Im Trying To Go Pro

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Im Trying To Go Pro

Post by gunnerz23 » 06 Nov 2006, 00:58

hey,
im brenton and im working to go pro and im starting a progress log to find tips,inspiration and encourougement from u guys so ill just give u guyz aquick run down of my life so far and my football strengths and weaknesses.

INTRODUCTION
Well i woz born on the 18th/06/1992 in Geelong, Australia. I then moved to Melbourne wen i woz 2 years old and have been living here ever since.
ive been into sport my life, and have liked, cricket, AFL and rugby but the sad thing is i woznt exposed to football until 2 years ago wen i moved skools in 2004. I made lots of friends who were football obesessed and they, ended up getting me obsessed lol.
So i joined a club and have been playing ever since. I wish i had been introduced to football at an earlier age, but i cant change the pastso ihave to work with wot ive got. Im pretty dedicated the gamenow, I practise about 1.5-2hrs a day.
So here r a list of my strengths and weaknesses that i possess while playing the beautiful game:

STRENGTHS:
-an excellent tactical mind
-Strength (I used to play rugby and AFL)
- Juggling (My record is 118)
- Dribbling
-Heading
-Endurance and Stamina
-Good Leadership skills

WEAKNESSES:
-Volleys
-Left Foot (I can only juggle and pass with it)
-Trapping with my chest
-Speed (Im probably just over average. About 15secs in 100m sprint)
- Bending the ball efficiently

So theres a rundown about me, and im going to login my progress daily, so u guyz no how im going. Please post encourougment, helpful tips and advice, aswell as some inspiring stuff. Ill log in my first progression post later today.
THANX :D
Last edited by gunnerz23 on 06 Nov 2006, 02:36, edited 1 time in total.
forum for all arsenal fans:http://www.talkarsenal.com

"Theres nothing Im scared of in football."- Thierry Henry

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 06 Nov 2006, 02:07

whoa, that is something like the 5th new progress log this week. Anyways, just work on all of the weaknesses, check out other people's progress logs for tips and training routines, and btw u stole the name of my progress log!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil: :x

mpcarres14
Veteran Member

Post by mpcarres14 » 06 Nov 2006, 02:37

Well, first off, how much more growing do you have to go through? Until you supply this, there isn't much I can say that you should do.

One general thing that I notice is your speed. This needs some pretty serious work. It is very true that speed isn't imperative for success, but if you aren't a player with pace, to go big you are going to need superb vision and speed of thought, and that's just something that is extremely rare in this world. Also, I would continue to work on my touch if I were you. If you can get 100 juggles consistantly, then that's pretty good, but if that's just a one time record, than that could use some work. One more thing, to have pro ambitions, you should have a level of confidence that you can trap any ball that comes to you, with any surface of your body. Therefore, you should just go out and pass with a friend, long balls, short balls, in the air, on the ground, etc.

I don't mean to pop your bubble in any way. It's great that you are dedicated to the game, and I wish you all the luck. Also, for motivation, keep in mind that Ian Wright was playing for a pub team at the age of 21, and was only scouted by Millwall when participating in a purely friendly amateur match. I guess what I'm saying is that at our age, you are nowhere near too late.

God damn brewery!!!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 06 Nov 2006, 02:46

thanx for the advice mpcarres14, it really helped. Im going to work on my speed and juggling today aswell as a wholerange of passing. Thanx man, that woz seriously some valuable advice.

btw iwannagpro,i didnt noe i had the same topic name as u. Sorry.
Ive changed it now to "Im Trying To Go Pro" LoL.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 06 Nov 2006, 04:41

mpcarres14 wrote: Also, for motivation, keep in mind that Ian Wright was playing for a pub team at the age of 21, and was only scouted by Millwall when participating in a purely friendly amateur match. I guess what I'm saying is that at our age, you are nowhere near too late.
thankyou so much.Ive looked all over the internet for somebody to tell me that! I had a feeling that ive wasted most of my childhood doing nothing wen i could of been playing football,but now its too late to go pro. So now i have a new source of inspiration to push me harder through my training because now i noe its not too late! i can go pro!! Because my dad doesnt want me to spend all my time practising football, because he thinks i hvnt got a chance to reach top level.
So thanx man, IOU1. If u hav anymore stories about good players who started playing late then ill gladly listen. THANX MAN!! :D :D

btw did u noe that Shaun Wright-Phillips is his son?

