Where are they now 2007

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
expert
Site Admin

Where are they now 2007

Post by expert » 24 Mar 2007, 23:28

SuperSyed (South African freestyler, former EFFC champion)
What have you been up to in real life?
Im busy with university, stuying IT Management 2nd year, and still freestyling and looking for a club.
How is your soccer career going?
Freestyle wise, i'm in a comeback stage after taking a few months break, i'l be sure to post my new vid on EF.
Where do you see yourself in 1-5 years?
A pretty advanced freestyler,and hopefully playing for South Africa(Pretty long shot)

Owen4ever (Ed, freestyler from Canada)
In real life I've been up to lotsa things. It's my last year of high school now so there lotsa work to be done in school, as well lots of work to be done to try and complete a portfolio and a personal statement to get into art college afterwards. Been hanging out with my friends lots, going out, drinking, that sorta stuff. And also been busy with my girlfriend, Gabriela, who's now been with me for half a year. Had a job at 7-eleven for a few months, got a few thousand bucks, and I'm gunna use it all on going to Europe this summer (England, Holland, etc.).
I've done a few freestyle performances such as the one up in Edmonton for a 3v3 event, and some thing at school to raise money for clean water for Haiti, and done a skillz camp with rob walters. But now I've kinda gotten tired of this freestyle thing and moved on to street football and ground moves. I played an indoor season with a really crappy team and gotten them to 2nd in the city and in the province, and now just about to head into the school season.
Various scenarios pop into my head as for what I might be doing or where I might be in 1-5 years. Hopefully I'll get into art college, and after a year of general artsy stuff I'll make up my mind on the things I've narrowed in on (graphics design, animation, or maybe video/film productions). But then again, I'm never completely totally sure about things like that so as for now I'm just tryina live life as if comes and I'm tryin not to look too far ahead and focusin on what's happenin now. Cheers, Edward

madridfc (the first girl on EF)
Well, now I'm a junior in high school. This year I'm studying abroad in Spain.
Well at the end of my freshman year and start of my sophomore year, soccer wasn't so important to me. It wasn't an obsession any more, at least. Although it might sound silly, that was really hard to come to terms with, because soccer used to be like my identity, and then it wasn't. I still play, but it's not like it was before. I'd rather take it less seriously and kick a ball around with friends than play on a team.
I've become really interested in languages...hence the school year in Spain thing. I like the idea of being an interpreter in various languages, like Spanish, Arabic, French, and I donno. Maybe Swahili! Anyways, in 1-5 years I plan going to college, perhaps majoring in a foreign language or something like that, and after that I really have no idea. I have a lot of interests and am still not sure what I want to do.
Well I hope all is well at expertfootball.com! I'll always remember it as the best soccer forum ever! I hope everyone who remembers me from the forums took my advice to heart, and I wish everyone the best with their future soccer endeavors! Yours, madridfc.

prtglsoccerfan22 (Matt, former mod from Eastern US)
In real life, I've been busy with school work, trying to graduate :-/ lol work too, busy. got to start saving for a car.
Soccer wise, I've been contacting college coaches and I'm going to attend a community college for first 2 years of college to play soccer. Manchester Community College. Check it out. Won 3 out of the past 5 national championships for their division so its pretty good soccer. Know some players on the team so it even better. And right now I'm playing on a U19 premier team for Southeast Connecticut.
In the next few years I hope to make some kind of name for myself in the soccer community. Play some college soccer some more, hopefully got to a 4 year division III college to play some soccer. Higher level of competition. Hopefully after college I hope to move to L.A. in looks for a job over there

D347H574R (one of the founders of freestylersdownunder.com)
In real-life its just been my school and sport, nothin else is worth it.
I've just been playin football as often as possible (bout 5 times a week). Just concentratin on developing my skills and improving as much as possible.
Next year I will be going down to Melbourne and trialling with some clubs there (possibly might go to Europe for trials). Assuming I were to continue improving as I have been in recent times I would have the ability to make the A-League here in Australia in a few years time (I'm only 15 atm), and uf that happens i guess i'd just see where it took me

matt (former mod from UK)
I am now doing my AS Levels at Hills Road Sxith Form College, studying Biology, English, History and Psyhcology. Having a pretty good time too. Most notable recent achievment was climbing Mount Kilimanjaro in February.
Still playing football semi-regularly, probably improved slightly but not noticeably. Have almost mastered ATW.
In 5 years, I will be at university (thinking of applying to Oxford) studying History before becoming a barrister. Might take a gap year in India

Shenker (lanky freestyler from NY)
Ive been busy with school and sports
Been freestyling consistently since January 06' and played varsity soccer this summer
I see myself in college

fil10
I've been way to busy with school and sports at school
What have you been up to soccer-wise?
tryouts just started and i freestyle alot too
i see myself playing some college or university soccer team:))

Magicfeet (true EF legend and wiseman_philosopher antithesis)
Final year of University - Going to have to start paying my way in life soon. *Shudder*
Playing football for my university, including a recent game at Leicester City's Walkers Stadium in front of 6,000 people.
I'll be another cog in the corporate machine, I guess. Unless I win the lottery. Which I won't, as I don't enter. Hmm.

