feb 2006, 12:23

I think i have a good chance to come in 3rd or so. :lol:

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 06 Mar 2006, 06:14

hey expert....who are the judges for the comp....coz from what i see...half of the EFFC 1 judges dont regularly post nemore....

lil italy
Veteran Member

Post by lil italy » 06 Mar 2006, 06:29

i will be a judge if everyone is happy with dat..
I think its all good in terms of fairness and stuff. If nobody enters i get the ball :wink:

p.s expert can the judges get a ball??? :D lol

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 06 Mar 2006, 09:43

lil italy.....in case you havent noticed....3 ppl entered already...

0wen4ever
Mira
Me...

sputnik made a vid, not sure whether officially entered...

and no judges dont a get a ball...lol...

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 06 Mar 2006, 16:02

i officially entered. but itll suck with only four people, cmon people get vid making.
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

lil italy
Veteran Member

Post by lil italy » 07 Mar 2006, 05:58

aZn freestyler wrote:lil italy.....in case you havent noticed....3 ppl entered already...

0wen4ever
Mira
Me...

sputnik made a vid, not sure whether officially entered...

and no judges dont a get a ball...lol...
lol yer i no ppl already entered, i just really like the look of that mini ball lol
i would try and make a funny vid but i got no camera and no money to buy a camera... :(
life sucks.. oh well, at least we got soccer