Going to Make it...

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 23 Dec 2007, 02:51

Kakasgotskillz wrote:Awesome improvement on juggling. Are your team off-season practices indoor?
No I'm afraid there is no indoor season here in florida lol. What our coach is doing is having saturday practices, which isn't really enough for me :wink:.
ageorge wrote:It sounds like the problems you had making your high school roster were technical issues, I noticed you spent a lot of time juggling and running, fitness is good but you should put a lot more emphasis on ball control, practice having the ball in control out of the air on the ground in one touch and being able to redirect your touches on your first touch. Look around for videos explaining technical things.
Actually my first touch is quite impressive, mind you I've been practicing alot over break on this so I'm not sure how it compared to tryouts. Anyways i totally agree, however i think my problem was motion with and without the ball. I have excellent defensive positioning and knowing where i'm supposed to be etc., but when I go and move the ball forward is when my skill level really drops, that's what I'm working on right now.

Anyways, Highschool coach of JV team apparently quit because the team was so bad, varsity isn't doing too hot either. The girls teams are doing phenominal however...

So, update since I've never been on this site in like the past month because of school and soccer I'll give you guys a run down on whats happened...

Now, everyday of the week except Sundays I run with my friend at the track for about an hour, also doing abwork, and other things related to fitness, like sprints and stuff. This is just so that I don't get out of shape over the off season. Also, I meet up with another friend and we play soccer usually once I'm done running track so that's helping me alot with ball skills (since he's not very good :wink:) anyways this is just a prep for our practices which resume in January for the region cup tourny we're having. I'll try and tell you guys how that goes :D.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

dareliss
Veteran Member

Post by dareliss » 23 Dec 2007, 03:30

AmericanFutballer wrote:
Kakasgotskillz wrote:Awesome improvement on juggling. Are your team off-season practices indoor?
No I'm afraid there is no indoor season here in florida lol. What our coach is doing is having saturday practices, which isn't really enough for me :wink:.
ageorge wrote:It sounds like the problems you had making your high school roster were technical issues, I noticed you spent a lot of time juggling and running, fitness is good but you should put a lot more emphasis on ball control, practice having the ball in control out of the air on the ground in one touch and being able to redirect your touches on your first touch. Look around for videos explaining technical things.
Actually my first touch is quite impressive, mind you I've been practicing alot over break on this so I'm not sure how it compared to tryouts. Anyways i totally agree, however i think my problem was motion with and without the ball. I have excellent defensive positioning and knowing where i'm supposed to be etc., but when I go and move the ball forward is when my skill level really drops, that's what I'm working on right now.

Anyways, Highschool coach of JV team apparently quit because the team was so bad, varsity isn't doing too hot either. The girls teams are doing phenominal however...

So, update since I've never been on this site in like the past month because of school and soccer I'll give you guys a run down on whats happened...

Now, everyday of the week except Sundays I run with my friend at the track for about an hour, also doing abwork, and other things related to fitness, like sprints and stuff. This is just so that I don't get out of shape over the off season. Also, I meet up with another friend and we play soccer usually once I'm done running track so that's helping me alot with ball skills (since he's not very good :wink:) anyways this is just a prep for our practices which resume in January for the region cup tourny we're having. I'll try and tell you guys how that goes :D.
We do have indoor season in Florida, It began coupe months ago.
Impossible Is Nothing. Impossible is the last shot. Impossible is the last game.

Sig by me... :)

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 25 Dec 2007, 16:13

All i was saying was that its not that popular, atleast for me and in my town, i can play on a field every month of the year so it doesn't matter if i play indoor. :wink:
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

ageorge
Veteran Member

Post by ageorge » 25 Dec 2007, 17:45

Actually my first touch is quite impressive, mind you I've been practicing alot over break on this so I'm not sure how it compared to tryouts

Well that depends on what level of play you want to be at and what your goal is. My goal would have been to start varsity and win awards, but yours is to make the JV team. It really is what you are aiming for.

