Going to Make it...

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Hope your ribs are feeling better, man. Keep practising and as rzadzinski said, dribbling is key! Anyway, try to keep everyone informed.

Happy training, and best of luck to you.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Thx. Anyway, i'm starting it off easy now, some light jogging and sprinting. Juggling and shooting is moreso what i'm focusing on currently, since i'm not able to work on endurance because of my recent injury >.> My juggling learning curve is gone i think, if i concentrate (and keep count :D ) my juggling averages have been from around 17-20, beating my goal of an average of 15. My record has went from 27-35-62, a pheonominal improvement i must say :D . My shots are straight, my curves are getting spectacular, i'm improving in various aspects of the game that i've been lacking in before. I will give credit to a rebounder my mom got out of the garage for me :lol: , that is what helped so much. Today, i'm going to try to go to the local park and play with my friends 3v3 team, if not, i'll train outside. I'm getting so excited over my improvement!!!!
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Ok, my B-day was yesterday so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!!! I am so excited, i recieved a pair of copa mundials from my grandma, they are so sweet! And i even got a 10R ball, haven't pumped it up yet because i broke the needle for the pump :o , so i have to buy some more. Once again i've been working on my shots avidly, they are greatly improving, atleast i think so, my curves are getting better, i shot and curved the ball around a tree at my b-day party, so that was pretty sweet :) . But now i'm starting to practice with some competition, my friend is now playing with me at the park on a couple days of the week so i work on endurance and strength training with him, as well as ball controls skills, etc. I'm really getting better!
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals
"The ability to succeed requires the realization of what one wants and the passionate desire to attain it."

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Nice mate, I have Copa Mundials too, and I gotta say that they are the best cleat ever... your grandma is very smart :D ! Keep up the good work.

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Sounds like you had a pretty awesome birthday! Way to go Grandma eh? :D Anyway, best of luck. Keep working hard.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Thx guys, ye Go Grandma! Btw you're right, copa mundials are the best shoe ever!!! Anyway, today was awesome, i finally had some competition from one of my old teammates at the local park. We did some 1v1, shooting, and other drills. We are actually pretty even, he's a lil' better a offense and me at defense so that evens it out. I'll see how good i am in-game though, he wants me to try out for the travel team he's on though, i might just have to :wink: .
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Ok, played my heart out yesterday doing 1v1 with my friend, and another injury struck :( . My kness are super weak, i think with it being super cold the last few days the ground is now hard, very hard. Against my friend i was sprinting alot too. Although i beat almost every time :wink:, so atleast i know i'm improving, dramatically. I'll have to wait this one out, it is a weird injury but we'll see. Thanks for the support btw!
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

February 20

Had a great time practising with my grandma :D. Running some passing drills and first touch stuff i feel i really had a great practice today. I did some juggling stuff as well as other minor ball control drills. My highlight of the day is that now i can do the elastico almost at a jog, so i guess that's useful. So now I can't wait to show my coach how much i've improved over these past few months. We'll see how good i am in the spring season.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

February 23

Another day of soccer fun. Worked on my shots once more, which is getting more irritating to me because whenever i shoot against my rebounder hard, or harder than usual, the grounders i stick in the ground for the net always come off, it's getting annoying. But atleast that means my shots are alot more powerful :D. My elastico is kinda better, my stepovers/scissors are getting alot faster now that i have a time where i just run back and forth practicing these moves. Still, things are going great, can't wait till spring season starts because i'm going crazy practcing by myself.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Well, since alot of people are reviving they're old progress logs and i'm not really able to constantly post in this forum b/c of school i just thought i'd do this to keep you guys updated.

School tryouts were...not very good lol. They were concluded up about a week ago, for three days the coaches watched and analyzed us, watching our every move, but apparently got the wrong impression for certain players, like me. (School of around 2000 kids btw, around 100 maybe at tryouts, probably not that much but just an estimate) I'm afraid i was trying out for a position thought to be my best role for the team, sweeper, and so after playing DCM with my club team for so long, it was kinda hard adjusting. I did make a few good stops, really did not stay on form at all, let the worst players slip by me b/c of my momentum...anyway, supplementary tryouts will be coming up and the coaches announced they would let anyone else try out who didn't make the original roster, to see what may happen. I'm going out for sweeper again, since that is my ideal position since i'm not up to par with a CM role...yet...and so we'll see how that works out.

In the mean time, I've been doing a lot of running, hoping to be a starting CM for my club team this coming season (Starts in feb. i believe) and if i get my stamina up, this will lead to much better things in my game. My problem is not really endurance, but maintaining the same level skill wise as i do in the beginning of the game. So, i've decided to run at my local track, already started timing myself for 1.5 mile runs (9min run was my most recent time, but that was after spending an hour at the park also doing some physical stuff) but this week i'm just going to the track now and running, to start with, probably 4-5 miles, taking a break either after 2miles, or 2.5, depending on the weather. Hopefully this will increase enough so that i can work on endurance, but i'll also work moreso on 20yd sprints, and recovering afterwards, we'll see though, this upcoming week will be my first practice sessions since tryouts (excluding do some touchwork in my yard)

Anyways, just thought i would keep everyone updated, btw schools going great, i believe i have all A's the first nine weeks with all AP courses, (not sure about Pre-AP english) and so highschool isn't turning out as bad as i thought, but just wish me luck at tryouts coming up and i'll try to keep you guys updated on this.

Edit: Some of you may not know that i recently made a travel team in my city, the best one for U15 players anyway, made the U16 (B) team, so i'm playing up an age group. Not as glamorous as you guys may think though, b/c most of the players atually are U15 and all the U16 players are actually worse that us, so that sucks. But we're holding our own in competition, since this was a newly formed team for the club we were not doing well in the beginning, but we've turned it around and have been getting a whole lot better, we're not losing like every game. My role was Defensive/holding CM until a recent injury made me make a sacrifice and play as sweeper on our team for the past maybe 2 or 3 games and our ending tournament. Still, it strengthened our team and we went on to do very well in the tournament, we're scored on very little times b/c of the vocal strength i offer in the back and the desire for perfection in my defenseive line. I've even heard from the goalkeeper that he feels safer with me playing as sweep than with the previous starter for that position. Anyways, season went well, ended about two weeks ago, and will resume in February.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

Clumsylegs
Veteran Member

I'm so jealous to you. Your offseason is about 4 months, we have 8-9 months... Living directly on the border of Arctic Circle.

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

Alright, first new progress log.

November 5

Went for volunteer hours at my old Middle school, after that I went to the track and ran about 2 and 1/4 miles, wasn't really exhausting but my nose was really bothered since the temperature change and really affected me. After that i decided to go play some soccer, touch on the ball, etc. Since the school had nets i decided to shoot on goal. It was a good plan, but i realized my ball was actually flat from me shooting it into trees on the side of my rebounder net (i think of them as posts lol :D ) so my ball was kinda flat. Worked on some kicks, no knuckle balls but no spin ones, then decided to do a crossbar challenge about 5min before i left. Pretty much chipped the ball about 10-15yds away from the goal, tried to hit top bar. Out of 5 times i think i managed 2 so 2/5 , both were in succesion so not that bad. Anyways, good practice, but i'm hoping to do more running in future b/c i'm focusing on getting in shape for a true CM position.

November 6

Nothing to report because of homework today, slight 1.5 mile jog from my house to the front of the neighborhood taking me around 9min-10min. Hopefully i'll find time tomorrow for more track.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

AmericanFutballer
Veteran Member

November 7

Fooling around, trying to figure out how to curl ball effectively so i can start taking more freekicks for my team.

New juggling record is 252 :P. Went from 145.

Have practice tomorrow with my team (non-mandatory) we'll see how that turns out. Usually these are low-caliber, off season training sessions, like touch work and a little game of 'world cup' or scrimmages etc. Nothing hard. Will give update of that hopefully sometime this weekend.
Shut Up, I am Here...
- Goals

Kakasgotskillz
Veteran Member

Awesome improvement on juggling. Are your team off-season practices indoor?

ageorge
Veteran Member

It sounds like the problems you had making your high school roster were technical issues, I noticed you spent a lot of time juggling and running, fitness is good but you should put a lot more emphasis on ball control, practice having the ball in control out of the air on the ground in one touch and being able to redirect your touches on your first touch. Look around for videos explaining technical things.
"I eat football, I sleep football, I breathe football. I'm not mad, I'm just passionate."<STRIKE>Thierry Henry</STRIKE>