It's Now or Never

Introduce yourself or talk about other forum users
kamil k

ASpring wrote:Yah, I get a little overloaded with homework from school sometimes. Because I sit there just thinking about football instead of actually doing it. :lol:

I've been pretty sick the last two days in case you were wondering why I didn't post. But I'm better now.

Today I focused on kicking technique to hopefully improve accuracy and power and I also focused on left foot passing.
We didn't have school today so I had a TON of time to practice.
My first session was about 9-10AM.
Second session was from around 12Noon-2:30PM.
Third and final session which also consisted of a 30min aerobic workout was from 3:30PM-6:00PM.

Total Practice Time: 6 hours.

Most of the practice wasn't too intensive although considering I was jammed in our basement with a bunch of old junk the entire time. :D

great training session, keep it up! :D

Pokerized

ASpring wrote:
I'm currently 5'8" and 135 lbs.
During now and my junior year I'm expected to gain about 4 inches. So my goal is to be about 6'0" or so and about 175 lbs. But still maintain my speed and endurance.
Holy crap, that's exactly me. We're like the exact same person from different states.

Both recently started taking soccer seriously
Both are on a sub-par school team
Both want to try out for established club teams
5'8"
135 lbs.
Sophomores
Except you play offense and I play defense.
"Some people believe that football is a matter of life and death; I am very disappointed with that attitude. I can assure you it is much, much more important than that."
-Bill Shankly

ASpring

Except you play offense and I play defense.
I'll play pretty much anywhere I just prefer Midfield because I love being a playmaker.

Really mild practice today since match is tommarrow. Just 40 minutes of instep drives at our barn. I noticed a HUGE improvment over last week, or even the beginning of this week.
I really believe Iwannagopro's guide helped me a lot.
It was cool because all my shots were faster, had less spin, more accurate and just plain better.

Have to go to my Great Aunt's aniversery thing tonight so probably won't get anymore practice in. I'm really excited to see what I can do tomarrow at the game though.

ASpring

Game Report

Olympia vs Morton
1-1

Team Performance: Much better than last time, we were taking good shots getting a lot of the rebounds overall better. The only thing I hate is that my m8s don't know any strategy.

Personal Performance: Great. I had a lot more confidence in taking on the defenders and I got around them 90% of the time. I had one breakaway thanks to my bro. The ball was in the air and he flicked it over his head just as a started my run. I took the shot only to find the goalie right where I was shooting. I really need to work on keeping my head up.
I also sprained my ankle near the end, it's currently turning purple and swelling up but I iced it and and going to take some meds. Hopefully I can still lift tomarrow. If I can't put too much weight on it I will just do upper body.

Off to do all my make-up work that I procrastinated until now. :roll:

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Thanks for the compliment mate! Glad the guide worked... As for your game, it sounds like it is all cool, except for keeping your head up. A way to solve this is practice dribbling as fast as you can with your head up, and just keep on doing it a whole bunch, and probably after an hour or so of total practice doing all of your drills and stuff, and just dribbling quickly with your head up, should help you keep you eyes looking ahead of you instead of the ground during games. Peace.

ASpring

It's starting to make me angry that I can't train, run, lift or anything else. My ankle is getting better slowly. I'm starting to make out the definition again so that means the swelling is finally going down.

My mom knows a lot about this stuff, she works at the doctors, she said it should be healed by Sunday. I figure I'll start with a light practice tomarrow. But I can't lock my ankle so no practice shots. I'm lucky it's my left foot. :D

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Cool man, just remember to not pressure it too much, just some light dribbling exercises. Otherwise, just rest it until all is good. Respect.

ASpring

Well I found that as long as I keep my foot flat and don't roll the ankle around at all I can pretty much do anything.

Wednesday: Did a fullbody workout in the weight room. 5x5 working on everything from triceps to calves. I can home and when I was taking a shower it hurt to hold my hands up and rub shampoo in my hair. Definantly was worn out.
I lifted for a total of about 2 hours and 15 minutes.

Today: Light 1 hour and 15 minute work on juggling and dribbling. Practiced mainly elasticos.

Tom: Lifting then hopefully going to a friends house and playing killer.

iwannagopro
EF Flying Dutchman

Nice man, it is great you got a gym to go to and you are taking advantage of it! Keep it up mate, the rewards are right around the corner!

XstaticX
Veteran Member

Good job mate,

Some advice, when I sprained my ankle it took three months both times I did to the same ankle. Make sure to do a lot of ankle strengthening exercises and calf work after your injury to rehab it cuz it's gonna be weaker from your injury. And massaging it will also work out some of the scar tissue that forms in there and makes your ankle feel a jolt when you press on it.

ASpring

Wow guys, sorry I haven't posted in a while.

I got really sick Friday and lost 7 lbs in one day. I'm still not feeling to great so I missed today's game.

I really want to lift and practice Monday but I'm not sure I'm up to it. We'll see how it turns out.

XstaticX
Veteran Member

I drank a protein shake that was in the fridge for one day and lost 7 lbs. because i got food poisioned. But I got it all back within the next couple of days :)