Im Trying To Go Pro

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
gunnerz23
Veteran Member

January 8th Day 11
Sorry havent posted in a while again lol ! Happy new year! I bought a new pair of indoors, Adidas Absolados IN. They are pretty good, the indoor season is starting soon so i bought them just in time.
Today i practised for almost 2hrs doing a range of skills.
First off, i went to the park and practised bending for half an hour. I can sometimes get the ball to bend furiously and other times it bends but it doesnt really get off the ground. I guess its because im hitting it too high. I read a free kick guide somewhere on the site and copied the style, and it helped a lot. Bending is starting to get easier now for me, i guess i just need to keep practising to perfect it.
Afterwards i did passing excerises where i stood about 5metres (i couldnt stand any further because of the fence.) away from the wall and I kept passing with the side of both feet. I couldnt always go left,right,left,right but i did manage to use them both evenly. I did that for almost 20mins.
Afterwards i did a few power shots, spending 5mins kicking it with my left then with my right. I am a right footer so i needed to practise more with my left, but i noticed that wen i kicked the ball, it sort of hurt. Could this have something to do with me not used to kicking with my left or something?
Anyway, i need to focus on building up more power as i cant kick as har as id like to. Afterwards i did a bit of volleying practise. I volleyed the ball into the wall and as it came back, i volleyed it back. I did this for about 5mins. After i continued volleying, throwing the ball up then volleying it as it came down. This really helps with timing.
Finally i did 10mins on stepovers,10mins on cruyff turns and i spent 15mins doing elasticos, both with left and right. With my left im still a beginner, but with my right i can do it perfectly most of the time.
So the things i really want to improve overall are mainly my bending,powershooting,left foot and volleying.
The football season is starting soon so i will look forward to putting them into use again. I'll appreciate any constructive critisism,comments or tips.
Thanx for reading,
BRENTON :D
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

January 30th Day 12
ok. Sorry for not posting. I got a little bit caught up with all the new years and christmas celebrations. So now i seriously trying to go pro, and i will post every single day, provided i dont have any other commitments.
The football season is starting here next month and I have to be fully fit by the time it starts. So heres a bit of what i did yesterday:
Firstly i started freestyling a bit, for about half an hour. Freestyling is good for ball control so i do it for fun. I was just practising atw's and tatw's. Im getting the hang of tatw, and im getting pretty close to mastering it. I figured freestyling is a good thing to do in spare time to brush up on yourn ball control.
Also, i have started a new weight matrix program, which i did last year and i am starting this year again, but its going to be with heavier weights. Im only doing it every 2 days, and i will freestyle,run and practise football on the other days. The program runs for 12weeks (about 3months)

I started off with hyperflexes, which is where you lie on your stomach and raise your upperbody and lowerbody together, leaving just your midsection on the ground. Its a very good excercise.
I did 2 sets of them, each set looking like this:
5 full
5 halfway (from the bottom up)
5 halfway (from the top up)
and 5 full again

After that i did crouches with a 15kg(33lbs) dumbell in my hands, resting on my shoulders. I know it isnt a lot of weight, but im just starting off easy. I did 2 sets of the same style mentioned above. (Im using that all the time for this early stage of the program.) It worked my back,triceps, quads and basicaly all of my leg muscles.
After that i did pretty much the same excercise, except I held the 15kg dumbell in front of me, resting it on my collar-bone area. I did the same set pattern and this excercise worked my forearms,biceps,chest and again all my leg muscles.
Afterwards i did a donkey calf exercise (please ignore the weird name haha) and that was where you stand on the edge of the step, only the ball of your foot is on the actual step and you with a small 15kg dumbell in one hand and you lean forward and keep your balance with the other one. Your other leg is raised. Then, with the foot that is on the step, you lower your heel and raise it as high as you can on the edge of the step. It works your arm and your calves real well. I did 4 sets of them, with the same pattern for each leg, 2 standing and 2 leaning over. So overall i did 8 sets.
After that, i had a quick jog, i jogged 1km in 4mins. Im planning on doing more today. After that i juggled for a bit. I noticed i am consistently getting to 100 now, which is a really big improvement for me.
Hope you all understood all of that, it was a long post.
Thanx for reading.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

gunnerz23 wrote:January 30th Day 12
ok. Sorry for not posting. I got a little bit caught up with all the new years and christmas celebrations. So now i seriously trying to go pro, and i will post every single day, provided i dont have any other commitments.
The football season is starting here next month and I have to be fully fit by the time it starts. So heres a bit of what i did yesterday:
Firstly i started freestyling a bit, for about half an hour. Freestyling is good for ball control so i do it for fun. I was just practising atw's and tatw's. Im getting the hang of tatw, and im getting pretty close to mastering it. I figured freestyling is a good thing to do in spare time to brush up on yourn ball control.
Also, i have started a new weight matrix program, which i did last year and i am starting this year again, but its going to be with heavier weights. Im only doing it every 2 days, and i will freestyle,run and practise football on the other days. The program runs for 12weeks (about 3months)

I started off with hyperflexes, which is where you lie on your stomach and raise your upperbody and lowerbody together, leaving just your midsection on the ground. Its a very good excercise.
I did 2 sets of them, each set looking like this:
5 full
5 halfway (from the bottom up)
5 halfway (from the top up)
and 5 full again

After that i did crouches with a 15kg(33lbs) dumbell in my hands, resting on my shoulders. I know it isnt a lot of weight, but im just starting off easy. I did 2 sets of the same style mentioned above. (Im using that all the time for this early stage of the program.) It worked my back,triceps, quads and basicaly all of my leg muscles.
After that i did pretty much the same excercise, except I held the 15kg dumbell in front of me, resting it on my collar-bone area. I did the same set pattern and this excercise worked my forearms,biceps,chest and again all my leg muscles.
Afterwards i did a donkey calf exercise (please ignore the weird name haha) and that was where you stand on the edge of the step, only the ball of your foot is on the actual step and you with a small 15kg dumbell in one hand and you lean forward and keep your balance with the other one. Your other leg is raised. Then, with the foot that is on the step, you lower your heel and raise it as high as you can on the edge of the step. It works your arm and your calves real well. I did 4 sets of them, with the same pattern for each leg, 2 standing and 2 leaning over. So overall i did 8 sets.
After that, i had a quick jog, i jogged 1km in 4mins. Im planning on doing more today. After that i juggled for a bit. I noticed i am consistently getting to 100 now, which is a really big improvement for me.
Hope you all understood all of that, it was a long post.
Thanx for reading.
Impressive! Like you said though, make sure you don't get anymore commitments. I have a lot of commitments right now :cry:

Mattsta

Hey good work brenton but I would try using heavier weights, like I know u should start off easy but then progress to 50kg+ that's what I lift anyway bout 50kg.

Have u learnt better controlwith ur chest yet since september? If not I recommend learning 'chest stall'. It really helped me gain alot more control with my chest, now I am fabulous at using my chest to trap/stop the ball. If u have already learnt it, just disregard the paragraph above.

Well good luck with your training rountine(s) brenton and I look forward to commenting further on ur routines in the days, months and maybe years to come lol.

L8erz.

P.s. maybe I will make a progress log soon lol I've been meaning to do it.
THE|new|GENERATION|of|FREESTYLERS|are|BORN|

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

February 1st Day 13
AHH! The 2nd day of school and im bored already! I guess it was pretty cool seeing all my mates again, but the thought of early mornings, afterschool detentions and homework make me feel sick! haha....
anyway, i did my h/w today, coz unfortunately, that has to come first.
Didnt get to do any real practise today as we had an unexpected shower, which isnt weird since Melbourne is known for its unpredictable weather.
So i just freestyled for about half an hour, just practising some of my moves and i had a few touches of the ball and practised perfecting my elastico,hocus pocus and i did a few akkas.
Afterwards, i ran 1km on the treadmill, i did it under 4mins this time, however i feel i could of done it faster if i didnt get a nasty stich.
I then did a few bicycle situps and pushups, I did two sets, each set is 30 pushups and 20 bicycle situps. Afterwards I made one of those home-made isotonic drinks that oobee07 was talking about in his sports drink guide.
Thanx oobee07, its a smart idea.
Also, the football season is starting soon so im getting really serious about training and in term 2 ( from about may to august) my school is having an Intermediate football team, which is the best out of the year 10's and 9's! (Im a year 9 btw) so that is going to be really hard! Im not sure if i can make it in, but if i train, im sure id have a good chance. The only problem is, our school is known throughout the state for producing some of the best football teams in Victoria in a lot of age groups. So im up with quite a bit of stiff competition. If i make it, i will be the happiest boy alive!
Mattsta wrote:Have u learnt better control with ur chest yet since september? If not I recommend learning 'chest stall'. It really helped me gain alot more control with my chest, now I am fabulous at using my chest to trap/stop the ball. If u have already learnt it, just disregard the paragraph above.
yer Mattsta, my chest control is definetely coming along and i can do the chest stall pretty well now, im just trying to work it into freestyling combos.
I just need a few more tips on trapping on my chest. I know the basics, but im sure theres something im doing wrong. Any help from anyone will be appreciated.
Thanx for reading again guys!

gnarlyjim
EF Mountie

Sounds like you're progressing. Keep up the good work!

One thing I have to say, is try to be consistent. As little as a half an hour helps. Just try to get a little bit of training in everyday.

Best of luck!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

February 26th Day 14

Havent been on this site in about 2 weeks, which is pretty long for me...
Anyway, the football season has finally started over here and i had my first training session yesterday, which went for about an hour.
I started off as usual, doing stretches and jogging around the field, with a few bursts of sprints during it. We had a few 100m sprint races which i am improving a lot on, but i need to improve more since im doing a few events in the athletics carnival this year and the school intermediate football team tryouts are next term, so im looking forward to that aswell.
Anyway, we did a few suicide runs at training, which i havent done in a while and can really stuff u up after u did about 5 of them like me...lol
We played a small 5v5 match on about half the field, and i played alright, scoring a goal and assisting a few, but i could of done better.
My next training session is 10am next sunday, so im looking forward to that and i am trying to improve my game... This year should be a good one for me as far as football goes....
Thanx for reading