No matter what you think your touch is it can always get better, the best in the world admit they haven't learned everything yet.
Also by technique I meant all aspects, instep drive, accurate passing, heading...
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 28 Dec 2007, 00:56

Yes I completely see what you mean. My main goal right now doesn't concern my Highschool team because its not doing well right now, it's moreso focused on making one of the top U15 teams in Florida right now, I'm playing for the club right now but I'm on a B team instead of the A team so that's my main priority...

And thanks for the tips btw, I almost forgot about the basics of which all soccer is based upon. But, the only thing I need to really work on (I think though, however I'm only 14 so I may be wrong...) is progressing the ball upwards by passing it between teammates and finding that gap at the other end of the field (since I play sweeper) as well as work on 20yd sprints and heading ability.

: Back to Progress Log:
Today I played soccer with two friends, really wasn't a challenge since neither of them have played on a team in a couple of months, it helped a little with passing and overall control, but I'm going to the track and working on sprints tomorrow for the beginning of my season in like three weeks.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 28 Dec 2007, 12:09

AmericanFutballer wrote:Yes I completely see what you mean. My main goal right now doesn't concern my Highschool team because its not doing well right now, it's moreso focused on making one of the top U15 teams in Florida right now, I'm playing for the club right now but I'm on a B team instead of the A team so that's my main priority...

And thanks for the tips btw, I almost forgot about the basics of which all soccer is based upon. But, the only thing I need to really work on (I think though, however I'm only 14 so I may be wrong...) is progressing the ball upwards by passing it between teammates and finding that gap at the other end of the field (since I play sweeper) as well as work on 20yd sprints and heading ability.

: Back to Progress Log:
Today I played soccer with two friends, really wasn't a challenge since neither of them have played on a team in a couple of months, it helped a little with passing and overall control, but I'm going to the track and working on sprints tomorrow for the beginning of my season in like three weeks.
hey man, your a central midfielder now rite? Or have you gone back to being a defender?
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8
"If you don't believe in yourself why should anyone else?" Andrei Shevchencko.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 28 Dec 2007, 14:07

Well, I was a starting holding mid for my team, but then an injury of a teammate forced me to play at an old position... However, I really brought the defense back there to order, so my coach is keeping me there now if i want to, which i do since it helps out my team in a much greater way than me playing holding midfielder. So yes, I am a defender again.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 29 Dec 2007, 10:45

AmericanFutballer wrote:Well, I was a starting holding mid for my team, but then an injury of a teammate forced me to play at an old position... However, I really brought the defense back there to order, so my coach is keeping me there now if i want to, which i do since it helps out my team in a much greater way than me playing holding midfielder. So yes, I am a defender again.
nice stuff :D But what position do you prefer playing anyways?
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 29 Dec 2007, 14:13

Well, I love playing a fabregas'ish position, since he's my favorite player, but since my team really needs me to anchor our defense I'm sticking with sweeper. Besides, everyone thinks I'm so much better at that position so I'll play that lol. :D
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

Rulezzz
Veteran Member

Post by Rulezzz » 29 Dec 2007, 16:06

AmericanFutballer wrote:Well, I love playing a fabregas'ish position, since he's my favorite player, but since my team really needs me to anchor our defense I'm sticking with sweeper. Besides, everyone thinks I'm so much better at that position so I'll play that lol. :D
lol well good luck anyway, whatever position you decide to play!
CRYSTAL PALACE FC
keller8

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 31 Dec 2007, 02:29

Alright, recent activity has been almost at zero. I've been playing soccer very little because me and my girlfriend have been doing alot of stuff over break, first one so you know i'm trying to impress her and everything lol. Anyways, by wednesday I'm going to start running track again, as well as doing some physical work so I'll keep you guys posted when i start that!
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

Norm

Post by Norm » 31 Dec 2007, 02:44

did u get ur d wet? ;) ;)

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Post by AmericanFutballer » 09 Jan 2008, 02:23

Haha I'm not going to answer that...

Anyways, started running again, practices for Region cup start next week, Yes! Anyways, finally found a routine that works for me, pretty much Jog at a good pace then at a certain point stop, then sprint back half-way to where I started, then jog the rest of the way. It really helps with my explosiveness and overall aerobic and anaerobic endurance. And I get a tan in the meantime lol. :D
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals