ben23

Ben's Progress Log

Post by ben23 »

Well, I decided to do a progress log

Today I...
stretched
ran 3 miles
ran a half mile w/ ball just to get some touches
did some drills with the wall i.e passing then trapping, one touches, passing then dribbling, passing then turning 180 degrees, etc
practiced the scissors
juggled for while
practiced my shooting inside with this cheap new goal i got
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Awesome. Logs really help in keeping concentrated on your training. Can you give me a link to the "cheap new goal" you bought? Anyway, good luck, keep us updated.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

http://www.amazon.com/Mylec-Folding-Spo ... 50-5261511
i bought that one off amazon, it's not as good as i had hoped but it suits my needs, oh and the price went up 4$ since i bought it but whatever.

there was another set that looked interesting too and a deluxe version of that for 20$ more here
http://www.amazon.com/SOCCER-GOAL-SET/d ... 50-5261511

and also this one looks ok but i didn't look to hard at it

http://www.amazon.com/6-Folding-Soccer- ... 50-5261511
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

Cool. Those are nice and cheap solutions for anyone needing a goal. The last one looks a little nicer. Maybe its just me, but it looks more sturdy, although that could be contributed to the fact that I think metal is better than plastic :P . Anyway, thanks.
ajc
The Philly Flyer

Post by ajc »

Ben23, is the first goal you put up the link to, the one that you got, is it sturdy enough to take shots on? It looks like it would get smashed into the street if I tried to shoot on it lol. How is it for training?
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

I was under the impression that you used a mini-ball with it? If not, that looks pretty flimsy. Hit the post too hard and it'll snap lol.
iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro »

Dude... that first goal is the one we use for in hockey at school. My P.E. teacher got really mad at me when I shot my football at it, it is made out of plastic pvc pipe. I strongly advise you to not use that for shooting. I bought a metal goal that folds up, with a net in the back, and it works fine, only costed $25. I bought it at Wally World. I hate the store, but it was cheap so I bought it.
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

iwannagopro wrote:Dude... that first goal is the one we use for in hockey at school. My P.E. teacher got really mad at me when I shot my football at it, it is made out of plastic pvc pipe. I strongly advise you to not use that for shooting. I bought a metal goal that folds up, with a net in the back, and it works fine, only costed $25. I bought it at Wally World. I hate the store, but it was cheap so I bought it.
Yeah, I thought it might be the same as my road hockey net. I guarantee after three shots maximum, it'll break. Oh well, if its a mini-ball it might last longer.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

lol i told you it wasn't that great, but i have some pillows and stuff behind it so it doesn't fall over and if it breaks then ill get another one. no sense in not using it up even though it sucks. i don't know what i'm gonna do if i want to use it outside but i'll probably be going down to the park more in the summer anyways
ben23

Post by ben23 »

gnarlyjim wrote:
iwannagopro wrote:Dude... that first goal is the one we use for in hockey at school. My P.E. teacher got really mad at me when I shot my football at it, it is made out of plastic pvc pipe. I strongly advise you to not use that for shooting. I bought a metal goal that folds up, with a net in the back, and it works fine, only costed $25. I bought it at Wally World. I hate the store, but it was cheap so I bought it.
Yeah, I thought it might be the same as my road hockey net. I guarantee after three shots maximum, it'll break. Oh well, if its a mini-ball it might last longer.
i already took like 20
ben23

Post by ben23 »

Saturday I wasn't able to do much but at my friends house we played this game which is like 2v2 with 1 constant defender, so one team + the defender has to get the ball from the other team of two, who can pass it around and such. we played it with an American football.

today i had a soccer game, we lost 3-2. i think i'm going to work on my ball control in a few minutes too but i dont have much time because of the superbowl
ben23

Post by ben23 »

lifted weights and ran stairs.
practiced juggling, shooting, passing
ben23

Post by ben23 »

tuesday
worked out w/ tennis team i've decided to play this spring and they are doing preseason stuff tuesdays and thursdays. i've decided to play because i need something to do and it's a short season.

wednsday
lifted weight's, ran stairs and did some stuff on a stationary bike.

did some juggling and practiced shooting/ passing both days
ben23

Post by ben23 »

thursday
worked out with the tennis team again, we ran and it was pretty easy so i geuss the work is paying off
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Post by gnarlyjim »

ben23 wrote:
gnarlyjim wrote:
i already took like 20
You should work on your shot power. :P Joking.

Good to hear your training is going ok. Keep it up.