Ben's Progress Log

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
ben23

Post by ben23 »

the goal did start giving me problems, i ducktaped all the weak points and so far thats working.

anyways, friday i ran hills and juggled, probably should have done more but i just wasnt in the mood.

saturday
i went skiing all day, only my third time of seriously trying and my first time this year, i got parellel skiing down pretty well i think but i go down slow and have trouble on steep trails too. i did fall pretty bad once though, and hurt my leg
so i haven't done anything today. i might do some light stuff in a little while but i don't want to strain anything because i want to start training seriously again tomarrow
ben23

Post by ben23 »

havent updated for a while but ive been doing stuff, i'll start updating more now. going outside to train as we speak
ben23

Post by ben23 »

i stopped updating this cause, well, i really dont need the motivation from it. i can do it on my own. what i do need is my routine to be criticized.
about me:
15 years old 6'2"(188cm) 195lbs
ran a 6:50 mile a week ago. in terms of speed im kind of fast. i've done alot of speed work lately. however i need to work on my acceleration especially. when im racing someone which i have done a couple times lately its not uncommon for them to get an early head start on me and then for me to catch up and pass them.
i'm pretty strong and decent at shielding the ball.
dribbling im pretty decent. i have decent control. i'm pretty good at scissors, double scissors, faking a kick, lunging, and passing behind my foot.

my left foot is similar to my right in terms of dribbling and square passing. however i cannot do the instep drive with my left foot. with my right it is pretty good but there is definetly alot of room for improvement.

although im pretty good with trapping and pass accuracy, i am slow when i get the ball. i think it is a problem of indecisiveness.

im pretty bad at heading the ball. i don't shy away from the ball i just have bad technique.

i can't juggle at all. my record is 15 but i usually get like 5 or 6...

this routine is intended for use over summer break and also on the weekends/ vacation days between then and now. i will try to implement parts of it during the week but it is hard because i have tennis practice and school.

lots of stretching
jog 3-6 miles or occaisionally ride my bike for 90 minutes+(

speed work will consist of sprinting hills or other short sprints with a recovery of jogging back.

1000 toe touches a day
500 times passing back and forth between each foot

lots of juggling mixed into training.

5-20 mins of just dribbling around

practicing old moves and learning new dribbling moves for as long as long as it takes

cone drills im mostly thinking along the lines of just dribbling through cones. recommendations here would be helpful.

i have a wall that is fine for practicing square passing through multiple drills, but has no corner and is not high enough for shooting against.

i will perform the drills from here for square passes using both feet http://expertfootball.com/gossip/answer.php?qid=535

shooting, vollying, and heading will be harder.

i have a park relatively nearby that has soccer goals and i can shoot on those. i was thinking along the lines of 50-100 shots off of each foot. the problem is there is alot of idle time when im getting the ball, even if i bring 2 or 3. theres no really good walls for this purpose nearby, ill keep looking though.

volleying and heading will be much harder to practice. i will try to practice this with my friend(s) at the park but we usually do 1v1 or small sides stuff, which i find is the best thing to do. recommendations for how to practice this on my own would be really helpful, theres not much stuff on that around the site.

there will also be captains practices over the summer. we will mostly be playing world cup/ small side games at those.

i will also weight lift/ work on abs alot, ill try to do this 2-3 times a week.
Ballack13
Veteran Member

my free time

Post by Ballack13 »

all i do to keep my cool is play with little nets against my bro in the yard or at the park, helps u wiht control and touch.
ben23

Post by ben23 »

lol thats all i get for responses. im not trying to be rude, but considering i wrote like an essay i'd like some more comments.
thisisdard
Veteran Member

Post by thisisdard »

You seem really dedicated to the sport! Keep on going. :wink:
Sorry if Ive never posted in yours even if Ive been viewing this a couple of times. Hahaha.

PS, You might wanna check mine out :shock:
ben23

Post by ben23 »

lol yeah i glanced through it, its funny: :twisted: :D :wink:
thisisdard
Veteran Member

Post by thisisdard »

ben23 wrote:lol yeah i glanced through it, its funny: :twisted: :D :wink:
Ive been getting that a lot recently. :lol: ;
or perhaps its just insane!