EFFC II

Expert Football Biennial Anniversary (2004-2006) freestyle competition
Owen4ever
Veteran Member

Post by Owen4ever » 15 Jan 2006, 00:53

hey expert, i went to send in my video but it didn't work.

MickyD#9
Veteran Member

Post by MickyD#9 » 19 Jan 2006, 10:09

lol :lol: . good luck Cosmin and Geosh but your vid wont be as good as mine :twisted:

FD_ FOR_MS-What's Missing?
www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 25 Jan 2006, 12:58

maybe i could try and do a funi vid....and win the mini ball....what kind of mini ball is it expert??
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

australian freestyle crew "FDU"'s website..check it out...
http://www.freestylersdownunder.com/forum

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 25 Jan 2006, 14:26

yep...definitely entering the EFFC 2 for the fun of it...y not....not planning to come first...but i plan to entertain...which is the way to go right?...i might even get the mini ball :lol: :wink:
The meaning of "PERSERVERANCE" is trying to master a freestyle trick that you just can't seem to do.......

jellyman
New User

Post by jellyman » 28 Jan 2006, 00:15

heres what i think i think that regular viewer rather than just site moderators should have a say in wether the video makes it to the next round or not. Last time i think(no offense) the moderators were kinda lazy and each video only saw like two moderators post on it. I'm not saying the regular viewer should have an equal say to the moderator but maybe the viewers could vote and that percentage could be somehow added into whether the freestyler makes it to the next round. Also I think the competion should have a link on the main freestyle page so its easyier to get to. Then more people know about it and popularity will be generated. Thats what i got to say. Tell me if you're feelin it.

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 28 Jan 2006, 00:50

thats a decent, if a little vague, suggestion man, nice thinking.

Basically all these ideas are good and helpful. expert should just pick one he thinks best, as hes runnning the comp, or mix and match the best ideas.

heres what i think:
anyone over a certain post count (say 50) and/or people with a freestyle vid on the site should be elligable to judge. Those who are elligable and want to judge, should apply to join the EFFCII judges so only people who will help judge will apply. Freestylers in EFFCII cannot judge for obvious reasons.

the competition should be separated into four rounds like last time. as the number of applicants is not yet known the number of eliminations per round cannot yet be decided. the subjects should be the same as last time as i feel they worked well *skill-ambitiousness and complexity of the tricks, length of the video in relation to the variety of the tricks-*,*creativity-originality and arrangement of the tricks, editing and concept of the video-*, *style- execution of the tricks (flow), music and background theme*, *overall*.

I think last time it was unfair to have the order of these rounds decided as such, so someone who failed the first round but would have won the second round, was eliminated in the first round. To eliminate this problem i prepose something as such; having every subject rated in one round for each competitor out of ten (for skill creativity and style), and for 'overall' each competitor is ranked in order of judges preference. the number of their rank is then taken away from their other score to get their total score (for that judge, and round).

After a set number of days, the total scores from each judge for each competitor are added up, and X number of people with the least votes are elminated. After that the process is repeated for so many rounds until two are left. Then the judges and public vote for who to win.

Note: judges must have reviewd every video (at least a small paragraph) to show they have watched each vid before ranking.

i feel this is a good system, but as their are quite a few ideas you may want to use some and not others.

comments guys?
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

Sputnik

Post by Sputnik » 30 Jan 2006, 17:52

anyone? expert in particular
  (¯`v´¯)
   `·.¸.·´
  ¸.·´¸.·´¨)    ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´      (¸.·´      (¸.·´´·¸¸.·¨¯`

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 30 Jan 2006, 22:53

jellyman wrote:i think that regular viewer rather than just site moderators should have a say in wether the video makes it to the next round or not. Last time i think(no offense) the moderators were kinda lazy and each video only saw like two moderators post on it.
It was never "moderators only". It just so happened that only 3 people (me, prtglsoccerfan22 and Tierney) actually took the time to review all the vids.
Sputnik wrote:anyone over a certain post count (say 50) and/or people with a freestyle vid on the site should be elligable to judge. Those who are elligable and want to judge, should apply to join the EFFCII judges so only people who will help judge will apply. Freestylers in EFFCII cannot judge for obvious reasons.
I agree. But having too many judges could be a problem too, because one judge may review 1 or 2 videos and then disappear. Should his vote be counted in that case? I don't think it should. It's better to have fewer judges who take their time then many who are not thorough.
Sputnik wrote:I think last time it was unfair to have the order of these rounds decided as such, so someone who failed the first round but would have won the second round, was eliminated in the first round. To eliminate this problem i prepose something as such; having every subject rated in one round for each competitor out of ten (for skill creativity and style), and for 'overall' each competitor is ranked in order of judges preference. the number of their rank is then taken away from their other score to get their total score (for that judge, and round).
Yes, it was a bit unfair.
Sputnik wrote:After a set number of days, the total scores from each judge for each competitor are added up, and X number of people with the least votes are elminated. After that the process is repeated for so many rounds until two are left. Then the judges and public vote for who to win.
That's too complicated. I suggest scrapping the whole elimination thing, just rate the videos in all categories and then have a "face-off" with the final 2. Any ideas on how to determine the funniest or most entertaining vid? Maybe have another round for "entertainment value" alone?