Sputnik (recovering EF addict and freestyler from the UK)
A Levels (A, B, C & D), getting back into freestyle
my A was in psychology, B in English, C in maths, D in physics
i still look around here and have made about 2 posts i think recently.
First Fs Demo since june soon. might post it here but itll get no replies.. :?
Actually no idea

af2266 aka arian
I have been too busy with school work, soccer and high school cross country and track. I also have been trying to get together with a band(not working out, they are lazy). Also I have been trying to work on some muscle mass, as I lose fat, I get easy to knock around. School is fine, I've really been motivated lately to do things such as math and chemistry and physics. I have been trying to read up on books (during my huge soccer training phase, school was number 3 to me, under soccer and guitar), and have been enjoying lots of that lately. I plan on graduating in 09' (I"m a sophomore now) with at least a 4.5 GPA.
Soccer wise, I have been guest playing for people, got to see a team from Germany come down and play in an international Easter tournamet. I have been having lessons with a man from brazil, but had to quit do to track. Lately though soccer has been a time absorbing thing and I can't get important things done first. But it's not somehting I'm about to quit, since I have been doing this since I was a little kid at 5.
In 1-5 years, I will probably just play for a club as a side thing, and I will be in college, trying to go for whatever I decide to pursue (something math/science orientated). Mabye I will finally settle down with some cool girl ;) no time for drama now though. Soccerwise though, like I implied, it won't be anything big, but I still want to do it, because it's something I always have been loving since I was a kid.
Last edited by expert on 12 Apr 2007, 16:43, edited 10 times in total.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 24 Mar 2007, 23:44

Sounds like their lives are going just spiffy! Interesting!

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 25 Mar 2007, 00:25

That's cool, I hope I get one of those things if I ever leave. (not saying i'm going to but you never know) ;)

J
Admin

Post by J » 25 Mar 2007, 01:31

Thats pretty cool that some wrote back. When did you send the emails out?

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 25 Mar 2007, 01:33

J wrote:When did you send the emails out?
Few hours ago.
J wrote:Thats pretty cool that some wrote back.
I know, I was suprised that people responded so quickly.
Let's see if somebody else will step forward.

ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc » 25 Mar 2007, 03:17

Very cool idea to send those emails out. :wink:

I enjoyed reading that.
Click it

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 25 Mar 2007, 04:22

Yeah, it's awesome that they wrote back so fast! Who else did you send an email to? I think you mentioned *yung-ital*, right?

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 25 Mar 2007, 11:18

yeh i couldnt believe they replied so fast actually i was expecting it to be a few days at the least. Well atleast there doing good in life, and should be good if the others reply aswell.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 25 Mar 2007, 12:49

That's cool they replied, i just hope my life never becomes to busy for me to stop taking soccer as a passion, because that's the way i want it to be. It's cool though that their lives are going on very well, but it seems like they lost something for soccer as they got older... Just hope that doesn't happen to me.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

expert
Site Admin

Post by expert » 25 Mar 2007, 12:55

gnarlyjim wrote:Who else did you send an email to?
Everybody in this usergroup
AmericanFutballer wrote:i just hope my life never becomes to busy for me to stop taking soccer as a passion
That IS a recurring theme in their stories, isn't it

PS. This is a very intriguing topic, a peek into the future of YOU, the EF populace :)

powell
English Meister

Post by powell » 27 Mar 2007, 20:37

i see you have added a few mor people on there good to see they are enjoying life, good to see prtglsoccerfan22 back here and matt well matt maybe not so much but seen him browzing the forums at the weekend!

Im interested to see if anyone has made a gaint leap towards becoming pro yet.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim » 28 Mar 2007, 02:28

Wow, that's really cool that "matt" climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro! Definitely and accomplishment!!

Real_Zidane
Veteran Member

Post by Real_Zidane » 28 Mar 2007, 22:45

Yeah, that's got to be amazing. I've always wanted to climb a respectable mountain like that. In fact i've even thought about becoming a climber if I somehow can never play football again, or maybe climb during my spare time ;)

I don't know...i'm weird...

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 29 Mar 2007, 01:21

Real_Zidane wrote: I don't know...i'm weird...
I second that.

Soccer4Life
Guide Goddess

Post by Soccer4Life » 31 Mar 2007, 18:59

Expert, I wonder if you could try to get ahold of Star. Last I heard of him he was playing for the Santos. I would be very interested to see where he's gotten to. Just an idea...