kamil k

Post by kamil k » 06 Nov 2006, 06:11

Nice to see you have started a progress log log gunnerz :D

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

DAY 1

Post by gunnerz23 » 06 Nov 2006, 10:27

Monday 6th November 2006. Day 1

Well, first day today but unfortunately, i came down with a nasty virus, so i only ended up training for just under 1 and a half hours. I had to struggle to get outside but with me, wen i start playing, i cant stop.
Anyway i started playing about 6:30PM AEST and started off with a some stretches and warmups. After stretching my whole body, i started my new situp/pushup routine. I started the pushups easy, just 10 before and 10 after training. I then did 50 situps and got down to some football. I did a 100 touch run, where i run around the block only stopping when i have touched the ball 100 times. Its a good workout. Then i started juggling.I felt pretty stuffed after the run so I only managed 58. (Dont laugh!)
After that it woz heading practise. I stood side on to the goals when my friend crossed the ball in and i headed into the goals. I got it in everytime. Heading is starting to become one of my strengths now. I then did head juggles getting 8. I worked on my overall trapping and i now can trap on my chest with confidence! I felt so proud of myself! I practised some shots with my left foot and then juggled a bit more. After that my mum called me bak in because it woz getting cold,and i woz still getting over the virus.
So therez my day so far. I have learn to Chest trap today! theres an improvement. If u improve just a little everyday, you will become a great player.
So here are my goals for tomorow:
- Beat my juggling record (118)
- Do 100 aggregate pushups
- Do 20 pushups
- Run full incline on the treadmill at at least 10kmph.
- Do some basic plyometrics

Thanx for reading guyz. Post comments,tips and even some constructive critisism. BRENTON

kamil k

Post by kamil k » 06 Nov 2006, 10:38

Great for Day 1

Howard

Post by Howard » 06 Nov 2006, 14:11

I woulld suggest you to do more push-ups. That's pretty good for day one.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 06 Nov 2006, 17:29

sounds good mate, but make sure u take it easy, i wouldnt train at full speed until u r completely recovered... but otherwise sounds good!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 06 Nov 2006, 21:51

Howard wrote:I woulld suggest you to do more push-ups. That's pretty good for day one.
yer i decided to start of slow to start off the routine, now tommorow i am going to do 20pushups then 2sets of 50 situps before and after training.
Thanx for the advice
iwannagopro wrote: i wouldnt train at full speed until u r completely recoverd....
yer my mum told me that i shouldnt train wen im sick but i couldnt help myself. Today i still havnt fully recovered, but im definetely going to train because i feel up to it. And iwannagopro, can i use ur "skillbuilders"? Because its a really smart idea, but ill modify it to suit my training regime.
Thanx for the advice
BRENTON

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Post by iwannagopro » 06 Nov 2006, 22:06

hey of course u can use em... happy to help, i was just joking about the copyright thing :lol: :lol: i modified them a bit though so it works out better, because the running distance was too much. Now it goes...
Juggle ball ten times,
Do ten pushups,
Sprint 50m,
3/4 sprint (jog if you must) back,
repeat

the 80 meter sprint there and back was too much, and so you couldnt sprint full speed. And since u cant sprint full speed then u cant really work on improving your top speed. Also try doing it going up a slight incline, it helps work the muscles more. Cheers!!!

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 06 Nov 2006, 22:17

yer thanx mate. I live on top of a massive hill, so ill sprint up it.
So how many times do i repeat the skillbuilder?

Falcao

Post by Falcao » 06 Nov 2006, 22:56

ok your weakness was speed, volleys, left foot and to take it on the chest.

ok

SPEED PRACTICE;
set up 5 cones; 5meters (yards) distance from one cone to another.
then start on cone 1, and run as fast as you can to cone 2 and back to
cone 1. and without stopping run to cone 3 and back to cone 1 and then to
cone 4 and back to cone 1. do this 3 times. take a little break for every round you do. you can also change it like; instead
of running to cone 2 run to cone 4 and so on. its ur choice. its a really good practice. try it for 2 weeks after every practice. if you get faster keep on with it.
but remember, run DONT JOG! this gives better accleration and speed.

LEFT FOOT;
on every practice start juggling the ball with your left foot.
try some moves with your left foot.
dont give up on learning this.

VOLLEYS: kick the ball up and then when the ball is about to your knee
look at the ball and take it on volley.
REMEMBER LOOK AT THE BALL WHEN UR ABOUT TO KICK IT!

CHEST; kick up the ball, take it on the chest. do this sometimes then
start to kick the ball up, take it on the chest, turn around and shoot.
do this without letting the ball on the ground.
and look at the ball when your about to take it on volley, not the goal. the goal you must look on before. this goes really fast.
this gives better volleys to.
Thierry Henry is very good at this.

have fun.

gunnerz23
Veteran Member

Post by gunnerz23 » 06 Nov 2006, 23:00

you rock man!
that is some quality advice.
Thanx :D