Ivan
Veteran Member

Post by Ivan » 31 Jan 2006, 00:06

expert wrote:
jellyman wrote:i think that regular viewer rather than just site moderators should have a say in wether the video makes it to the next round or not. Last time i think(no offense) the moderators were kinda lazy and each video only saw like two moderators post on it.
It was never "moderators only". It just so happened that only 3 people (me, prtglsoccerfan22 and Tierney) actually took the time to review all the vids.
sorry i did like 2 videos but then i got a lung infection and it got really bad so i didnt go on for about 2 weeks :(

sekhri10
EFFC Champion

Post by sekhri10 » 01 Feb 2006, 08:34

Might be good to have 2 categories in which people can choose to enter:
1. entertainment/funny videos (mini-ball)
2. freestyle skill (tango ball)

I'd say that you can do all the 4 "rounds" at once (or however many types of things are being looked at).

Should the contestants be expected to do more than one style (lower, upper, ground, sitdowns)? I didnt know thats what people were looking for last time so I didnt put any in there. Just curious so I know if I should practice other stuff as well....

aZn freestyler
Veteran Member

Post by aZn freestyler » 01 Feb 2006, 08:56

im not sure about splitting it into 2 catgeories (funny and skill)....as someone could have a really funny one in the skill section...and people might try and do a funi vid void of any freestyling...though i doubt that will happen....u just have to be cautious....

here's my suggestion. Do it the same way as expert is planning on doing the normal judgin. The jugdes rate the vid on how funny/entertaining it was...this could go under the heading "funny factor" or sumthing like that..... The top 2 vids have a face off....simple...but works. What do u think expert and others?

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 01 Feb 2006, 18:56

sekhri10 wrote:I'd say that you can do all the 4 "rounds" at once (or however many types of things are being looked at).
I don't think that's a good idea since it would make it harder to judge each video's specific qualities. Like for example, if a judge dislikes a particular video he'll score it low in all categories. But if the rating is seprated in rounds, judges have to compare all videos to each other in order to determine which one is the "most skillful" or "most creative" and so on
sekhri10 wrote:Should the contestants be expected to do more than one style (lower, upper, ground, sitdowns)? I didnt know thats what people were looking for last time so I didnt put any in there. Just curious so I know if I should practice other stuff as well....
Great question. Your personal repertoire is not important. But it is important that your video excels in all categories like complexity, creativity or innovation, trick execution or flow, etc

sekhri10
EFFC Champion

Post by sekhri10 » 02 Feb 2006, 05:21

I don't think that's a good idea since it would make it harder to judge each video's specific qualities. Like for example, if a judge dislikes a particular video he'll score it low in all categories. But if the rating is seprated in rounds, judges have to compare all videos to each other in order to determine which one is the "most skillful" or "most creative" and so on
you still have to judge the videos against each other but instead of doing one category, wait a week, do another category, wait a week...etc. you did it all at once. last time it was all based on points...this is the same idea but you just combine it at one time. so you could have 4 categories
for example let's just pick skill, creativity, flow, execution. rate each video against the rest for each category, add up the points and then have maybe a final 2 in which it's rated on overall or something. thats just what i was thinking since it will save time and it still follows the judging from the first competition....

sekhri10
EFFC Champion

Post by sekhri10 » 05 Feb 2006, 01:56

also by doing it all at once it makes it more fair for everyone...because if the first round is decided by skill and someone may not show a lot of skill but is very creative they would most likely get knocked out before the creative round comes into play. where if it was done all at once then they would be rewarded for their creativity and it would help their overall point total. so it would benefit a lot of people im sure in the end.

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 05 Feb 2006, 05:01

sekhri10 wrote:you still have to judge the videos against each other but instead of doing one category, wait a week, do another category, wait a week...etc. you did it all at once. last time it was all based on points...this is the same idea but you just combine it at one time. so you could have 4 categories
for example let's just pick skill, creativity, flow, execution. rate each video against the rest for each category, add up the points and then have maybe a final 2 in which it's rated on overall or something. thats just what i was thinking since it will save time and it still follows the judging from the first competition....
When you make the judges rank a video in all categories at once this is what will happen: If they like a particular video, they'll score it high in all categories which is wrong
sekhri10 wrote:also by doing it all at once it makes it more fair for everyone...because if the first round is decided by skill and someone may not show a lot of skill but is very creative they would most likely get knocked out before the creative round comes into play. where if it was done all at once then they would be rewarded for their creativity and it would help their overall point total. so it would benefit a lot of people im sure in the end.
I already said that there won't be elimination in EFFC II.

Splitting the contest into two parts, as aZn freestyler mentioned, is not a good idea. Among other things there probably won't be enough entrants for it anyway. I think we should have four categories:
1. Style, flow or execution of the tricks
2. Complexity or ambitiousness of the tricks
3. Creativity and originality
4. Entertainment value
After the four rounds, all the points are added up. The two videos with the most points advance in a final for the "best clip". The two videos with the most points from rounds 3 & 4 advance in another final for the "most entertaining clip".

Suggestions are welcome